PDA

View Full Version : Future plans for Accord Euros

antony
01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I wonder what Honda is planning for the future,in regard to the Euro.

In Europe,they are available with diesel and station wagons.

In US.they are available with V6 engines,and the wagons are being launched for 2011.

Rumour has it that the first hybrid Acura will launch next year will be in the TSX/Euro.

So there is a lot going on with this very sucessful platform worldwide.

Will be interesting to see...

Chineese production recently began,where its called the Honda Spirior,and positioned above the normal Accord.

Type R Positive
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
honda will do nothing. Honda had all of that available with the CL9 (apart from V6).....

praja6
01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
So far our Euro is made in Japan. All other Hondas are nowadays made in their Thailand factory. Do you guys think Honda will shift the Euro production to Thailand as well....

furythree
01-08-2010, 05:57 PM
who cares unless u plan on buying another one

hybrid euro sounds awesome, we might be able to get better performance than the 4cyl engine. instant torque ftw.
i was looking at the toyota ft-hs if they ever plan on releasing it. mean as **** and hybrid engine. but its mainly appealing cause the hybrid engine is the same as the lexus hs450 (i think thats the name)
if honda produces an acura tsx hybrid, i hope the euro model gets it but hopefully it wont be disappointing as the crz. shudnt be since euro isnt exactly aimed at the environmentally guilty market

kryptonite
01-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd like them to shrink the size back down to the 1st gen Euros.

Honda already have the boring US Accords which are almost the same size.

Yeah sure they re-badge these as Acuras in the US - but maybe its time Acura get their own line up.

Type R Positive
02-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I'd like them to shrink the size back down to the 1st gen Euros.
Shit yeah! That is the one thing that shits me off about mine. It's just as big as a falcodore. I miss my mid sized CL9, especially when parking.

denot
02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
On contrary, I like the CU2 size and shape compare to the old and boring CL9 "just like any other sedan" size and shape :)

Type R Positive
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
yeah, i do too, but just wish it was a bit smaller.

10KRPM
02-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Someone needs to put the mdx engine into a euro accord....would be something to drive.....or not.

praja6
02-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Shit yeah! That is the one thing that shits me off about mine. It's just as big as a falcodore. I miss my mid sized CL9, especially when parking.

I am with you the size is as big as commodore and always having trouble with parking..Just imagine next version Euro is same size as ford falcon.......well not only Honda, all the car manufacturers such as Subaru, Mazda their new version of liberty and Mazda 6 are as big as Euro...

How do you guys find the rear vision of euro. I found the rear vision is not as good as my old corolla and camry

Type R Positive
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Rear vision is crap. That rear window is so small LOL!

Type R Positive
02-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Someone needs to put the mdx engine into a euro accord....would be something to drive.....or not.
What? A V6? 2010 TSX has V6!

How about the RDX? 2.3L turbo FTW!

adhunt99
02-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd love to see a wagon lol

Type R Positive
02-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd love to see a wagon lol
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/files/slideshow/Honda_Accord_Euro_Tourer_Medium.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/news/roadtests/6659/honda-springs-surprise-with-accord-euro-wagon&h=260&w=400&sz=15&tbnid=bkjhvFhD0gUEsM:&tbnh=81&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daccord%2Beuro%2Bwagon&hl=en&usg=__mYylR5ZpOo2yXhVwougbxh5D1PI=&sa=X&ei=r7lWTN_2O4_RcebtqMAM&ved=0CCwQ9QEwBg

adhunt99
02-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Looks cool :)

SPQR
02-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't mind the size of the CU2. But for it's larger outward size over the CL9, it certainly doesn't have a proportional increase in interior room compared to the CL9: For it's bulk, the space inside should have been more. Rear leg room is still poor when tall people are in front.

Honda is one of those manufacturers that is very secretive about new/update cars. Going by the CU2 experience, you'd be hard pressed to see a spy shot until the new model is about to be released. The replacement for the CU2 in due in 2013. You probably won't hear anything of it until late 2012 or early 2013.

