PDA

View Full Version : proud new dad to 98/99 v6 accord and new commer to this forum!

accordingly flash
31-12-2004, 07:33 AM
hi all my name is jamie and as the title says im new to the honda experience.i sold my el falcon to purchase the honda and havent regreted it yet.it is slightly better on fuel and does go harder.it is just the v6 optioned with full alarm,wing and 10 disc stacker.i have a few questions but.
the car has 145,000kms on it so how long will it last me?
i cant work out the bloody alarm on it and the book aint no help?
the build date is 98 but complied 99 so which is it?
wot lil mods can i do to make it a bit different to stock
thanks guys and look forward to chatting with you.

razaman
31-12-2004, 02:30 PM
hi all my name is jamie and as the title says im new to the honda experience.i sold my el falcon to purchase the honda and havent regreted it yet.it is slightly better on fuel and does go harder.it is just the v6 optioned with full alarm,wing and 10 disc stacker.i have a few questions but.
the car has 145,000kms on it so how long will it last me?
i cant work out the bloody alarm on it and the book aint no help?
the build date is 98 but complied 99 so which is it?
wot lil mods can i do to make it a bit different to stock
thanks guys and look forward to chatting with you.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

The car will last for ages if you treat it right - regular maintanance etc. The auto transmission on the 98's were supposed to be a bit flaky at times, I think they fixed the problems in the 99's and on. Not sure what yours would be.

The best mod for any honda, especially the accords is to lower it. The 6th gen's don't need a huge lowering but it makes a big difference to the look. Aftermarket alloys also make a big difference.

I just came across one of the nicest 6th gen accords I've ever seen today on a canadian accord forum. DAMN SEXY! Lowered/kit/mags/tints/color coding. The wheels are OZ Superleggera's.:thumbsup::eek:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzEwODMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzEwODMyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Raz

toE
01-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Welcome Jamie.

I take it it's auto?
With faithfull maintenance, your car should last you for a long time. :)

Concerning mods, just slap some alloys and lower her a little bit mate. Not much you can do with her I reckon. :o

But anyways, have fun with her, and enjoy your stay on the boards. :)

accordingly flash
01-01-2005, 10:06 AM
thanks for the welcome guys.that accord is sex on wheels.....where could i get a kit like that in oz?
im thinking about a zorst for her but not sure if it is a goer or not?
any opinions
thanks.