PDA

View Full Version : how to disarm standard s2k alarm?

Eth
25-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi guys..

Tried using the remote earlier on to unlock the car and found that I left 1 of the dash lights on which has killed the batteries.

Remote does not work hence can't get into car to move for a jump. If I enter using the keys, I assume the alarm will go off as there's still the blinking light on.

Anyone knows how to disarm the alarm manually? Just in case when I key into the car it happens. (quite neighbourhood, might get reported for breaking in -_-)

Cheers

aaronng
25-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Have you tried unlocking the door using the key? For some Hondas, that will disarm the alarm.

Si1enzio
25-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I dont think S2000 had a standard alarm, only came with immobiliser.
Correct me if im wrong ladies...

euromandeluxe
25-07-2010, 07:34 PM
I dont think S2000 had a standard alarm, only came with immobiliser.

correct, S2000 didn't come with an alarm from factory - there was a dealer fitted alarm option though.

i don't recall seeing a blinking light in my cabin when there wasn't an alarm, so your car might have a dealer fitted or aftermarket alarm or otherwise? If so, you might need the remote.

why doesn't your remote work?

revolution
25-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Since you have an AP2, mine has one from factory aswell. Just unlock using the key. I have disconnected my battery before for storage and used key to open. Nothing went off.

euromandeluxe
25-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Since you have an AP2, mine has one from factory aswell. Just unlock using the key. I have disconnected my battery before for storage and used key to open. Nothing went off.

so the 04+ cars have factory alarms?

revolution
25-07-2010, 09:24 PM
so the 04+ cars have factory alarms?

Seen a few AP2's with factory alarms. So I am presuming so. I bought my car brand new and didn't option for it.

Eth
25-07-2010, 09:50 PM

even with the alarm lights blinking indicating armed? I might just try that after work tomorrow. Thanks

revolution
26-07-2010, 08:10 AM
even with the alarm lights blinking indicating armed? I might just try that after work tomorrow. Thanks

Since it is still blinking then the alarm is still armed. I have many times opened the door with the key and not the remote. It opens and disarms without issue. However if you have the top down and try to unlock manually by sticking your arm inside to open the door while car is armed then it goes off obviously.

Don't see any other way for you to open the door other than using the key. Give it a go, I'm sure no one even bothers to call the police when car alarms go off.

jbird
26-07-2010, 11:50 AM
cant you jsut pop the bonnet, find the siren then use taht keyboard locking key to turn the siren off?

farther more, buy new batteries for your remote/jump start the car?

EP_KING
26-07-2010, 04:09 PM
My S2K also came with an alarm. You can use the key to unlock the car, and if the alarm goes off, open the bonnet and you will see a little black box on the driver side. On top of the black box there is a little plastic cover where you can remove it and you will see a slot for your alarm key. You can use the alarm key and turn it off. It wont turn the alarm off, however it will turn the siren off.

VeYzZii
26-07-2010, 10:05 PM
If you open using the key, the alarm disarms..