PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 -> OBD1 Conversion

zel05
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi there.

I have an EG with a b18cr. It currently runs with a p73 ecu.

Very soon, I plan on running Neptune. I understand that these only work on OBD1 ECU's.

Ontop on the Neptune RTP, OBD1 ecu, OBD2->OBD1 ECU AND OBD2->OBD1 Distributor harnesses, what other things are necessary to complete the conversion?

Would it be more beneficial to run an obd2 compatible ecu instead of all the extra headaches? or are there advantages in switching to obd1?

Thanks for the time.

TODA AU
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi there.

I have an EG with a b18cr. It currently runs with a p73 ecu.

Very soon, I plan on running Neptune. I understand that these only work on OBD1 ECU's.

Ontop on the Neptune RTP, OBD1 ecu, OBD2->OBD1 ECU AND OBD2->OBD1 Distributor harnesses, what other things are necessary to complete the conversion?

Would it be more beneficial to run an obd2 compatible ecu instead of all the extra headaches? or are there advantages in switching to obd1?

Thanks for the time.

You won't need the distributor, your current OBD2 dissy will be fine.

Limbo
02-08-2010, 05:16 PM
obd2 ECUs are not available with Neptune or Hondata.

All those are only in OBD1 ecus (unless a conversion harness is built in).

Just be careful of the JDM ECUs (smaller ECU) as they don't support the 4 wire o2 sensor, only the 2 wire one.

ECU-MAN
09-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Just be careful of the JDM ECUs (smaller ECU) as they don't support the 4 wire o2 sensor, only the 2 wire one.

any ECU that was only single wire O2 can be modded to run 4wire O2.

if your convertion used a OBDI to OBDIIa harness to make the P73 fit the EG then just remove it and simply plug in your neptune ECU

if they chopped off the OBDI connectors and soldered in the OBDIIa connectors then get a OBDIIa to OBDI harness

zel05
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Is it possible to transfer a full obd2a harness into an EG? Taking into consideration that this conversion would have taken place anywhere from 4/5+ years ago.

From what I can see, there is no conversion harness, perhaps they have chopped and soldered.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3154/img4946largemedium.jpg

Just note that the wires spliced into the harness are for a AVC-R, before my time.

ECU-MAN
10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
could be chop and solder, or compleate harness, either way doesnt matter

you need OBDIIa to OBDI harness by the looks of that pic

GRU53M
10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
If you need the conversion Harness shoot me a Pm, as i'm not using mine any more.

Cheers Stephen