Euro707
04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
You probably won't hear anything of it until late 2012 or early 2013.[/QUOTE]

Great..... hopefully that will give the boffins in Japan time to sort out the FCUKIN PINGING issue on the CU2 engine config by then.:zip:

Mike Star
02-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought over time I would get used to and come to like the look of the CU2 but to me it's just plain fugly........ Porked up for no actual advantage in interior space and to the detriment of the really nice lines of the CL7 or 9. A pristine CL7 or 9 still looks heaps better than any CU 2 IMO.

denot
03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I thought over time I would get used to and come to like the look of the CU2 but to me it's just plain fugly........ Porked up for no actual advantage in interior space and to the detriment of the really nice lines of the CL7 or 9. A pristine CL7 or 9 still looks heaps better than any CU 2 IMO.

I think CL7 and 9 model are outdated just looks like any other sedan/saloon car. Shaped just like Accord CD or Liberty or other sedan/saloon from the past.

Mike Star
03-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Cant agree mate. I think the CL7 and CL9 Lines are classic.
The very thing you criticise them for is what most people I know feel about the CU2 and also the new Liberty. Porked up for no real reason and now just look like everything else including Camrys...................

denot
03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Cant agree mate. I think the CL7 and CL9 Lines are classic.
The very thing you criticise them for is what most people I know feel about the CU2 and also the new Liberty. Porked up for no real reason and now just look like everything else including Camrys...................

well each to its own mate...

UNLS1
03-09-2010, 04:15 PM
bluetooth standard......

MR_LATE
03-09-2010, 08:05 PM
on contrary, i like the cu2 size and shape compare to the old and boring cl9 "just like any other sedan" size and shape :)

agreed

Lemonhead
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
a V6 will be good, like the TSX in US.
..but i feel that Honda sells more 4 cylinder than 6 anyway, so no rush for them.

SpeedBird
03-09-2010, 09:57 PM
bluetooth standard......

Meaning?????????? for model year 2011???

Mike Star
03-09-2010, 11:37 PM
well each to its own mate...

Agreed absolutely!

tron07
05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
if they come out with a hybrid, it will be like the Clarity, which will not do here due to no hydrogen stations

SPQR
06-09-2010, 06:48 AM

Lol! Parking spaces are bigger in Darwin because practically everyone drives trucks like Landcruiser/Prado/Patrol/Hi-Lux. But yes, the CL9 was a handy size.

boleh
13-09-2010, 11:08 AM
6-speed auto... c'mon.. Abt time already for the Euro to trump Mazda6 once again. The Mazda and Liberty now run on non premium fuel and real performance isn't far behind the Euro. In fact a recent review found both Liberty & Euro 0-100 sprint time to be identical.. Honda is losing the technological edge..

More useable rear space pls. CU2 has alot of dimension increase over CL9 but where the hell did they go to

The only thing I love abt the CU2 is its interior.

HunterZero
13-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I think CL7 and 9 model are outdated just looks like any other sedan/saloon car. Shaped just like Accord CD or Liberty or other sedan/saloon from the past.

I'm going to have to chime in and stick up for the CL9 here. ;-)

To say it's 'outdated' is a bit much... It's still one of the nicest looking cars on the road, it doesn't "just look like any other car". The CL9 is a simple, clean looking car, especially from the back. Even at night the small round tail lights stand out. Just because a car is a newer model, doesn't mean it's better looking - look at the Liberty, the current model is a dog's breakfast compared to the last one.

CU2 isn't a bad looking car, but IMHO the styling is a bit too fussy, it's a bit too big, and a bit too heavy. An impartial friend of mine (he has a Mondeo XR5 Turbo) drove my CL9 and another friend's CU2, he said he much preferred the CL9, in looks and to drive. He said the CU2 felt a bit on the heavy/slow side, the CL9 was more of a driver's car. The word he used when he drove the CU2 was 'disappointed'.

The CL9 is an ideal size for me, not too big, not too small. The CU2 definitely feels like a bigger car around you, yet there isn't much difference in cabin size. It looks like they just made the bonnet a bit longer on the CU2 (to accommodate the DTEC?), flared the arches to make it wider and lowered the roof a bit.

But at the end of the day, they're both very nice cars, it all comes down to personal preference.

