PDA

View Full Version : Getting deposit back from a Honda dealer

hsonthalia
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi All

I paid deposit to an authorised Honda dealer on this used Euro subject to getting dents fixed and a saisfactory RACV inspection. I have noticed that there are still some dent marks which have not been fixed properly and I want to turn off the deal becuase the sales guys are just not caring anymore since I have put in a deposit. They also do not want to take the car to the RACV guys and instead just want some RACV person to come over to their dealership.

I would like some help and info. around what I can do to cancel the deal and is it possible to get my deposit back?

Thanks!

loarm
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
If it's written in the contract of some sort, subject to those conditions you outlined, I don't see why you aren't able to get your deposit back. They clearly haven't fulfilled their part of the contract by removing the dents properly, the RACV inspection, I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck with it all anyway

hsonthalia
04-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I do have this written that I shall inspect once the dents have been fixed - however in the contract it is written that the sale is subject to dents fixed and full detailing done. What if the quality of the fix of dents or detailing is not good enough? Can I still ask for my deposit back?

pablos8
04-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Tell them that the quality of the repairs are not satisfactory and you wish to take your deposit back, if they refuse, just say your solicitor will deal with the matter, if they still refuse... get a solicitor lol