PDA

View Full Version : Fat Fives and Semi Slicks

joe.teg
30-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey guys,

Im in two minds about using my Fat Fives as track rims with semi slicks. My other option is to buy a set of Rota Slipstreams and use the semis on them. I havnt bought the semis as yet but could anyone point me in the right direction as to what size tyre to use on both the Fat Fives and the Rotas. I was thinking of using 205/50/15 for the Rotas but i am stumped as to what size to run on the Fat Fives if i end up using them as they are narrower than the Rotas ill be running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe :)

Benson
30-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Contact James from MX5centre in Melb for 949 racing rims (6UL). Get 15x8's all round to fit the 205's. You can go up to 225's with 8inch wide. Dont go wasting money on stock rims or rota's.

EG30
31-07-2010, 12:12 AM
definately aftermarket option since you have the budget for it.

I started tracking my eg on fat fives and street tyres ( my street combo since ), and they are ok for 195 tyres but they dont vent too well for the track and the heat from the front brakes yellowed the clear coat on the rims as well.

Riced_Civic
31-07-2010, 05:51 PM
if u have the money to get rims and semis get the 6UL like benson said and fit the 205 on it.

if u can only afford semis, just chuck em on the fat 5's until u can afford the 6ULs