PDA

View Full Version : Burning HELLA RICH????

kevibumz
28-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi guys,

i have an ej8 with a jdm b16a engine.
i know it's normal to get a bit of black smoke come out of the tail when u give it a bit of a push but it appears mine gives a bit more than "a bit"
heres my problemo

when the cars cold and i let it idle to warm up a bit of black oil or something spits out. i revved it a few times and more came out, and was all over the pavement. after a few minutes the oil stops spurting out as much and goes back to normal. i know its running a bit rich because i get a bit of smoke clinging on to the rear bumper. but im REALLY sure this aint normal.

so what can i do about it. can you ladies and gents shed some light on my problem and pass on any solutions that you may have.

cheers

KEV

mnc
28-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Have a friend drive the car at wot. And you stand form behind and see what smoke colour comes out.

After you have a smoke colour you can narrow it down to what symptom the car has. "If" there is any smoke

Lukey
28-07-2010, 07:30 PM
if its cold it will be condensation and carbon from in the zorst blowing onto the ground

tiksie
28-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Happened in my eg with jdm b16.

i changed the o2 sensor and that fixed it.

teh_mechanic
30-07-2010, 06:57 PM
yep sounds like something is causing it to run rich. too many options though, you need someone who know what they are doing to look at it, not just guessing on here

kevibumz
04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
yeah.cheers or all ur help guys.