PDA

View Full Version : Wheel studd problem

g_kn
23-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok with the front driver side, the wheel stud came loose and the wheel nut is stuck onto the thread and spins along with the studd.
I managed to remove it by using a small drill bit and carefully drilling down the middle of the thread to free the wheel nut.

The real problem is when the new stud was inserted it spins freely as the hole is slightly a tad bigger now and the new stud doesnt sit as tight as the other 3.

Is it possible to buy replacement studs with a slightly bigger head to be a tight fit when put it or something similar but from a different car make/model?

Thanks

( Civic eg ) http://www.aeriostyle.com/pics/albums/userpics/10007/normal_100_0005.jpg
Example image

p3akin
23-07-2010, 11:29 PM
what car you you driving??

g_kn
23-07-2010, 11:50 PM
what car you you driving??

EG civic

g_kn
24-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Anyone?

Lukey
24-07-2010, 08:54 AM
did you buy a genuine wheel stud?

mocchi
24-07-2010, 09:19 AM
easiest fix is to get a new knuckle from parts for sale thread or wreckers.
finding a slightly bigger studs is a major pain, as most likely all honda has the same size.
if you're looking for studs from other make, then the thread pitch might be different (say 1.25, honda is 1.5mm)

if i was you i would get a second hand knuckle and make sure the bearing spins ok with no noise before buying.

markismaximus
24-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I tend to agree with mocchi. trying to find a wheelstud that's only slightly bigger isn't going to be easy.

whats more interesting is that it came loose in the first place. did you do anything out of the ordinary? tighten the shit out of the wheel nuts???

I had knuckles for sale off an EG but I have since given them to my brother. try finding some in a EG wrecking thread. good luck

Sir_vtec
24-07-2010, 11:49 AM
I have both pairs of front knuckles if you decide to change the whole knuckle, tell me which side u need. pm me

g_kn
24-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Found a workshop that stock replacement studs with bigger and longer grooves on the head, fits perfect.
Thanks for the help guys