PDA

View Full Version : Needing second opinions =[

_Dee
31-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Do you guys think i should sell out my silver integra to buy a black gts r32 for roughly the same price? After sitting in my friends gts, which was pretty banged alredi, even though its got less power then my car, the difference in torque was noticeable and it felt good. Ever since then ive been having 2nd thoughts, i cant drive a turbo car (P plate laws) so i dnt know if i should keep my car or sell and get one of those =) If i do end up keeping the teg would anyone suggest any mods that would help raise the torque?

_bORdO_
01-08-2010, 01:33 PM
how much are 32's going for these days?

Best way to increase torque is turbo.
Dude your young, keep the teg til you get off your plates... its cheaper to run, reliable and in no doubt stil a quick 1.8L car.

Once your get off your plates go ahead and buy whatever you want...
Im not sure of your financial situation, but by that time you'll probably have a higher paying job and if things fall apart you can back yourself up.

If you have already done the standard I/H/E -- get yourself a good tunable ECU.
Anything after that starts to get very pricey.

Do your research and you'll figure it out.
Start off with typing "how do you increase torque" in google - you'll get your answer eventually.

markismaximus
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
You may as well just wait till you're off your Ps and buy a turbo model. They can be had for under 10g, or around 10g for a well kept example.

RB20DE - 115 kW @ 6400 rpm
184nm @ 5600

vs.

B18C2 - 125kW @ 7300rpm
173Nm @ 6200-6200rpm

11nm difference is not much, only real difference is the torque is achieved at a lower rpm.
your car would also be lighter....

r3ckless
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Also skyline i reckon has more dramas.. Import... History? Or lack of most likely

Super-DA9
01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
skylines aren't worth it if they're not turbocharged in my opinion, besides teg's got so much potential anyway! =D

_Dee
01-08-2010, 10:26 PM
lol thanks for the information guys, at 1st i read it wrong, i found out it had around i think 130 ish ft pounds of torque and i was comparing that to the gts NM of torque but yeh just then i kinda read it properly and realised its not much difference, and i have the b18c jap imported integra si so ive got 133kw xD

thanks for the input, ended up deciding gonna stay with the integra and get a respray =) also thinking of getting a skunk2 manifold, my ones got the dual butterfly thingo ma bobby in it and vtec kicks in at 4500 rpms but i dnt feel nothing until 6000rpm when apparently the 2nd butterfly opens, hoping getn a different manifold should help that. Any ideas about it? =)