PDA

View Full Version : lost licence whilst on good ebhaviour, can i apply for anythingelse?

r3ckless
25-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, so i got done again whilst on good behaviour.

Got a question, because i drive so far for work etc, is tehre any way for em to be granted permission to drive to and from work only?

Anything like this? I have heard that some plp wh work with cars whilst on P's, can drive turbo charged cars within certain timeso f the day for wORK PURPOSES

MikeyG
25-07-2010, 03:06 PM
dude... they gave you a chance.. they will not give u anything anymore...

you gotta do your time and catch public transport

Tai
25-07-2010, 03:13 PM
LOL thats the point of the good behaviour period, so you don't do anything stupid again

You stuff that up its game over, cause you ahd your second chance

na-118
25-07-2010, 03:35 PM
turbo cars for p platers are for work expemtions and that are need to drive for example mechanics, i can only drive within 5km of test driving a turbocharged or supercharge vehicle

Vtecyo
25-07-2010, 04:02 PM
i think you can apply for a work licence dude. Depending on ur record and how bad u have been. I think a judge can grant you one.

bennjamin
25-07-2010, 04:11 PM
You got a chance , now you blew it . Judge will laugh at you and give you extra punishment IF you opt
to take it to court.
No chance mate, get used to public transport !

pablos8
25-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Always love bens comments to these lost license questions, always so true hahahahahaha

tRipitaka
25-07-2010, 04:51 PM
sell your car so you are not tempted to drive while suspended.

Mr_will
25-07-2010, 05:09 PM
i think you can apply for a work licence dude. Depending on ur record and how bad u have been. I think a judge can grant you one.

Incorrect.

In NSW there is no such thing as a work licence

dougie_504
25-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Get a bicycle and get real fit real fast

SpoonS
25-07-2010, 06:39 PM
If you loose your licence, are you still allowed to ride motorbikes? or does it apply to all vehicles?

Zilli
25-07-2010, 07:13 PM
if you lose you car license you lose your bike license or vice versa

Mr_will
25-07-2010, 07:14 PM
If you loose your licence, are you still allowed to ride motorbikes? or does it apply to all vehicles?

Nope, if you are disqualified from one, in NSW you are disqualified from both. Not sure about other states, but OP is in NSW.

r3ckless
26-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys. I was full cut bout it, but im actually gonna look forward to losing my licence. Going to leave my car up at Tweed Heads. Gonna live and work in Sydney in a couple months time. Might consider doign an engine conversion into an EG to pass time, but either way, im gonna ignore my dc5, except for pursuing the hunt for a jdm rear bar.

StrawberryFace
27-07-2010, 10:49 AM
mate try and get it, my brothers mate got done soo many times for driving with suspended license, driving turbo cars, speeding everything under the sun. He needed his license for work went too court shed a tear and he got it juss for work and back! what's there too loose.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-07-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't want to think about HOW you had the dexterity to lose your license during a good behaviour period...but thats just me

WATAJK
27-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Incorrect.

In NSW there is no such thing as a work licence

Bullshit. My ass there isn't.
Half you guys say there isn't because the RTA and VicRoads say there isn't...
Yes. you can get a work permit license BUT it is VERY difficult and VERY strict conditions.
2 blokes at our work have the permits as the family business has sent in letters deeming that we need them to be able to drive work vehicles etc...
Matters went to court of course, Judge granted the permits but they weren't on good behaviour prior.
They have loss there license for the 3 months period instead of good behaviour and also, when they do overtime, our business + them must notify VicRoads/RTA prior to them closing...

Cause you've failed good behaviour, i HIGHLY doubt you will get the permit....
Public Transport mate, i got 3 more months to go... I was going to try get the permit but it wasn't worth it as i get a ride with my old man every morning :)
By the way, i must add, if you get booked on the work permit, you get slapped another 6 months suspension, so in total your suspension will start again, 3 + 6 = 9 months or in your scenairo 6 + 6 = 12 months....
Don't break the conditions, you may think it's easy to get around but if you get caught, it's worse then getting a speed/red light ticket...

Be wise in what you choose but i'd suggest public transport mate if you can take it.

DCZ 18C
27-07-2010, 06:36 PM
if you participate in a safe driver coarse they may be a little more easy on you they hold these coarses every so often
try this link it may help
http://www.adrenalin.com.au/motorsport/defensive-driving/