PDA

View Full Version : Muffler sound once introuducing a catback

Chapman2233
27-07-2010, 04:41 PM
TO put it basic i have a 91 honda prelude with a stock exhaust except a rear muffler, the rear muffler i have i like the sound of, if i put a catback on (2" piping) will this change the sound or just make it louder?
Trying to get my car heaps loud.

Thanks.

pablos8
27-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Why do you want to make your car "heaps" loud....
You'll look like a tool and draw more popo attention... and it'll be all show no go.

It does make it louder but it can also change the tone of your exhaust.. usually for the better.

And if you want to be really loud... just go straight pipe and its really cheap to go straight pipe as well.

im.Kusuma
27-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Why do you want to make your car "heaps" loud....
You'll look like a tool and draw more popo attention... and it'll be all show no go.

It does make it louder but it can also change the tone of your exhaust.. usually for the better.

And if you want to be really loud... just go straight pipe and its really cheap to go straight pipe as well.

And it will be loud! :) loud enough to get cops attention from 2 streets away

na-118
28-07-2010, 12:14 AM
just pull your cat converter out and smash the guts of it in side for a deep roar

mugen_ctr
28-07-2010, 12:35 AM
jus go 4 str8 through exhaust.... get some pipes, an bends, weld it all up an ur done, lol, loudest you'll ever go....
in honest truth, dont b a dick an get a loud as hetik exhaust, be sensible and get a proper cat-back..... with resonators, mufflers etc.... last thing u want is a defect notice

pablos8
28-07-2010, 05:04 AM
just pull your cat converter out and smash the guts of it in side for a deep roar

Hahahahahahahahaha

nickk
02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Smash that honeycomb... just never let kids stand behind your car while its running lololol.

Spend the cash and get a varex muffler so you can adjust how loud your car is like a headunit haha.
Seriously but.. headers and a straight pipe from a highflow cat to the varex on the rear.

Everyone with be doing the full frothies... esp. when you turn it up and down with a remote

dness
02-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Came across a car that naturally broke it's honeycomb (not a Honda). Didn't sound too bad to be honest. LOL

ekay1
02-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Your going to grab too much attention..... Why not go for a performance exhaust?

V73C
03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Just run open headers. Thats loud right ?

mnc
04-08-2010, 08:35 PM
your car will smell a lot without a cat lols