PDA

View Full Version : replacing s2000 rear plastic window!

vtecit
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi guys just yesterday my rear plastic window cracked upon putting the slightest pressure on it. Been reading a few manuals and stuff and know that it unzips and is replaceable just wanted to know what was the best way of going about it. should i take it to honda or somewhere else? and what sort of prices would i be looking at?
and if anyone knows any good places in melbourne i would appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction. Cheers guys

JamieP
01-08-2010, 03:06 PM
The plastic windows suck. Upgrade to glass and you'll never look back....actually let me rephrase that, upgrade to glass and u can finally look back and actually see what's behind u without that plasticy fog lol

9000RPM
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
The plastic windows suck. Upgrade to glass and you'll never look back....actually let me rephrase that, upgrade to glass and u can finally look back and actually see what's behind u without that plasticy fog lol

lol good call :thumbsup:

jbird
01-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi guys just yesterday my rear plastic window cracked upon putting the slightest pressure on it. Been reading a few manuals and stuff and know that it unzips and is replaceable just wanted to know what was the best way of going about it. should i take it to honda or somewhere else? and what sort of prices would i be looking at?
and if anyone knows any good places in melbourne i would appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction. Cheers guys

The amount of work in changing just the window is nearly the same as replacing the whole roof.

Clear duct tape it for now lol

JamieP
01-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Jbird, that's what I meant. Eventually your roof is going to tear and leak due to faulty design so you had may as well upgrade to a new roof with glass. That's what I did. I tryd the see through duct tape which worked fine most of the time. I taped inside and out with multiple layers. But during torretial rain water would manage to make it through. So make sure you keep your car under cover during heavy rain.

Good luck with it all buddy

Marst4r
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
hahahaha fark... exactly the same thing happened to me this morning... cracked when i was putting the top down... must've been the cold weather making it brittle

gamgam
02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Same thing happened to me a fortnight ago. It's being held with normal clear tape right now but am planning on trying to cut out the vinyl and replace it with a thick new sheet (that is till I can afford a new glass window roof) that sound like a decent temporary solution?

3AM
02-08-2010, 08:40 PM
happened to me a month ago, taped it up with fluro duct tape... cracked again last night.. its pretty bad now lol

slackzy
03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
FX rates are good now, go buy a new top with glass window from the states to do a conversion...

s2kjn
03-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Every s2k owner has this problem, I was lucky to get a new roof with frame so I dont have to deal with the whole drama of taking off the vinyl :)

s2kjn
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Vtecit, there is also a whole thread created for this, just search the forum for roof conversions

jbird
03-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Same thing happened to me a fortnight ago. It's being held with normal clear tape right now but am planning on trying to cut out the vinyl and replace it with a thick new sheet (that is till I can afford a new glass window roof) that sound like a decent temporary solution?

Yeah i was thinking of doing that but how are you going to fit the new sheet?

If your thinking of super glue then it will harden and crack and leak. Duct tape is the safest option.

happened to me a month ago, taped it up with fluro duct tape... cracked again last night.. its pretty bad now lol

ahha same! except I changed it to clear duct tape so I can see out of it.

sae
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Why not just order in a new soft top with the glass? Its a bi*** to install it but doable in a couple of hours.