PDA

View Full Version : New to Forums - Buying a New Car Preferably a Civic or CRX Any Opinons! :)

Hotsauce123
01-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey

Just recently joined the forums...just wondering any advice on buying a new car cause i really want to get either a civic or a CRX but im leaning towards a civic cause of the vtec haha...but my price range would be 2k - 5k Max any advice on sites where i can get a nice civic with vtec with not much km's

The reason for me buying a new car is cause my nissan pulsar N15 really stuffed up on me cause i replaced the headgasket a year ago then its doing the same thing again the coolant is leaking :( so any advice on buying a civic or CRX would be helpful and what is your opinon on this :)

DCZ 18C
01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
dude your not going to find a nice civic for your price range,
especially a Vti-R which is what you are looking for as these have an aggressive VTEC crossover which will make you jizz
and one with low Kms in that price range....... not going to happen.
you may be able to find a CR-X del sol for around 5K and the CR-X shares the B16A2 with the Vti-R so they have a very similar sound and go just as hard
only downer is the fact that they are a 2 seater..
but they make up for it with their Go-Kart like handling ;p youll love it .. have a look and take one for a test drive.. and you will know right away if it is the car for you

Hotsauce123
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
LOL i'm just in agony cause of my pulsar being a bitch to me hahahah
but i dont mind a CRX but if it doesnt have a vtec on the civic its fine as long as i can engine swap it after i get it :)
i just need a car to drive so i can take the pain away hahaha

what type of civic is a good one if im to engine swap it or should i just buy one with just a vtec engine in it already?

yellows2k
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Not sure u fully thought out "just doing an engine swap", as that alone would eat up most of ur allotted budget
Also, it's not just nissans that give problems, a Honda can give the exact same problems as well.
To be honest, u should just try and find the best car for ur budget. Low kms isn't the best indicator of reliability, in fact I bought an 89 civic with 250k for $2k about 3 years ago, it's got about 285k km on it now and it's been reliable with no major issues besides a leaking fuel pump
I think u need to reassess wat u want

Hotsauce123
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks yellows2k that's a good statement there yeah i just need to look around i'm going to try out a CRX this Friday
also i'm kinda pretty noob with cars lol so yeah....just thought i'd get myself into it cause im asian after all LOL

It's cause i paid alot for a new headgasket and like i seriously dont wanna waste anymore money on it if its gonna try f up on me again

But i've seen a CRX
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=26834 have a look at this one i don't mind if it has any bumps on it but I'm gonna try test it out on Friday and see how it goes

Cause i really do want a Honda, not gonna do any upgrades as long as it can run and reliable ill be really happy i would take really good care of it cause i know what it feels like to neglect the car
Where abouts did u find your civic?

dougie_504
01-08-2010, 06:29 PM
If you only have $2,000-5,000 then you might have to re-consider VTEC. Yes you can get SOHC VTEC but it's pretty crap IMO and yes I drive both.

I recommend getting a non-VTEC CRX as they're quite light (890kg more or less) and with some simple mods they go quite well. Handle great stock and look nice. It's affordable for you and will be a fun car long-term :)

yellows2k
01-08-2010, 06:30 PM
That crx looks fine, def take a look and test drive it. The damage isn't an issue of it's gonna be ur daily, u don't need to impress anyone.
I bought the 89 civic from eBay a few yrs back, iN fact there is a white Ed civic still avail from about $2k from that same forum, give that a look as well, it's not vtrc but it's reliable and clean

kingjumbo
01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
mate 2-5k isn't going to make things easy lol... my suggestion = loan an extra 5k from the bank and buy a 10k car.. you'll be grateful when you don't have to blow thousands of dollars fixing shit and you get to enjoy a nice car from the beginning.. 10k civic coupe or vtir integra.. or a nice crx.. you could get a NICE sss pulsar for around 8 aswell

that's my 2c.. cheap cars end up costin you more so all you end up with is an costly car that doesn't reward your overall investment