PDA

View Full Version : Injen CAI vs AEM CAI on DC5R - Any Difference??

Nuci
27-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey all,

Up until about 15 minutes ago i had my heart set on the Injen CAI for my DC5R. However ive just become aware of another brand of CAI, AEM, which i can get at a very good price :eek:

So now im back at square 1. Does anyone here have the AEM CAI on their DC5R? Is it comparable to the Injen? I was under the impression that basically a CAI is a CAI, regardless of brand, as long as it fits well.

Any insight would be great. Cheers.

mitch_f1
27-07-2010, 09:42 PM
For my MX5 I did a direct comparison on a Dyno day; the stock air box with a foam filter, and then an Apexi super intake pod filter. There was literally a 1kw difference. So in my opinion if you can get a similar thing at a cheaper price, that would be the better option, as you can then spend the money elsewhere on something that will make more of a difference. Just my opinion, and findings though.

Nuci
28-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Im looking at the intake arm itself, not the filter

89lude
28-07-2010, 11:49 AM
difference shouldnt be much.

im not sure about k20 but the b-series cai. injen and aem are pretty much the same thing

integra11
30-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey nuci i was in the same boat as you and couldn't decide but i ended up chosing the injen cai cos i think from memory the injen cai is a little bigger in its piping diameter and hence the reason why i chose it. Well worth the money!! Check the websites and send emails to both manufacturers to find out.

18dim
01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
As long as you arent comparing an Injen cold air intake, with the AEM Short ram intake.
theres a massive difference there..

if you are comparing both cold air intakes, i dont think there will be much difference.
both are pipes, with filters, and are both positioned behind the front left of the front bar.
the only apparent difference, will be that the injen has a rubber elbow joint that connects to the throttle body, (which will make fitment a bit easier), whereas the AEM has a solid bend in the pipe.

i personally have an injen, and im very happy with it.
one of my mates has a Fujita (slightly cheaper alternative), and its pretty much identical..

Nuci
02-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I ended up getting the AEM, you were right about no rubber elbow making fitment hard. Jesus. But all in all im happy with it. Not as loud as the SRI i had before, but it pulls a bit harder now. Definately recommend CAI for the DC5R.