PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Master Cylinder USDM AUDM difference

YLDS2K
29-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Does anyone happen to know if a US delivered AP2 s2000's clutch master culinder would be different from a AUS delivered AP1's? Mine has a slow leak and the price this guy is selling his its the price to resleave mine.

Thanks in advance

irvinchua
29-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I can't claim definitely if there is no difference, but from experience, if you find out the part number that you need and purchase the exact same part number, you would be find.

I can however claim that in the case of an AP1, there is no difference as I bought mine from Hardtopguy.com from the US and it has worked with no problems at all as I have matched the part numbers prior to purchase.

YLDS2K
29-07-2010, 09:20 PM
well this guy is selling it second hand so i dont know if he can supply me with part numbers...its a used unit...or should i purchase 1 like yourself from hardtopguy

Si1enzio
29-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Dont bother getting second hand to be honest.
I got mine changed from a mechanic & if i can remember, only charge me around $120.

YLDS2K
29-07-2010, 09:32 PM
want to possibly tell me where? hopefully somewhere in melbourne?

Si1enzio
30-07-2010, 09:23 AM
This is in Sydney.

zhong
01-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I bought a brand new OEM "NISSIN" CMC for about $85USD delivered from the states, fits and works fine, don't think it matters if it's ADM or USDM. Try majestichonda.com or carpartsdiscount.com - be mindful of the items you choose though, some are non-oem replacements.

Peace.

irvinchua
02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I can't claim definitely if there is no difference, but from experience, if you find out the part number that you need and purchase the exact same part number, you would be find.

I can however claim that in the case of an AP1, there is no difference as I bought mine from Hardtopguy.com from the US and it has worked with no problems at all as I have matched the part numbers prior to purchase.

If you do decide to get it from Hardtopguy, you best do it about 6 weeks before you expect your master clutch cylinder to blow because in the 3 times or so that I have dealt with him he was slow on the shipping. But for the price, I guess I couldn't complain.

You can also try to use a third party freight forwarder to make the purchase on your behalf from a USA dealership as well.

YLDS2K
02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
ok great stuff guys, i thought there might be a difference between them being l/h and r/h drive....but seeing as this is available widely i'll just pick 1 up from somewhere as i was quoted over the $400 mark from honda. Pricks

irvinchua
03-08-2010, 10:22 PM
If you get parts from the US, it's approximately half price landed. As far as I can tell, it's the same part, same OEM quality and probably made in the same factory. I just can't bring myself to pay double the price at my local stealership.

YLDS2K
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
If you get parts from the US, it's approximately half price landed. As far as I can tell, it's the same part, same OEM quality and probably made in the same factory. I just can't bring myself to pay double the price at my local stealership.

lol @ "stealership" if thats a typo, i now claim ownership of that word. If not, im sorry but i still find it funny.

jbird
04-08-2010, 12:59 PM
This is in Sydney.

Where in Sydney...that is cheap!

lol @ "stealership" if thats a typo, i now claim ownership of that word. If not, im sorry but i still find it funny.

"stealership" has been around since dealerships started stealing lolll. They wanted $120 for a new aircon micron filter!

+1 to Hardtop guy being really slow. Unbelievably slow that you think have been scammed kind of slow.

Engin09
09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
ye i agree where in sydney that cheap! i need myne changed! mechanic wants 500 with labor.. what a jip.

and RHD and LHD doesnt matter with clutch master cylinder?