PDA

View Full Version : Ugh... DC5 Help Please..

WATAJK
23-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Okay... Trying to install my strut bar...
****ing diaster... One diaster after another and now im so FRUSTRATED it's ridiculous..

The Shockers points (The 3 gold threads, first i lost a nut from one and found it woohoo great...)
Then attempting to get the strut bar on... Guess what... The Nuts WONT go down by hand or by wrench gun.. WTF...... I looked and found the thread is gone at the top.. so its basically impossible to get the nut down and i've been told it's now to dangerous to drive it as the shocker has the possibility of falling out...

Is this replaceable or do i need to be a complete new bloody shocker??

Now... this is where the icing hits the cakes....
The OEM Strut, whilst re-installing it... One bolt after the other... second last nut... I snapped the thread that sticks up... yes... Snapped.... Now is this replaceable or not?? (This is what worries me) By looking, it's not welded to the chasis so i can't see how it and that it should be replaceable but i could be wrong of course...

Heres photos :(
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/mickamious/issues002.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/mickamious/issues001.jpg

EKVTIR-T
23-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I warned you about those strutbar bolts snapping in your other thread....did you read?

It will need to be drilled out and replaced.

As far as the strut/"shocker" threads,you can rethread them and they might be ok to reuse

WATAJK
23-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Well for the shocker ones.. Stuff that... Will just get coilovers as they were on the agenda aswell if you get me....
I didn't see your post mate.. Was already outside attempting and failed hard lol.... =(
So they need to be drilled out and replaced (The 2 red threads correct??)
Now im considering on where to take this to get fixed for the Strut Threads.....
The Gold threads can be fixed when i change the sussy over...

Tai
23-07-2010, 06:15 PM
LOL, don't worry Watajk, I did the same thing as well, It's a well known Issue with first timers.

With those threads you gotta torque it jsut right, don't go overboard.

You just gotta bang on the thread to loosen the stud and then turn it or drill it out, and then putting in a new stud.

Recommend you doing it with a mechanic who knows his thing.

If you are in Syd I can advise of someone.

Don't stress it's not the end of the world.

Lesson learnt, torque the bolts and nuts according to specs.