PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations and shuttering when turning left.

Vtec8U :D
23-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi guys,

Im new here my names Ed and I drive a 94 EG civic. I'm having a few problems with vibrations and shuttering coming through the steering wheel when turning left. Now i did just replace my driveshafts (both left and right hand side) and they are seated correctly with every bolt tightened correctly and all split pins replaced.

This only happens when im turning left and applying some throttle and gets worse with full throttle. Ive tried reading up on this but there isnt really a clear answer when i search it other then CV joints being worn and what not.

Thanks, Ed

grifty
23-07-2010, 06:12 PM
i would try jacking the front end up and put it on jack stands. Then turn the direction of your wheels to the left and rotate them by hand to see if you can find or replicate the vibration.

pablos8
23-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I would suggest looking at your wheel bearing/hub.. but maybe engine mounts as well may be an option from some things I've read?

but as grifty said jack up the car and spin it by hand and see if you can see any wobbling/sounds coming from it when spun by hand, if so try and get it to the mechanic asap

_bORdO_
23-07-2010, 07:13 PM
axle problem?
the axle is what allows your car to turn.

Lukey
23-07-2010, 08:43 PM
check ur wheelnuts

24-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Ok i jacked it up and there is nothing wrong by hand, i did ask a mechanic next door to where i work and he recommended getting a wheel alignment first before jumping to conclusions. Ill do a wheel alignment first then if it continues ill hand it into a mechanic.

Thanks guys for the helpful adivce, ill update this thread on the outcome. Ed

06-08-2010, 04:48 PM
caster bush was worn out...new bush in...problem gone.

_bORdO_
06-08-2010, 06:53 PM
good work bloke!