PDA

View Full Version : Search

EG4
02-12-2003, 12:47 PM
I've read quite abit on the forums when a newbie would ask for some advice, and quite often more often then not the first post would be

"use the search function"

Dunno but kinda gives a negative vibe to new member's doesn;t it

But nehow, i thought maybe we should make the search button extra large or have a note for ppl to use teh search funtion b4 asking.

wynode
02-12-2003, 01:53 PM
I guess the main problem is that people will discuss a particular issue, then a few days later someone will ask the EXACT same question. So then we have duplicate threads and people find themselves having to repeat what they have already said :)

But I see your point. And this is why we have an intro section for new members to introduce themselves and get to know other forumers, because its a new world in a forum :)

joneblaze
02-12-2003, 02:17 PM
I've read quite abit on the forums when a newbie would ask for some advice, and quite often more often then not the first post would be

"use the search function"

Dunno but kinda gives a negative vibe to new member's doesn;t it

But nehow, i thought maybe we should make the search button extra large or have a note for ppl to use teh search funtion b4 asking.

Good point dude...but if we post up a Sticky on using the Search function (which there probably already is one...lol), noone will read it as usual.... :roll:
the X Large SEARCH button sounds pretty good tho...hehe....

vti-2
02-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Don't take offense guys but an extra large search button would look extra gay. It's common sense to search before posting a topic anyway, especially if you are a newbie to the forum.

EG4
02-12-2003, 05:09 PM
true the extra large search button would look kinda gay

how a FAQ column?
sumthing we know ppl would look for all the time?

wynode
02-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Another (prefferred) option is to make the search button RED.

EG
Search

phils_herre
02-12-2003, 10:50 PM
We have a search button, lol...

:oops: um oh yeh the SEARCH BUTTON... i use it all the time

A'PEXi
03-12-2003, 12:57 AM
some forums have a search box for you to key in your search field and do a search in each thread/forum.... :D

wynode
03-12-2003, 03:58 AM
Making the Search button stand out a bit more is more than enough.

Given it is on EVERY SINGLE FORUM PAGE, leaves no excuse for missing it.

Common sense says to look for it up the top. :shock: