PDA

View Full Version : base DC5 ride quality

kingjumbo
22-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Before I get flamed for not searching and asking a cliche question; please note i've been researching suspension for dc5's for hours now:cool: This may sound like a simple query but I want some insight before I blow my hard-earned $$$ I've invested in suspesion setups in cars before only to have to change it 2 months later because of unbareable ride..

Purely from a 100% road-comfort and ride quality perspective what would the best solution be for $1000 or less (base dc5 2002).. My car will never see the track, althought I really REALLY want it to look nice and low with a minimum of ride quality sacrifice and I would love to hear some suggestions!

For $1000 or les I suppose there is 3 options

1) Quality EIBACH SPORTLINE lowering springs (although only modest drop) (or TEIN S-Tech Springs SOFT appear decent aswell)

2) some kind of shock/spring package (possibly best solution?)

3) 2nd hand coilovers (i'm guessing this would be the harshest of the 3 options)

Can somebody in the know please confirm or correct the above? Any suggestions for my 1k budget would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
mike

Stig
23-07-2010, 01:05 AM
2nd hand coilovers with the dampers adjusted to the softest setting? its pretty comfortable

EKVTIR-T
23-07-2010, 01:13 AM
The Tein S tech are a nice upgrade giving a subtle lowering and satisfying handling gain.Not harsh but feel firm and stable on spirited cornering keeping the body flatter than stock
Eibach are also highly regarded so both are fine options which give you choice later to replace the struts if need be.

Stig
23-07-2010, 01:15 AM
downside to springs is that your car will sometimes be lop sided, if you dont mind it looking like that its a cheap upgrade to do and reduces body roll as well

kingjumbo
23-07-2010, 01:40 AM
In America they seem to LOVE Tein S Techs.. I found this poll with a pretty big sample size.. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=303903

I'm trying to determine which will be softer, s techs or eibach sportlines.. You can get S Techs delivered from the U.S for $320.. might try and source some koni shocks and i think that could be quite a decent setup

EKVTIR-T
23-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Just a heads up,there are fake S techs from the U.S so make sure the seller is reputable

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/index.html

kingjumbo
23-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks mate that's a valuable piece of info.. found these ones http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-S-TECH-LOWERING-SPRINGS-ACURA-RSX-05-06-DC5-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f017c04d2QQitemZ27060 7844562QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries This seller seems legit and excelent price... we get ripped off in australia for springs. I'd like to bring in a container and make $100 profit on every set!

I wouldn't mind sourcing some perfectly matched shocks for the s techs, would pedders lowered shocks be alright? but perhaps you could even get away with stock shocks for extended amount of time, the drop doesn't seem rediculousy low

ps. are you aware of somewhere in sydney that stocks these springs?

Nuci
23-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Im in a similar situation to you mate and would also like to know the answer to this. I have skunk2 lowering springs in my car at the moment, it drops the car about an inch and reduces body roll a bit, but i think there maybe be better options out there (correct me if im wrong). Id also like to go a bit lower because we all know the DC5 is like a 4wd from factory lol