PDA

View Full Version : Report a Bad Post ?

Civic Type R
29-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Im just curious, does this little triangular function work ?

If someone reports a bad post, what happens to their concern and who reads it ?

and also, for those members who are banned, what priveledges do they have ? Are they able to read the forum topics or not ? Can they access their PM's ?

toE
30-12-2004, 12:01 AM
This is my understanding.

When a user reports a bad post, an email is sent to all the moderators and the Admin himself. And whoeva reads it first will take any necessary action.

And for those users who have been banned, they cannot access their account period! They will not be able to browse the forums under their nick/account, will not receive any notification of emails for receiving a Private Message (if user chose to enable this), etc. ie. No Privileges.

Hope this clears up any doubt. :)

bennjamin
30-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Im just curious, does this little triangular function work ?

Yes.

If someone reports a bad post, what happens to their concern and who reads it ?

The "bad post" goes direct to a Mod here at Ozhonda. We recieve it as a message, and take appropiate action towards your concern.

and also, for those members who are banned, what priveledges do they have ? Are they able to read the forum topics or not ? Can they access their PM's ?

Since ive never been banned myself :) as a Mod i assume that any banned member simply cannot sign in until their username is cleared of the ban ( whether it be 1 week, 1 month or forever etc ) . They as a banned member cannot access private messages etc. They can however , read the forum as per a guest can. This means it is not wise to post up anything negative or bias about this person yes ? *negative posts against any person make youself liable to prosecution including nasty lawsuits so DONT say bad things about anyone ! *

We await for the Admin himself to tell the rules as they are :)

vti-2
30-12-2004, 09:30 AM
As above...

:thumbsup:

civ_sik
30-12-2004, 09:35 PM
another question... if someone got banned cant they just make another user name and return anyway?

KB
30-12-2004, 09:44 PM
yes

ECU-MAN
30-12-2004, 10:50 PM
and then we ban him/her as well,

we have ways of detecting such actions. but there always is the BUT word

Civic Type R
31-12-2004, 12:12 AM
*negative posts against any person make youself liable to prosecution including nasty lawsuits so DONT say bad things about anyone ! * lol !

Thats exactly right Ben !
I can go to town with a thread directed at me last week ;)

bennjamin
31-12-2004, 01:05 AM
lol !

Thats exactly right Ben !
I can go to town with a thread directed at me last week ;)

True true....keep it on record for your future by all means. But then again what goes around , comes around - perhaps its best to be the more mature one and "turn the other cheek" so to speak. Besides, it is only teh intranet lol.

wynode
03-01-2005, 04:32 PM
I think you guys have summed it up pretty good :)

Report post = Email to the moderators

Banned user = The user can login to the forum but after that he/she will not be able to view ANY forums or even check their PMs. They may send feedback via the feedback link and it will show them as being online, however they cannot even read what guests can read on the forums. Apart from that, they have the same access level that a guest has (provided they are not logged in).

Hope that helps :)

But yes.......the report post DOES work!

Civic Type R
04-01-2005, 01:56 AM
yay ! :)

vtc
05-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Well we have established that this report a post does work but what about moderators? Do they work? I see some pretty harsh exchanges going on lately and you guys should of stepped into to stop it before it went on for ages. bad for the forum really. Like the Integra Type T thread. 7 pages and you guys really havent stepped in. No one really takes you guys serious so guys might want to start doing something to clean it up abit..

Just a suggestion.

vti-2
05-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Well we have established that this report a post does work but what about moderators? Do they work? I see some pretty harsh exchanges going on lately and you guys should of stepped into to stop it before it went on for ages. bad for the forum really. Like the Integra Type T thread. 7 pages and you guys really havent stepped in. No one really takes you guys serious so guys might want to start doing something to clean it up abit..

Just a suggestion.I've been following that thread closely and was very disappointed with the posts some of our members put up. It has since been locked. Please read my reply.

I can't stress enough, that if you as a member see anything that goes against the Terms and Conditions of Ozhonda, or see any negative posts, to report them using the report tool. Alternatively, you can send one or more of the moderators a direct email or PM. We prefer you use the "Report a bad post" tool though as that means we all get to see the post/thread in question.

regards.

tinkerbell
05-01-2005, 11:26 AM
and maybe mods could add a line to your sig blocks:

"if you see a bad post - please report it me by clicking on the http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif "

wynode
05-01-2005, 03:29 PM
and maybe mods could add a line to your sig blocks:

"if you see a bad post - please report it me by clicking on the http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif "
Good idea! :)

vtc: If you saw such a thread, you should have reported it. Moderators don't have time to check every single post/thread and I think they do an awesome job thus far.

vtc
05-01-2005, 03:35 PM
wyode i said it because moderators were actually posting in the thread as well.. its not like it was unknown. Just didnt do anything.

Civic Type R
05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
wyode i said it because moderators were actually posting in the thread as well.. its not like it was unknown. Just didnt do anything.Win, he has a point there.

*me runs and hides from the mods*

...:)

vti-2
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM
wyode i said it because moderators were actually posting in the thread as well.. its not like it was unknown. Just didnt do anything.
Mate, without being rude, what the hell are you talking about?

