PDA

View Full Version : Mugen SS Suspension for DC5S - Anyone have these? Opinon on this setup..

obsessionz
23-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys, Recently purschased an Integra Type S, previously owning a DC5R having coilovers before and found it too harsh for daily... Anyone tested the Mugen SS Suspension for DC5S?

Wanted to know what these are like for daily use? are they firm enough to take corners through twisties etc? Any issues with them? eg: sagging springs etc?

Ive had buddyclub N+ coilovers on my old DC5R had heaps of issues with them... knocking sounds, popping noises and found them pretty stiff..

any recommendations would be great!

bennjamin
24-07-2010, 12:19 AM
pm the user " muzukashi" - off this forum. I put a set of mugen springs/shocks into his DC5. Lowered the car just about right and AFAIK he liked them.

muzukashi
24-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Haha yeah they're really good actually, not as intense as coilovers feels exactly like stock cant really tell the difference really i guess cause its mugen :thumbsup:

As for the corner's yeah they're great with fast turns and all but aslong as your not turning at incredibly stupid speeds should be fine really

aslong as you're not after a huge drop these are win-win for daily use, recommended aslong as you can find it for a reasonable price then go for it :angel:

obsessionz
24-07-2010, 09:08 AM
pm sent!

jyh888
24-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Haha yeah they're really good actually, not as intense as coilovers feels exactly like stock cant really tell the difference really i guess cause its mugen :thumbsup:

As for the corner's yeah they're great with fast turns and all but aslong as your not turning at incredibly stupid speeds should be fine really

aslong as you're not after a huge drop these are win-win for daily use, recommended aslong as you can find it for a reasonable price then go for it :angel:

are they any good for track work? I've got a fn2 and I'm pretty interested in the mugen suspension.
Most other Japanese coilovers are way too stiff for daily driving

chargeR
24-07-2010, 10:16 AM
are they any good for track work? I've got a fn2 and I'm pretty interested in the mugen suspension.
Most other Japanese coilovers are way too stiff for daily driving

Any Type R/Type S stock suspension will work okay for track use, so the slightly stiffer and lower Mugen SS will probably work tops, most likely only with high grip tyres and increased skill level would you wish for more spring or different damping. For example in my DC5 I use Mugen N1 dampers with 14/28 rates for the track, but recently I put my stock suspension back in for a while and went to a couple of track days with a bit more camber on the front than stock and with just normal performance street tyres (Bridgestone RE001) and I thought the car handled very well. Obviously the car rolled around a lot more and peak grip levels were nowhere close to my track setup, but the handling and response were great. If I were tracking a Type R or Type S once in a blue moon and didn't care about dumping the car then the Mugen SS would be high on my list of suspension options.

muzukashi
24-07-2010, 07:42 PM
yeah what chargeR said the R was meant to be a performance/racing type of car so the stock sussy would've been fine already,

i haven't tracked the car since having the mugens on but i've tracked alot worst things then mugens are they were still bearable so these would be great for track :thumbsup:

hope that helps

Anthony38
25-07-2010, 09:47 PM
whats the ball park figure for the mugens? And where can u purchase them from?

jyh888
25-07-2010, 10:03 PM
whats the ball park figure for the mugens? And where can u purchase them from?

I would estimate approximate $2k mark, try www.tougedistrubution.com, awesome supplier for most brands :)