PDA

View Full Version : Engine sounds wierd

EP_KING
23-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi guys,

Recently, when I've been driving my S2K, I noticed that the car doesn't sound and respond to how it normally does. I can still feel the VTEC however it doesn't sound as nice and the VTEC doesn't give me the WOW factor which it normally does.

It has 97XXX kms now. Its always been serviced and I also recently had another service changing engine oil and oil filter to see if it would make any difference, but it didn't.

Sometimes when i accelerate, the car and the acceleration pedal feels heavy.

Has anyone experienced something similar before?

VeYzZii
23-07-2010, 11:08 PM
it can be the petrol your using man.. Have you swapped over from brand to brand.. Eg BP to Caltex..?

ludecrs
24-07-2010, 10:52 AM
YOutube.com

Find us a video of how it sounds and give us a link.

Simple thing could just be low on oil :)

YLDS2K
24-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I would recommend u check your spark plugs as they might be fowled. Also check the following, dirt and grime build up in throttle body, fuel Injectors, fuel pump. That's in regards to the loss of power but no idea about heavy pedal maybe check accelerator cable as it might start to get worn and be on the ready to snap. Not sure but it's worth looking at

EP_KING
26-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi guys,

Engine oil is fine. I check, refill and change engine oil very regularly. I have changed petrol though, however its still within Shell. I previously always filled up with V-Power, and now due to the GFC I have been refilling with normal unleaded. Have been using normal unleaded for a few months now. I might change it back to V-Power and see how that goes.

In regards to the heavy pedal, what i really meant is when i press the accelerator, it seems to be lagging as if the car is very heavy. The car doesn't sound as good as it was early this year. I used to VTEC on the entrance of every freeway just to hear the amazing sound, however, when i VTEC now, I feel frustrated and disappointed with the sound and power...feel like im driving a truck!

I have looked at clips on youtube, however i cannot find a sound which represents what i am going through. Most clips on youtube is timing chain, however my chain sounds find. Its just the engine when i accelerate and vtec that doesnt sound like it used to.

I dont even want to drive it anymore...just leaving it in the garage.

dciisir
26-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Why don't you drop your car in to a mechanic to take a look ? Not sure where you live but Ward While Motors at Box Hill are pretty good with Hondas. They are friendly and can possibly go out for a spin with ya.

aaronng
26-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I have changed petrol though, however its still within Shell. I previously always filled up with V-Power, and now due to the GFC I have been refilling with normal unleaded. Have been using normal unleaded for a few months now. I might change it back to V-Power and see how that goes.

The S2000 requires a minimum of 95 RON petrol. So you need to use Premium or V-power.

EP_KING
26-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Why don't you drop your car in to a mechanic to take a look ? Not sure where you live but Ward While Motors at Box Hill are pretty good with Hondas. They are friendly and can possibly go out for a spin with ya.

I live in Bulleen which is 5 mins away. Is it corner of Elgar and Whitehorse road? I'm going to use up all my petrol to fill up with V-Power and see if it improves

irvinchua
28-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes they are. I've been going there for almost 3 years now and they've always done a good job, and even emergency jobs if they can fit you in. Very reasonable prices too.

winkyc
29-07-2010, 09:50 AM
yeah it says it on the petrol cap..
why bother to use anything else but premium or v-power?

The S2000 requires a minimum of 95 RON petrol. So you need to use Premium or V-power.