PDA

View Full Version : Roof/Front windscreen trim & rubber repair?

tanalasta
28-07-2010, 10:58 PM
My car was recently repaired following hail damage and I noticed after I got home that the rubber room trim (black plastic and rubber) that runs down the side of the roof and sides of the front windscreen is loose. i.e. There is a big gap between the rubber and the windscreen itself.

With a torch, I can see that there are plastic clips that attach to the plastic trim that are snapped and not replaced.

Questions:
1. How easy & costly is this to fix? I hope they've only snapped the clips and not the brackets.
2. Will my car leak where there is a gap between the rubber and side of the windscreen??

felixd
28-07-2010, 11:01 PM
hmm take it back to the workshop that did ur car ?

tanalasta
28-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, of course I will... but in the meantime I need to know whether my car will leak ... it's parked in the open carpark at work.

And whether I should just fix it myself at my cost as the repairer I went to is a bit sloppy with long turnaround times.

ROBERT
29-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Spray some water over the screen with a hose pipe to check for leakage.

If it does leak then a little silastic sealent will fix it untill the proper repair can be done.

Euro1011
29-07-2010, 02:31 PM
My car was recently repaired following hail damage and I noticed after I got home that the rubber room trim (black plastic and rubber) that runs down the side of the roof and sides of the front windscreen is loose. i.e. There is a big gap between the rubber and the windscreen itself.

With a torch, I can see that there are plastic clips that attach to the plastic trim that are snapped and not replaced.

Questions:
1. How easy & costly is this to fix? I hope they've only snapped the clips and not the brackets.
2. Will my car leak where there is a gap between the rubber and side of the windscreen??

How badly damaged was your car where did you get it done? I had the bonnet, roof and boot replaced and other dents fixed. Panel beater even resprayed the bumper so that the new paint will match.

edras
13-08-2010, 08:28 AM
how much did it cost you for bonnet, roof and boot replaced and other dents fixed?
I mean panel beater cost (not insurance excess)

& where please.
I need to fix my CU2. I'm in Perth.

Euro1011
13-08-2010, 09:49 AM
how much did it cost you for bonnet, roof and boot replaced and other dents fixed?
I mean panel beater cost (not insurance excess)

& where please.
I need to fix my CU2. I'm in Perth.

I didn't actually ask for the exact amount from the panel beater but I'm guessing in could be approximately $5k. Although I have been told that it could cost up to $10k as the roof needs cutting and then the interior trim taken off. It's all labour.
If you need it done quick, best you order the bonnet or roof or any panels from Honda soon as I had to wait 3 weeks for the roof to come from Japan because Honda had no stock.

Got mine done at K&L Smash Repairs, 17 Irvine St, Bayswater. 93703771. Ask for Bryn.

edras
13-08-2010, 09:43 PM
thanks. i have the sunroof so it may be pricey.
I'm not in a rush to get it fixed though. I'm going to wait till they are less busy.
some panel beaters have a 2 months queue at least.
then i'll probably get a better price.