PDA

View Full Version : how to replace the bulb of the hazard light switch

unicorn
24-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know how to take out the bulb of the hazard light switch of a dc2r?

Thanks

Bludger
26-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I have done it.

you must take the switch out of the fascia and disassemble the switch.

If you are handy with these things then you won't need instructions on how to do it. It will be self explanatory.

If you're not competent then don't bother cos you'll break it.

once you do one switch you pretty much know how to do all the switches ie. fog light switch, demister switch, hazard switch.

good luck.

carab
26-07-2010, 09:45 PM
you must take the switch out of the fascia and disassemble the switch.

Could you be more specific on taking out the switch? I've got the same problem with the demister light. I've seen an article on team-integra but it just says pull... any trick to getting it out?

unicorn
31-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I've finally figured out how to take out the light bulb. You just need a screw driver or some slim flat metal to help you to pull out the cover of the switch. After that, it is quite easy to take the whole switch out, then you can unplug the harness. The next step is to take out the bulb, on the switch there is a little green round part for holding the bulb (dun really know how to explain), at first I thought I can treat it like a screw and unscrew it but actually you just need to turn it left then right and it will come out after repeating a few times. To take out the bulb you have to unwire it.

Now I have another problem, I dunno where to get such a small bulb to replace it.

grifty
01-08-2010, 03:47 AM
Bursons, but i think they only sell em in 10 packs. If you do get it it will save u from making another trip out if another one of your globs blow.

carab
01-08-2010, 03:54 PM
got it! i just pulled the thing and it eventually yanked out. I came out second best tho, prob would be smart to use a screwdriver next time :S. The illumination globe itself just sits on the back, just pull, i assume the activity globe sits inside as u mentioned above. Called honda spares, replacement globe was $1.20, cant complain with that. Thanks!

Bludger
03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
glad you guys have gotten on top of the problem.

Demister had 2 globes (1 for on/off & 1 for when you turn on your lights)

Hazards only has 1 for when you turn on your lights.

All other swtiches are quite similar in design.