PDA

View Full Version : Car Vibrating - Not Steering Wheel

Adrian Euro
30-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution for when you accelerate from say like 40km to 80km the car starts shaking. The steering wheel DOESN'T shake so would that rule out drive shafts?

It shakes like under my seat so like i can feel my seat shake / vibrate.

I have just changed my gear box and the middle plate of the clutch. Car done 202,000km. The dealer said that when checked after installation it didn't need alligning.

Any thoughts????

BraXta
30-07-2010, 11:35 AM
hey man you have the same problem all our cars have had =D

its the CV joint Refer to this link =D (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?132350-FINALLY-THE-ANSWER-TO-THE-SHAKING-EUROS-%28Well-my-one-anyways-P%29)
ive got mine 50% fixed =P just got to get other side done been lazy and busy lol

Adrian Euro
30-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Could this be engine mounts? I was told at my last service that two engine mounts are gone does anyone think this may be a cause? I am pretty sure i have changed my cv joints already.

CB7_OWNER
30-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Highly likely its the engine mounts. Cant really diagnose a problem, without fixing one first. Get the engine mounts replaced (arm and a leg @ a dealership)..

kryptonite
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Highly likely its the engine mounts. Cant really diagnose a problem, without fixing one first. Get the engine mounts replaced (arm and a leg @ a dealership)..

how much did that cost?

Twincam16
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM
If you have aftermarket wheels or low prof tyres, check inside of each wheel for welts in tyre. Could be from a pothole or something. Had this ages ago when id be going faster than 80km/h

mattchuej8
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
cv joints seem more likely, i have an 04 model and when i bought it i soon noticed a shake at speed, rather aggressive i rekn people outside could see it shaking lol. i took it back and they said engine mounts and they replaced it under warranty. was fine for a while and it still happens. Braxta has experienced a fixed through cv joints. cv joints would be a cheaper option to fix :P