View Full Version : [HELP] EK-> EG changable parts

DA9B18C
23-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey guys,

i got a mates eg thats not running all of a sudden

will a distributer and alternater out of a 96 EK auto GLI EK hatch

fit into a 93 manual GL EG hatch

any response or idea would be great

(if in VIC and u have the parts for the eg i need [alternator+dizzy], please pm)

cheers:wave:

DA9B18C
26-07-2010, 04:12 PM
someone needs to know

or

at least help

57U-00
26-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't know Civics too well, but in all honesty, it depends on the motor... find out what motor the vehicle is running and then u'll be able to determine whether or not it is similar to the EK... there are several things that would give away whether or not the vehicle is using the same altenator, being what motor was in each vehicle, what extra accessories that it may or may not have been running, hence whether it may or may not require a bigger / more powerful altenator or not, etc...

if all else fails, ring a wreckers... like i said, i don't know civics that well (yes i'm a noob to some extent) however I have worked at a wreckers for quite some time previously in my life and found that unless there is a massive overhaul in engine design altenators, air conditioning condensers, and peripheral parts of the motor that aren't the block, head, or fuel injectors generally stay the same throughought the different models.... like i said tho, if in doubt, check with a wrecker...

[[d a n n y]]
27-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Preety sure efi dizzy wont fit carby dizzy

jdm_b16a
27-07-2010, 09:01 AM
];2808646']Preety sure efi dizzy wont fit carby dizzy

Absolutely correct Danny. Different setup altogether, especially with vacuum lines.

Peter

57U-00
27-07-2010, 09:56 AM
oh yeah, and there's that fact to... however that would be a variance in the motor from EFI to carburettor fuel system... so i guess i wasn't wrong... kinda... :p

DA9B18C
27-07-2010, 03:53 PM
so let me re phrase?!

will a d16y4 dizzy work on a 1.5 dual carb-non vtec engine??

really appreciate the help guys