PDA

View Full Version : OEM style boot lid spoiler

YLDS2K
28-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Well guys i have just bought an aftermarket OEM style boot lid for my S and it arrived yesterday. Now, it looks quite good and has come painted in silverstone which is what i requested and wanted, although i do need some help having this fitted as i am not comfortable drilling the boot. I am asking for a favour of anyone who has done this before and could offer me some assistance. I have the screws that came with it and basically just need some1 to measure up and drill the holes in the right place. TBH i dont have the balls to get a drill near my car and i was quoted some stupid bloody prices to have this fitted.

I called Honda today and they said they might be able to fit it although want to see it first which i might do in the next couple of days. I prefer to go to Honda but if anyone is confident and would like some extra cash for the install i am more then happy to have someone do this for me of here.

im located in the west of melb

Let me know guys

Thanks

tamay_s2k
28-07-2010, 05:36 PM
my mate jus did his 2 weeks ago with a spoiler he brought off ebay
oem style aswell
he went straight 2 a panel beater n they did it in like half n hour
look around for qoutes man
it worse comes 2 worse. go 2 honda
but have a look around on prices. cant afford 2 get ripped off these days

YLDS2K
28-07-2010, 05:38 PM
yeah i spoke to a panel shop near my place and i know there are heaps more, and he quoted me between $300 to $400 just to blow over the paint to get a closer match to color of the boot lid and fit it. Honda would not give me a price till i took the car to them

tamay_s2k
28-07-2010, 05:41 PM
thats ******
ill find out wat my mate got qouted n let u no
wat city u in?

blackouT
28-07-2010, 05:42 PM
dont mind me asking where u bought the spoiler from cause im currently also looking for one

YLDS2K
28-07-2010, 05:45 PM
i bought mine off e-bay i'll pm you the link now...i am located in melbourne, i have since updated my original post

KonnecXion
29-07-2010, 10:09 AM
i bought mine off e-bay i'll pm you the link now...i am located in melbourne, i have since updated my original post

Can't wait to see how it turns out man, let me know if you can drop by. would love to check it out. I'm interested at getting a cf diffuser and a cf wing on ebay as well. let me know if ya got freetime

YLDS2K
29-07-2010, 12:51 PM
yeah that'll be cool, i have spoken to a mate who is going to color match it a little better for me then how it came which should be done in the next couple of days. What area r u from?

YLDS2K
30-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Ok the update on this atm is that i have spoken to a mate who installs air con's and he tell ms he has some industrial strength, dont ask me what grade or brand it is, i have no idea yet. He's going to get me some soon from his work and i'll combine that with a few dabs os Sikaflex which is a silicone based adhesive which is niot harmful to the paint as most panel shops use this attach moulds and accessories. I'll take some photos of the ending result and see what you guys think

blackouT
06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
+1 for photos :D im abt to buy one also!

doosra
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
hey guys.. have any of you's had experience with using 3M tape to stick on the spoiler.. ? any issues with this.. ?

ludecrs
11-08-2010, 01:02 PM
hey guys.. have any of you's had experience with using 3M tape to stick on the spoiler.. ? any issues with this.. ?

Same thread is on S2Ki.com. Link is below:
XOZ, a local has done this with no issues. (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=805866)