PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged DC5

pittytr
30-12-2004, 11:30 PM
In the us the Integra or known as the RSX there is a supercharger kit for them.

The RSX Type S is basicly the same as our Type R many of you probably know this, it has the same engine (K20a2) but we have the type r body kit and a LSD.

But the thing is the supercharger should have no problem going on our 02-04 Integra Type R.
Many of the people over there run the supercharger @ 7psi with the hondata K-pro and are getting around 280hp at the wheels on 91 octane, some people are getting close to the 300hp mark.

The thing I am trying to say is that if someone put a supercharger on there Type R with a K-pro we might get to the 300hp mark because of our 95 octane but if you don't know there are some places that I have heard are selling 98 octane.

In the UK they have the JDM Integra Type R and they are running the same supercharger with the K-pro but with +10psi, they have the 5psi pulley on the supercharger but they change the crank pulley to a k24 pulley which is from the Accord Euro and they are make well over 300hp.

There is not more much to say but you can find this supercharger kit for the Type R at www.capa.com.au (http://www.capa.com.au/), The supercharger is made by the company Jackson Racing www.jacksonracing.com (http://www.jacksonracing.com/).
At www.capa.com.au (http://www.capa.com.au/) The kit sells for $3595.0 (race kit)

Weq
31-12-2004, 12:38 AM
all USD.

Yeah super/turbo charging is a good option for any honda :)

dc2r
31-12-2004, 01:09 AM
where r u from pittytr?

most major servos (bp, mobil, shell) these days sell 98 ron fuel as premium unleaded... i think only caltex sell 95/96 premium unleaded, although they've caught up and produced 98 ron too...

regardless of fuel ron rating... with fine tuning, you can get over 300 hp... jackson racing is known for their superchargers... are u going to buy one for your car?

Tofu
31-12-2004, 04:44 PM
um...thought there was already someone in Syd with the JRSC...

a blue DC5R if i'm not mistaken

pittytr
31-12-2004, 10:47 PM
dc2r, lad I am from Queensland and as far as I know most of the servos only 96 octane and these are the big names like bp and shell, I don't know it might be just my town but I have heard that they are going to bring 98 out soon, so are you saying that where you live you have 98 octane.

and with the Jackson Racing Supercharger, I would probably have one right now if I had an Integra Type R, I would like to get one soon but the thing is I am only a 17 year old 1st year apprentace at my local Holden, Subaru and Daewoo service centre.
I only own a 93 Subaru liberty which is a start.
When I turn 19 I would not mind getting and Integra Type S but I will have to get rid of those leather seats (I hate Leather), The reason why is at work I drive many cars eg wrx and hsv, some have leather seats and here in Queesland it can reach over 70 degrees in the car when they are locked up and when you get in them you burn your ass off.

vtc
01-01-2005, 01:25 AM
just where abouts are you.. 98 octane has been around for ages.

too bad Capa aint in QLD

ATSE
01-01-2005, 12:03 PM
octane rating in the US is different to Australia... PON vs RON

http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/RONMONPON.html

toE
01-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Don't know if it affects QLD or not, but keep in mind about power-to-weight for P Platers, when you are considering the Type S for your 19th. :)

Pretty sure 98RON has been around for quite a while too. :o

pittytr
01-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I went to fill my car at BP and premium was 96 octane, I live in Mackay in Queensland the town is not very big but it is not small.

In Queensland there is no power-to-weight ratio for P platers, we don't even have to display L or P plates or our car, and at work with my apprenticeship and that, I drive many cars like VY HSV clubsports and maloos R8 where they put out 285 kw we get a lot of maloos, so owning a Integra Type S should be no problem but getting the money is another thing.

dc2r
02-01-2005, 10:50 AM
In Sydney, 98 RON has been around for a few years now... Must just be your area that can't stock 98...
I dunno about a supercharged DC5 in Oz, but there is one with NOS :p

Tofu
02-01-2005, 12:45 PM
I went to fill my car at BP and premium was 96 octane, I live in Mackay in Queensland the town is not very big but it is not small.

