PDA

View Full Version : headlights help

alphabeatsco
28-12-2004, 09:34 PM
one of my headlight is more dimmer than the other one..
it's defintely not the globe..cos i tried swapping it.
one of my headlight is old, and the other one is brand new...but i still dun think that could be da problem...
anyone have this problem as well?
i have seem many car on da road like that too...

Baopham
28-12-2004, 10:17 PM
my one is the same... but i kno exactly what the problem is... there are 3 wires that conenct to the headlight.. and one is not connected.. so double check that all 3 wires are connect to the back of the headlight.. open it up and check

civic__dd
28-12-2004, 10:28 PM
wouldnt the second wire be for the high beam? try having both globes out of the headlights and that will tell you if it is the connection/wireing is ok. you should be able to heave both headlights sitting in your engine bay....

Limbo
28-12-2004, 11:11 PM
try buying a new pair and putting both in. If you still have trouble then you've got a voltage drop somewhere and are gonna have to check wires to see that you are not dropping any voltage across any wires.

civiceg9
29-12-2004, 11:21 AM
improve your ground wires.

alphabeatsco
29-12-2004, 06:43 PM
voltage drop?
i have switched the brighter globe into the dimmer side..and it's same..so definetely not the globe...

how do i check for voltage drop?

bennjamin
29-12-2004, 11:51 PM
check your alternator too - possibly on its way out

alphabeatsco
30-12-2004, 10:01 AM
nonono..........
both headlights are bright..not as if very big difference..
it just that..from far away..u will tell the difference..
could it be because one headlight is old and the other is new? i checked the wires..they not lose..they all connected properly..

alphabeatsco
17-03-2005, 11:04 AM
anyone can help?
would adjusting the position of the headlights help?
or does anyone know where to get the JDM headlights?
so i'l change both and see how it goes..

MoonSha
17-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I think your actually seeing the leveling of your headlights, the one that shines to the right will seem dimmer when you look at it from far away as it's dipped so as to not blind oncoming traffic.

crxzzR
17-03-2005, 09:09 PM
They are the same..
the left one shines further up the rd because it is further away from driver....
right side shines on a shorter patch of the rd..

civtir
22-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Just installed new bulbs (bluevision) in my car.....same car as you alphabeatco.....and I am having the exact same problem.....my passenger side headlight is definitely dimmer than the driver side headlight......

Any-1 know how to fix this problem? Or is that how its meant to be?