PDA

View Full Version : How much do you guys pay for Insurance?

japa_VTEC
29-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious. How much do you guys pay for insurance? I've been looking around and I've been quoted around $3000 (comprehensive obviously) almost everytime :S it just seems wayyy too much

i'm 18 (will be on green P's soon) and looking at getting either a manual eg civic hatchback or a dc2

*sorry about title, sleepy. i meant INSURANCE not rego

markismaximus
29-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I presume you are talking about insurance not rego?

japa_VTEC
also, maybe some suggestions for good alternatives?

cheers

japa_VTEC
lol yes insurance sorry

*changing now*

Limbo
29-07-2010, 02:55 PM
i think you've just explained your answer.

You are 18, and on P's
it doesn't get cheaper unless your over 25.
Just rem some cars also show up as sports models and the insurance goes up i.e integras

markismaximus
29-07-2010, 02:58 PM
there have been previous threads similar to this, just search

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?136065-EG-B16A-Insurance!!-*found*

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?searchid=318488

Zilli
29-07-2010, 03:05 PM
i have changed the title of your thread. As above, this has been run through MANY times on this site.

The reality is the chances of more than one person getting the same price on insurance is about the same as taxes being abolished. Man you have to shop around.

Try the mainstream ones, AAMI is the cheapest, but there is a reason

Just Car is the usual option for young drivers with modified vehicles

EK1.6LCIV
29-07-2010, 03:35 PM
under 25, get used to paying alot, no point in looking for loopholes, insuring under parents names, just one of the expenses to car ownership

but if a matured owned, with no marks against his record was paying over $700, be a waste of money and I would look elsewhere

dougie_504
29-07-2010, 08:30 PM
i have changed the title of your thread. As above, this has been run through MANY times on this site.

The reality is the chances of more than one person getting the same price on insurance is about the same as taxes being abolished. Man you have to shop around.

Agreed.

AAMI was the cheapest for me, but I ended up having a very disappointing experience with them, and will be dumping them very soon.

Just Car tends not to increase your premium every single time you mod your car which is nice.

japa_VTEC
30-07-2010, 06:58 PM

Thanks for changing that man

i think i may insure under my dads name as he has a clean driving record. alright cheers for the replies guys

Lukey
30-07-2010, 08:15 PM
my dc4 is under dads name, with me as a driver and i pay roughly 950 a year

tinymoon
30-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I am on open driver license, paying $550 comprehensive for HOnda FD MY09.
I really do not know why you should pay too much for insurance, i hold other insurance for my sister (P2) for $420 comprehensive, nominate she is the second driver of the car. It would save you a lot with insurance. Despite whoever is the owner of the car, the owner of the car does not necessary hold the insurance policy.

Mikecivic78
30-07-2010, 09:35 PM
If ur in QLD, NRMA will beat anyones quote by 10% atm. I went with them and saved heaps. I pay $776 for my EM1 with a less-than-perfect driving record.