PDA

View Full Version : Passenger window won't go up! It's not the LOCK SWITCH

KonnecXion
26-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Arghh... the window is playing up again! I went driving and put the passenger window down with using the driver controls. When I parked I wanted to put the windows all back up. Drivers side went up well but passenger side STAYED DOWN. I checked the safety lock switch and it's NOT that. I tried both the passenger side and drivers side switch for the passenger window and all I hear is a click under the passenger dash everytime I press the switch to go up. I have heard that there is a module underneath but I want to know if its really that which has gone bad.

My passenger window is left open now and I can't close it at all. Please note, my convertible top works perfectly fine.

dciisir
26-07-2010, 03:38 PM
A bit hard to diagnose this. If you are confident enough, you can open the passenger door and take a look inside. If you can hear a click when you hit the switch, chances are it is not electrical but rather mechanical.

Just go to a place like autobarn. They do central locking and I think they can fix power windows as well.

3AM
26-07-2010, 03:41 PM
i would not trust autobarn with my s2k.
take it to an auto electrician.

jooboo
26-07-2010, 07:48 PM
my passanger window wouldnt go down...power window motor died...

KonnecXion
28-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
I found out what it was.
The switch for the power windows for the passenger on the drivers side was broken and left the switch open for the window to go down.
So no matter which switch you press, it won't go up because the switch was stuck opening the window

Bah, only found out after opening the rocker switch of the main control unit.

Thanks for the input anyway guys!

ludecrs
31-07-2010, 12:11 AM
$50.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-S2000-DRIVERS-SIDE-WINDOW-SWITCH-/260641132412?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3caf6c0f7c

KonnecXion
31-07-2010, 04:19 PM
$50.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-S2000-DRIVERS-SIDE-WINDOW-SWITCH-/260641132412?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3caf6c0f7c

Thanks man, I saw that link already. Will get it :D