PDA

View Full Version : spray paint my rims black?

Bulbasaur
26-07-2010, 09:01 PM
well i cant afford proper rims and i was thinking of spray painting them since they kind of have the shape of the rims i want :]. my car looks like this
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/1994clint/DSC00499.jpg
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/1994clint/DSC00498.jpg

rims look like these (white car is not mine)
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/1994clint/DSC_0055.jpg

future mods to my car:
black front lip
black sideskirts (just going to paint bit under door)
type r wing if i get my hands on a cheap one :P (maybe painting black not sure yet, tell me what you think)
black coloured bonnet
future maybe list:
front jdm style eyes using tint stuff
small cannon exhaust (not big, just abit bigger xD)

i know it sounds like rice but i like that style. tell me what you think and give me some ideas if you got any

white_ep3_civic
26-07-2010, 09:32 PM
U can make rims look so much different just by painting them. I say do it. Would look nice. You can always change the color anyway if you dont want them black

dness
26-07-2010, 09:36 PM
agree with above. go for it!

mocchi
26-07-2010, 09:45 PM
bulbasaur green/blue would look rad.

dusAn
26-07-2010, 09:46 PM
yeah go black, even leave a silver lip or something. would look nice if you lower it aswell ;)

Lukey
26-07-2010, 09:53 PM
hey buddy there is a couple of diy's on the forums about spraying ya rims! have a search and you should find em.

tinymoon
26-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Do it, I did it to my last two cars. It not gonna be a professional painting but it is so much fun to re-spray rims and first of all it is your masterpiece lol

MWAKU
26-07-2010, 10:10 PM
LMFAO at the end of the day your wheels are still goin to look shit no offense. painting em isn't going to change the fact that they still are ugly mags, they kinda even look like hub caps. they only thing painting it black will do is, at night, ppl wont see what rims you have unless they're close

my opinion therefore is no, leave it as it is, just dump the car, will make a huge difference

Bulbasaur
26-07-2010, 11:40 PM
alright guys ima spray them black. when it gets sunny xD
those ppl suggesting i spray it another colour? no! :] black is the best

cihanvtec
27-07-2010, 12:43 AM
becareful when you do it! make sure you sand and primer it properly! i did mine a few months back, turned out really good, but i rushed the sanding and its started to chip/peel.
matte black imo will look awsome xD if possible leave them to dry for about a week before putting them back on the car coz it takes long for it to dry nicely in winter!lol

also keep in mind that when u go to get new tires, they're going to scratch and chip the rims paint when removing the old tyre! i had to get my rim rerolled coz i hit a pot hole and they completely ruined the paint on my rims, ill probably respray them soon though. also, i heard engine paint is more durable compared to rim paint.. but i dono how true that is.

goodluck with it mate, take ur time :D