PDA

View Full Version : rego and insurance

viinnh
24-07-2010, 07:03 PM
hey guys i bought a civic eg that ran out of rego mid june 2010, now i wanna get it registered how much does it cost for 12 months rego ?

and another question, do you guys know any really really cheap insurance for and civic eg for 25 years +

dness
24-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I would go online and get some quotes from the various official insurance company websites. Don't think anyone else could give you a better answer.

Rego should cost similiar if not the same on the previous rego paper.

alanalan
24-07-2010, 09:29 PM
just car insurance? lols

viinnh
24-07-2010, 10:25 PM
na cause like the point of making this thread is cause everyone should have insurance right ? so if they could help me out i could get different prices from different companies and i can compare etc . all i know is JCI and NRMA lol

thanks

craigosrepz
24-07-2010, 10:32 PM
For my old eg turbo civic I was paying $49.95 per month 25+ for Full Comprehensive through my bank ANZ. Unsure of other insurance companies as I never checked.

For my Accord H22A I'm paying the about the same aswell through AAMI will have to check but I'm sure it was a little bit cheaper.

viinnh
24-07-2010, 10:45 PM
For my old eg turbo civic I was paying $49.95 per month 25+ for Full Comprehensive through my bank ANZ. Unsure of other insurance companies as I never checked.

For my Accord H22A I'm paying the about the same aswell through AAMI will have to check but I'm sure it was a little bit cheaper.

hey thanks man, what type of insurance is that? 2 way ?

dness
24-07-2010, 11:33 PM
na cause like the point of making this thread is cause everyone should have insurance right ? so if they could help me out i could get different prices from different companies and i can compare etc . all i know is JCI and NRMA lol

thanks

Yeah I know what you mean but prices will vary depending on suburb you live in (eg, whether it has high theft rates), drivers record, claim records etc. Just a heads up. You'll get more accurate prices than what others state and it's easy.

Other insurance companies just to name a few would be GIO, AAMI, CGU (owned by NRMA), ALLIANZ, JUST CAR, QBE, CommInsure (owned by Commonwealth Bank) & Shannons.

I personally would go with a larger insurance company (such as NRMA) because they just process everything faster. At the workshop, we deal with insurance companies almost on a daily basis and some of the smaller companies generally just take a long time processing everything but people are attracted to them because of the prices. So it really depends on what you're after.

viinnh
24-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah I know what you mean but prices will vary depending on suburb you live in (eg, whether it has high theft rates), drivers record, claim records etc. Just a heads up. You'll get more accurate prices than what others state and it's easy.

Other insurance companies just to name a few would be GIO, AAMI, CGU (owned by NRMA), ALLIANZ, JUST CAR, QBE, Comminsure (owned by Commonwealth Bank) & Shannons.

I personally would go with a larger insurance company because they just process everything faster. At the workshop, we deal with insurance companies almost on a daily basis and some of the smaller companies just take a long time processing everything but people are attracted to them because of the prices.

alright thanks heaps bro. hmm wonder is cabramatta high rates :S

espionage85
24-07-2010, 11:45 PM
blueslip, greenslip n rego set me back close to $1000 for 12 months,
better of getting a blueslip, as it will restart the rego date, if you dont get the blueslip your rego will commence from the date it expired. (you loose a months rego)
insurance went up to 30 year old now. so if you under 30 your paying the same as an 18 year old, which sux balls.

theres a place in Narellan, which pick the cheapest greenslip available, even cheaper than online..
saved me almost $100

viinnh
24-07-2010, 11:49 PM
blueslip, greenslip n rego set me back close to $1000 for 12 months,
better of getting a blueslip, as it will restart the rego date, if you dont get the blueslip your rego will commence from the date it expired. (you loose a months rego)
insurance went up to 30 year old now. so if you under 30 your paying the same as an 18 year old, which sux balls.

theres a place in Narellan, which pick the cheapest greenslip available, even cheaper than online..
saved me almost $100

hey man yeh i am getting a blue slip, thats for engine right ? and tis on my dads name hes 50+ LOL

which ones green slip again **** so many slips

espionage85
24-07-2010, 11:53 PM
blueslip is pretty much to say the car is roadworthy..
full inspection by a blueslip license holder.
if youve changed the engine you should register the new engine (blueslip/rta)

greenslip is compulsary third party insurance

viinnh
25-07-2010, 10:56 AM
blueslip is pretty much to say the car is roadworthy..
full inspection by a blueslip license holder.
if youve changed the engine you should register the new engine (blueslip/rta)

greenslip is compulsary third party insurance

ohh okay thanks i get it now.

eurogo
26-07-2010, 08:36 AM
best option on insurance is to grab a phone book n rng absolutely every insurance company in it. i had an ek civic- rims, suspension, exhaust, big stereo etc etc n i was paying 2100 a year with shannons. i now have a euro n im paying around 1800 a year with aami. just pays to shop around man, spend the time doing research n getting the best deal. theres a site called green slip king i think it is, go on there n they help u compare the various companies around. and im gonna take a wild guess and say that cabramatta would have higher insurance prices haha. good luck man

viinnh
26-07-2010, 09:07 AM
holy **** 2.1k for a civic

My sister has a euro only 1k mark. By just car

pablos8
26-07-2010, 11:28 AM
theres a website that shows all CTP prices for each company..

for insurance call around and get lots of quotes, but based on your age if your going to be sole driver/owner of the car then your better off just going third party from justcar, they're usually the cheapest for young drivers with unlimited modifications

if you want comprehensive, go on ur mummy or daddy's policy as a named driver and the premium will be susbstantially cheaper

eurogo
26-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Yea but was the civic was deamed highly modified so thats why it was so expensive to insure, plus with 2 prior loss of licence they were the only ones who'd cover me. My euro is around $1400, and dont forget im only 22 lol, and its insured and registerd in my name, not my folks haha