In Queensland there is no power-to-weight ratio for P platers, we don't even have to display L or P plates or our car, and at work with my apprenticeship and that, I drive many cars like VY HSV clubsports and maloos R8 where they put out 285 kw we get a lot of maloos, so owning a Integra Type S should be no problem but getting the money is another thing.
that gotta suck
because in Brisbane there sure is 98 fuel
Shell Optimax and BP Ultimate are both 98...i'm 100% sure of that

as for leather seats getting hot in summer...i won't worry about that...that's what the sunroof and aircon is for..
it works perfectly with my DC5

vtc
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
From end or start of Jan next year QLD P plates must be shown again. This is a trial they are putting in place. I got this letter recently becasue im a learner bike rider and need to display the plate too.

STOCK
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM

The RSX Type S is basicly the same as our Type R many of you probably know this, it has the same engine (K20a2) but we have the type r body kit and a LSD.

But the thing is the supercharger should have no problem going on our 02-04 Integra Type R.
Many of the people over there run the supercharger @ 7psi with the hondata K-pro and are getting around 280hp at the wheels on 91 octane, some people are getting close to the 300hp mark.

The thing I am trying to say is that if someone put a supercharger on there Type R with a K-pro we might get to the 300hp mark because of our 95 octane but if you don't know there are some places that I have heard are selling 98 octane.

In the UK they have the JDM Integra Type R and they are running the same supercharger with the K-pro but with +10psi, they have the 5psi pulley on the supercharger but they change the crank pulley to a k24 pulley which is from the Accord Euro and they are make well over 300hp.

There is not more much to say but you can find this supercharger kit for the Type R at www.capa.com.au (http://www.capa.com.au/), The supercharger is made by the company Jackson Racing www.jacksonracing.com (http://www.jacksonracing.com/).
At www.capa.com.au (http://www.capa.com.au/) The kit sells for $3595.0 (race kit)
The octane ratings in the US even though are lower than our ratings are as good as out premium 96 and 98octance fuels. Its got to do with how they rate their fuels differently to ours.

Also dont be foolled by their dyno readings as they ALWAYS seem to get higher readings than ours most propably due to the type of dyno/settings they use.

pittytr
02-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I have done a bit more research on the fuel topic, there is no Shell Optimax and BP Ultimate there is only Premium Unleaded, unleaded and unleaded with 10% ethenol at BP. Premium unleaded ,unleaded and LRP(Lead replacement) at shell.
Both I asked for octane rating on fuels and premium is only 96 and at BP the display octane rating on the pump.

Tofu
03-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I have done a bit more research on the fuel topic, there is no Shell Optimax and BP Ultimate there is only Premium Unleaded, unleaded and unleaded with 10% ethenol at BP. Premium unleaded ,unleaded and LRP(Lead replacement) at shell.
Both I asked for octane rating on fuels and premium is only 96 and at BP the display octane rating on the pump.
in where you're living anyway...

tinkerbell
03-01-2005, 11:24 AM
the dyno figures are also american also.

they also different to australian dyno figures.

16CTEG
05-01-2005, 10:45 PM

lol no offense dude but hwere have u been the last 5 or so years we had 98 octance for ages. but in NZ we had 102 octane stragiht off the pump that was Shell in NZ, once again i aint' trying to make u feel like a dickhead man so if ur offended sorry

Integ LS
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Dude watch ur tone I think u ofended more that just the one person with that coment the guy just explained they dont have optimax , Synergy or anything like that were he is only Premium Premium here in melb is also only 95 Ron Next time ur putting in fuel take a look at premium and u will see it is diferant to opty or syn or gold.. Eas up on the replys and read the rest of the posts .

pittytr
06-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Somewhere in this thread I tell you where I am from but I will tell yous all again "Mackay" near the Whitsundays, central Queensland, no offense taken but here there is not 98 octane once again.

In this town we still got your performance cars eg silvias, skylines, supras, wrx and lancers but there are not many hondas there are probably 2 dc5 type R's and 5 base models and no dc2 type R's but 1 vti-r, they must be running on the 96 octane fine unless they are on octane boost.