PDA

View Full Version : Honda CVT Transmission Fluid

beaugus
28-07-2010, 03:27 PM
If anyone is interested in obtaining Genuine Honda CVT transmission fluid for their Honda Jazz (01-07) or Civic Hybrid (06-Current) I've got surplus stock from my workshop coming up for sale on eBay later tonight. Honda Australia usually don't stock the fluid by the 1 litre bottles as they source the fluid by drums for their dealerships.

This is a great opportunity for people to obtain the genuine CVT specification fluid in smaller quantities which is ideal if you have your Honda serviced at an independent workshop.

If your experiencing troubles with your CVT equipped Jazz or Civic Hybrid, changing the transmission fluid is usually the first step in resolving issues such as shuddering or surging.

Thanks.

threesix
03-08-2010, 09:31 AM
pm me.

anjin
03-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Just for more info, REDLINE has developed a CVT fluid as well. Using it on my HRV at the moment, after having the original cvt start up clutch replaced and then having the oem fluid replaced at three consecutive services. So far so good.

Its good to be able to get the oem like this as well.

bennjamin
04-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Please use ONLY genuine Honda CVT fluid.

Any other fluid can void warranties and reduce the life And or operations of the transmission.

anjin
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Bennjamin

The problem was every service the oem fluid was brown and needed replacing, and I am well past warranties with a 2000 regoed HRV. I went to redline for a better gearbox fluid for my gen 1 track car; mentioned the cvt problem, and they told me that a cvt fluid had been developed and would be available in a month or so. So I decided to try it. Honda certainly had no ideas beyond replacing it every service, and lining me up for a replacement clutch pack again when it got too bad. In those circumstances its worth the expense to try redline. So far so good - still looking good after two services and haven't had to touch the cvt.