PDA

View Full Version : windscreen washer

curtis265
25-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi guys, my EG's windscreen washers are no good.

They have just enough power to almost make it to the windshield...

Anyone know why? I can't find a blockage anywhere, and there's plenty of water in the tank

edit: same goes for the rear one too, no love coming out of it

JohnnyJohnJohn
26-07-2010, 12:08 AM
if u cant find a blockage then it may be the pump on the water container on its way out?

markismaximus
26-07-2010, 07:22 AM
have you checked the actual jets that snap into your bonnet? these can often get blocked. Check all plastic fittings too, like joiners and splitters in the pipe.

I had low pressure on my ED and turned out the splitter piece was slightly cracked, so leaking water when washers were activated

curtis265
31-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah i've poked a pin into t hem but i don't know if that'll help... or just push the sheet in further :(

poopy EG.

markismaximus
31-07-2010, 09:10 AM
if you have an air compressor remove the jet completely and blow compressed air into the bonnet side of the jet

kcokla
01-08-2010, 11:08 PM
maybe unrelated - or related
if you goto a wreck and get the jazz squirter parts, (part that sits on the bottom) instead of spraying like a single jet, they spray in a convex like shape to cover the entire windscreen may be useful for you !

markismaximus
02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
maybe unrelated - or related
if you goto a wreck and get the jazz squirter parts, (part that sits on the bottom) instead of spraying like a single jet, they spray in a convex like shape to cover the entire windscreen may be useful for you !

sweet. I wonder if they will fit in an ED bonnet. May check it out next time I'm at the wreckers

curtis265
02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
ah that's a good idea, i have those things on my FD too, they're awesome! Thanks for the idea.

Turns out my nozzles were clogged, and poking with a needle didn't do much... I now have one jetstream shotting all the wya to the end of my windshield, and the rest dribbling. The rear one still doesn't do anything either..

mowells.

aznstyler
05-08-2010, 11:02 PM
If you have a air compressor, pop open your bonnet, look for hoses on your right, and use the air compressor and blow the hoses. i do this to mine, everytime my washer jets get blocked, its alot easier than using a pin

Giraffe
05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
If you have a air compressor, pop open your bonnet, look for hoses on your right, and use the air compressor and blow the hoses. i do this to mine, everytime my washer jets get blocked, its alot easier than using a pin

thanks, aznstyler. repped, much easier than using a pin

aznstyler
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
but i guess if you dont have an air compressor you could always go to local petrol station and use there tyre pump. use the older tyre pump's the hand controlled ones not the auto one

cool
05-08-2010, 11:39 PM
i will be doing this to my civic
cheers aznstyler

sexy_shazam
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone
Thought i would bump an old thread instead of making a new one.

Today i realised my eke civic rear windscreen doesn't work the pump comes on but no water. I could see though water was under the car meaning there is a leak but i can't seem to figure out how to fix this leak? i think its a loose pipe as it only leaks when i turn the rear on.

For some reason the right front washer also now trickles water out. The left sprays fine but the right doesn't could this be because it randomly got blocked in 24 hours or because of the tipe of water i used?

thanks