I'd like to see a performance based hybrid offered in future Euros, and while I like the 2.4L 4 cyl, a 3L V6 option or Euro R would be nice. I would like to see it return to the smaller size of the CL9, to differentiate it from the larger standard Accord. The Euro should keep its slightly sporty feel as well, it started to lose that feel a bit in the CU2.

- HZ

Mike Star
13-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm going to have to chime in and stick up for the CL9 here. ;-)

To say it's 'outdated' is a bit much... It's still one of the nicest looking cars on the road, it doesn't "just look like any other car". The CL9 is a simple, clean looking car, especially from the back. Even at night the small round tail lights stand out. Just because a car is a newer model, doesn't mean it's better looking - look at the Liberty, the current model is a dog's breakfast compared to the last one.

CU2 isn't a bad looking car, but IMHO the styling is a bit too fussy, it's a bit too big, and a bit too heavy. An impartial friend of mine (he has a Mondeo XR5 Turbo) drove my CL9 and another friend's CU2, he said he much preferred the CL9, in looks and to drive. He said the CU2 felt a bit on the heavy/slow side, the CL9 was more of a driver's car. The word he used when he drove the CU2 was 'disappointed'.

The CL9 is an ideal size for me, not too big, not too small. The CU2 definitely feels like a bigger car around you, yet there isn't much difference in cabin size. It looks like they just made the bonnet a bit longer on the CU2 (to accommodate the DTEC?), flared the arches to make it wider and lowered the roof a bit.

But at the end of the day, they're both very nice cars, it all comes down to personal preference.

I'd like to see a performance based hybrid offered in future Euros, and while I like the 2.4L 4 cyl, a 3L V6 option or Euro R would be nice. I would like to see it return to the smaller size of the CL9, to differentiate it from the larger standard Accord. The Euro should keep its slightly sporty feel as well, it started to lose that feel a bit in the CU2.

- HZ

I couldn't agree more. The only things I prefer are the seats. I could have much the same look and feel if I had Acura TSX seats which IMO were way nicer than ours. I think the real test will be in 3 to 5 years. Have a look at both and see which car has dated most styling wise CL9 or CU2. I have a friend who drives European cars in the main and he is always saying what lovely clean lines the CL9 has right from the MY03/04 series thru to the MY05/06/07. His words not mine are that the Cl9 has "classic lines" that will prove timeless. So lets wait and see!

Mike Star
14-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I was looking for some overseas info on the Suzuki Kizashi last night and got onto Autoblog a US road test and car review site. Here is a direct quote I cut from the review I was reading.
"That's not to say that the Kizashi Sport is M3-besting material by any means, but the sharp suspension helps the Suzuki feel significantly quicker than it is. Couple the new low-slung stance with an Akebono braking system capable of bringing the car down from 60 mph in a shave over 130 feet and you have one very solid driving experience. In reality, it reminds us of what Acura used to be before the brand larded up with sound deadening and unnecessary bulk."
I'm sure you all realise that our Euro (CL9 and CU2) is a US TSX so Autoblog share similar views re the unnecessary larding up of the cars for little or no real gain.

Kwangstuhhh
14-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Ditto...parking is a b*tch around Brisbane...especially when I'm usually around those areas where parking spaces there are ridiculously tight...hence why I have so many bloody dings and scratches on it =(...people who can't park =\

AznDragon1234
14-09-2010, 07:09 PM
you cant beat the original CL9, i love everything about it!
my first impressions on the CU2 was dissapointment, first look impressions you could see that it became ''fat'', and from the looks of the forum, interior didnt realy improve.
i would like to see in the future versions looking more like the original, in size but also shape, but if anything is to be done....POWER!....and weight ratio to the power, currently weighing over 1.6 tonnes, the 2.4L VTEC engine does great giving out almost 150kw stock!

npcan2
14-09-2010, 11:22 PM
What I love most about the CL9, especially an 03-05 with a euro r kit, is how it manages to not look out of place behind the wheel of a male or female driver! It's beautiful/sexy/sporty all at the same time; a rare combo.

I think the CU2 kinda went towards the 'male's car' stereotype with the flared arches and sharper lines. Not that it looks bad, just more aggressive.

Either way, both sweet looking cars in need of that RDX 2.3l turbo engine... maybe some SH-AWD?