PDA

View Full Version : Integra Shopping

Zakari
04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi guys... been floating about on the forum for a while now and thought who better to ask. I am gonna finalise the purchase of a DC4 tomorrow and was wondering if there are any specific things to look out for in relation to Integra's besides all the usual things you check when you go look at a car? Also anyway interested in coming along? LOL

r3ckless
04-08-2010, 09:33 PM
jsut get state raod sinspection for piece of mind!

Zakari
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Well yeah thought I'd just try and ask here first though. I mean people who love their Integras are sure to know more about the specific about the cars than your average inspector.

act_gooner
04-08-2010, 09:53 PM
They're a solid and reliable car so I think you should be right with just checking the usual stuff, but be thorough. Good luck yo

Zakari
04-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah well went for the initial drive today and it seemed fine. All the electrics work... engine feels smooth... Check the underside and everything seems to be in order. No signs of wrecker parts marked with those fluro texters...

Zakari
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I am now the PROUD owner of a 1997 Integra GSi... thanks guys!

Tegzieboi_BAR
06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I was also a proud owner of a GSi lol... then i realised that its a slow POS... im am now an owner of a B18CR powered GSi... love it! lol

string
06-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Rear trailing arm bushings, cam end seal, brake master cylinder / clutch cylinders.

That's about all that really goes wrong. Very slow, but plenty for a daily.

mnc
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
rear tail light gasket tends to fail and leaks water into the boot lols. That's just one of the many x]

Zakari
07-08-2010, 02:21 AM
I was also a proud owner of a GSi lol... then i realised that its a slow POS... im am now an owner of a B18CR powered GSi... love it! lol
Hahaha faster than my old ST184 Celica...

Rear trailing arm bushings, cam end seal, brake master cylinder / clutch cylinders.

That's about all that really goes wrong. Very slow, but plenty for a daily.

Thanks for this man... very helpful... even though I bought the car... all seem to be fine...

rear tail light gasket tends to fail and leaks water into the boot lols. That's just one of the many x]

Yeah my Integra has moisture in the rear lights? Could this be caused by the same thing?

firepower
07-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Awesome! DC4 B18B perfect for turbo! Better than going B18CR!

specialst
07-08-2010, 09:11 AM
also you can do a JDM front with all that exra money u saved and get a respray!!!! cant wait to get my car back!

Zakari
07-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Awesome! DC4 B18B perfect for turbo! Better than going B18CR!
How much are these turbo conversions I keep hearing about?

also you can do a JDM front with all that exra money u saved and get a respray!!!! cant wait to get my car back!
And this front conversion, though I am quite fond of the bug eyes.

mnc
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
yeah change the gasket on the rear lights

act_gooner
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
How much are these turbo conversions I keep hearing about?

And this front conversion, though I am quite fond of the bug eyes.

A lot. If you want more power do Ls/vtec because apparently they are very satisfying. I'm thinking of doing something like that but I don't know if there is anyone in Canberra who has any major experience with engine conversions for Integra's.