dc292177917
04-08-2010, 02:01 AM
hi bros
i hv recently found my handbrake loosen up a bit
it has to be pulled real hard to make my del sol station on a slope
i m just looking if there's anyway that i can do it myself
got ripped by a mechanic recently, got no money left lol
btw my clutch need replacing soon and that would be sth i can't do it myself
just looking if any bro could give me an idea of a fair price to avoid getting ripped again
wt i m looking is a clutch kit by exedy (the normal one is fine i don't drive aggressively)
all comments will be appreciated, thz:wave:

markismaximus
04-08-2010, 07:16 AM
if a del sol is the same as EGs/EDs (which it most likely is) the handbrake can be tightended by adjusting a nut at the rear of the handbrake.
Look in my build thread at where I swap the brakes over and I'm pretty sure I have a picture in there..

mocchi
04-08-2010, 09:16 AM
hi bros
i hv recently found my handbrake loosen up a bit
it has to be pulled real hard to make my del sol station on a slope
i m just looking if there's anyway that i can do it myself
got ripped by a mechanic recently, got no money left lol
btw my clutch need replacing soon and that would be sth i can't do it myself
just looking if any bro could give me an idea of a fair price to avoid getting ripped again
wt i m looking is a clutch kit by exedy (the normal one is fine i don't drive aggressively)
all comments will be appreciated, thz:wave:

lol! got ripped off by mechanic haha. on the side note, changing clutch is quite a hard work.
what is your engine number? need this for clutch kit compatibility.

clutch kit, exedy, oem replacement. (not for B16A)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110567482852&_trksid=p2759.l1259
edit: arr this guy doesn't ship outside US, but you should be able to search for one that does.
and make sure you confirm for fitment. theyre compatibility listing is terrible for some sellers (i.e this kit fits b16a, d16y8 etc)

as for how to adjust handbrake, you do this ↓ (its for EG hatch, but yours should be very similar)
http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u323/breadbaconncheese/brake.png

mocchi
04-08-2010, 09:37 AM
you know how i said seller doesnt ship outside US?
i asked him for shipping to melbourne and he said its $48. hehe. you never know is what i always say.
for oem exedy replacement clutch disc and you get pressure plate too, i think it's cheap.
you should be able to reuse your flywheel, but others can confirm this.
so total is $137USD = $146.2AUD, Paypal rates 9:38am melbourne time.
damn im so nice today.

dc292177917
04-08-2010, 01:16 PM
you know how i said seller doesnt ship outside US?
i asked him for shipping to melbourne and he said its $48. hehe. you never know is what i always say.
for oem exedy replacement clutch disc and you get pressure plate too, i think it's cheap.
you should be able to reuse your flywheel, but others can confirm this.
so total is $137USD = $146.2AUD, Paypal rates 9:38am melbourne time.
damn im so nice today.
yay man, so what would be the total if u help me to do the clutch up?
the clutch need replacing very soon i guess
how long would that take for all the parts to arrive?
pm me plz bro

jdm_b16a
06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
yay man, so what would be the total if u help me to do the clutch up?
the clutch need replacing very soon i guess
how long would that take for all the parts to arrive?
pm me plz bro

Its an all day job to replace the clutch with the engine still in the car. You need to prop up the engine either with an engine hoist or something under it, then remove the starter motor and gearbox, then remove the clutch. If you're putting a new clutch in you might want to check the flywheel, and remove it for skimming (to improve the mating surface and remove any pitting/burning from the previous worn out clutch. Then you have to put everything back in. You may even have to remove the axle which will require a gearbox oil drop as well. I've done it solo in a day and I pretty much know what I'm doing.

Good luck, and sorry to hear the mechanic ripped you off (but that's not unusual if they suss you out as a novice).

Peter