PDA

View Full Version : Accord exhaust system

camo1611
06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi,
I am very new to this car stuff, as this is my first car so I'm going to need alot of assistance. Starting off with doing the basics, sound system, window tint, rims ect. But moving on to the more performance side of things (the harder part) I'm looking at getting a new cold air intake and also exhaust system, and after some advice.

I want to improve performance, and also get a bit of a purrr going.

As for exhaust, I don't fully understand what I need after spending hours of confusing reading up on the net. So, am I looking for the muffler tip, or muffler or exhaust system or :S :S :S

I am on a budget so nothing to over the top.

Thanks, camo1611

jford04
08-08-2010, 11:39 AM
To increase performance you'll basically need to re-do your exhaust, a muffler will just give it a purr.
CAI is relativity easy with the CD5 as the airflow sensor is towards the back, so essentially it's just replacing the tip of the air intake, no pluming is required.

Penga89
10-08-2010, 11:52 PM
the intake you want to be getting is AEM v2

Penga89
10-08-2010, 11:54 PM
As jford said a muffler doesnt do anything for performance get a cat-back exhaust 2.25inch to 2.5inch and headers and a new cat

aussiebuddha
11-08-2010, 06:49 PM
depends on your $$ budget.
My opinion is you need a fair bit of money $1000+ and you need to redo the whole exhuast to get any performance increase.
But then again, if you engine is not modded the performance increase wont be worth the money.

typesaccord
19-09-2010, 09:18 PM
hey i have a 2.5 inch exhaust if you are still looking , i upgraded to stainless and mandrel bends , so my old one is still fine for someone starting out , let me know if you want more info , im in the south eastern burbs near clayton and springvale