EK9
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
:(
wyode i said it because moderators were actually posting in the thread as well.. its not like it was unknown. Just didnt do anything.wot were u expecting the mods to do?

the mods were simply participating in the discussion as well, they are forumers themselves too. but the mods can't go around and lock threads prematurely or police every thread on this site... vic locked the thread eventually cos it started to get out of hand.

vtc
05-01-2005, 11:34 PM
No im not saying you guys should be on top of evrything all the time. Vti-2 did step in but clearly when he did at that time it was obvious the thread was getting out of hand. That was on page 3 (i think). No one really took notice of him. Just suggesting that you guys should issue more warnings or something to slowly clean up the place abit thats all.

vti-2
06-01-2005, 07:43 AM
No im not saying you guys should be on top of evrything all the time. Vti-2 did step in but clearly when he did at that time it was obvious the thread was getting out of hand. That was on page 3 (i think). No one really took notice of him. Just suggesting that you guys should issue more warnings or something to slowly clean up the place abit thats all.
This forum is fine with the exception of a few idiots that come on here and cause trouble. I think the Moderator team are doing a great job. Take it easy mate. :thumbsup:

ECU-MAN
06-01-2005, 08:16 AM
alot of users get PM warnings, so you dont get to see them.

Civic Type R
06-01-2005, 03:10 PM
The thread got out of hand because there were a few idiots (i agree with you Vic) that do like to argue and bitch to prove a point. What annoyed me was that this guy, Integra Type T, honestly was informed he bought a Type R - not being an experienced Honda owner and just wanted to be nice and show us his new pride n joy.
Now I again will say i know that car better than anyone on here and i now know it has had lots of more work done to it since i last saw it. It had a AVO WRX turbo kit on it and i believe a T3/4 hybrid and now something else. I do sense a bit of jelousy from other members here regarding his car but i will defend Mr Intagra Type R's car because it ripped my car a new asshole when i played with it. Its fukn quick.

Now back to the Mods, I believe there should be a time when a thread should be left open for some feedback, even tho voices are raised. It is the mods responsibility to deal with any thread once it breeches the forum terms and conditions. That is exactly what they did.

cheers :)

Chi
06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Regarding that dc2-T thread.

I personally dont think people were snapping at Integra Type Ts car, just towards his attitude.

I mean if he said his car was a dc2r turbo in a more toned down manner, instead of saying chop down skyline bitches or I have more buttons that NASA people might of approached him more nicely.

Now I'm not saying its all of Integra Type Ts fault, but he also had a hand in it too.

No one said his car was slow or the fact even shit.

They were just 'trying' to let him know it was a dc2r, but his stubborn attitude got teh better of him and the fact he even said he knew nothing abotu his car and still bragged on about it like it was the fastest if not one of the fastest Integras in Australia got on some peoples nerves.

I know myself and the others should of been more nicer, but usually when u bring an attitude to these forums, the forumers usually bite back with the same attitude.

I'll apologise for myself and on behalf of the others to the mods and Integra Type T for the trouble.

tinkerbell
06-01-2005, 04:11 PM

I personally dont think people were snapping at Integra Type Ts car, just towards his attitude.

hit the nail on the head right there...

vti-2
07-01-2005, 02:44 PM

I mean if he said his car was a dc2r turbo in a more toned down manner, instead of saying chop down skyline bitches or I have more buttons that NASA people might of approached him more nicely.

Now I'm not saying its all of Integra Type Ts fault, but he also had a hand in it too.

No one said his car was slow or the fact even shit.

They were just 'trying' to let him know it was a dc2r, but his stubborn attitude got teh better of him and the fact he even said he knew nothing abotu his car and still bragged on about it like it was the fastest if not one of the fastest Integras in Australia got on some peoples nerves.

I know myself and the others should of been more nicer, but usually when u bring an attitude to these forums, the forumers usually bite back with the same attitude.

I'll apologise for myself and on behalf of the others to the mods and Integra Type T for the trouble.
Let's just leave that alone as this thread was not created to complain about that particular thread.

If you want to have a whinge about that thread on Integra Type T's car, send me a PM or email.

tinkerbell
07-01-2005, 04:01 PM
i think the record is just being set straight ;)

wynode
10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
You can still use the report post thread if you find the thread either offensive or getting sidetracked :)

Civic Type R
13-01-2005, 03:29 PM
OK now i have reason to reopen this discussion.
Last month i asked the question if a banned member can access the forums and / or become a new member and act as an alias.

It seems i have found proof of this. Yesterday, it was brought to my attention that a banned member (who continually posted personal abuse towards me) still was able to resign in and continue his petty abuse. Eventually ECU-MAN banned him again but i raise the original question again. If a member is banned, how can they again create a new username and continue using these forums as an Alias ?

vtc
13-01-2005, 03:43 PM
well im not a mod but if they create a new account then there really is no way to check if they are a banned user unless they use the same email address. I dont know if there are tools that warm moderators about this sort of thing. If you find they they have made a new account just ban them again i guess. Theres a time limit on these bans arent there or just indefinate?

Ps. I dont quite understand what you are saying Civic Type-R, maybe you should post a picture of your car to make it clearer. Hahah just having a go at you. :)

tinkerbell
13-01-2005, 04:22 PM
banning IP's is the way to go, but some dial-ups have dynamic IP adresses :(

bennjamin
13-01-2005, 05:46 PM
banning IP's is the way to go, but some dial-ups have dynamic IP adresses :( so do most ADSL ips too - everytime you log on its a different IP ?!?

EK9
14-01-2005, 12:41 AM
*dont give the people ideas lol ! *

Civic Type R
14-01-2005, 11:32 AM
I know and thats the problem Ben :(

zco
14-01-2005, 11:33 AM
what is classified as a bad post?

Civic Type R
14-01-2005, 11:57 AM
what is classified as a bad post?this :!:

lol j/k mate.

a post that breeches the forum rules and or one that is either offensive, contains abusive personal nature and or argumentive etc..

wynode
15-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Baning an IP is the only/best way.........but not everyone is on cable :)