PDA

View Full Version : Quality niggles with new Euro

antony
08-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I have been a little bit disapointed in the quality of my 2 month old Euro.

In the first week,it had to have its left front door seals replaced becaues of rattling.

It was meant to have a new drivers seat fitted,as my origional one had creases in it after a very short time.I only weigh 73 kilos,so am NOT a big guy...lol.

Anyhow,it went in on Monday,the seat took 3 weeks to arrive,and after waiting 3 hours,I was told the cover was correct,but the cushion was not correct,so am now waiting another 2 weeks.

A rattle coming from Right door/B pillar/roof area.
Service advisor heard it driving with me,showed it to technician,but still seems to be there after working on it for half a day.

Coming out of a Volkswagen Jetta,I expected the quality to be just as good,if not better,as Jetta was built in Mexico,Euro is built in Japan,,,but I dont think that makes any diffirence.

Has anyone had excellent service from any of the Melbourne dealerships in the South Eastern suburbs ???

I dont want to namr my dealer,as they have at least been plesant to deal with.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

PS I do love my car,and hope it is going to be a long term one,without any more annoying small issues,but HELLO,I did not buy a cheap Kia.

limleong
08-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I have been a little bit disapointed in the quality of my 2 month old Euro.

In the first week,it had to have its left front door seals replaced becaues of rattling.

It was meant to have a new drivers seat fitted,as my origional one had creases in it after a very short time.I only weigh 73 kilos,so am NOT a big guy...lol.

Anyhow,it went in on Monday,the seat took 3 weeks to arrive,and after waiting 3 hours,I was told the cover was correct,but the cushion was not correct,so am now waiting another 2 weeks.

A rattle coming from Right door/B pillar/roof area.
Service advisor heard it driving with me,showed it to technician,but still seems to be there after working on it for half a day.

Coming out of a Volkswagen Jetta,I expected the quality to be just as good,if not better,as Jetta was built in Mexico,Euro is built in Japan,,,but I dont think that makes any diffirence.

Has anyone had excellent service from any of the Melbourne dealerships in the South Eastern suburbs ???

I dont want to namr my dealer,as they have at least been plesant to deal with.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

PS I do love my car,and hope it is going to be a long term one,without any more annoying small issues,but HELLO,I did not buy a cheap Kia.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune...

I have owned Honda cars for 20+ years over a range of models (Civic, Accord, Odyssey, Integra and CRV). In general, Honda cars are very reliable as they don't tend to suffer from systemic failure of the electrical systems or engines. There are a few models (eg. early Accord V6 and Jazz CVT) which have gear box problems but these are few and far between. It is the real life reliability that has me glued to Honda since I bought my first car.

That said, sometimes there are a few niggling problems with new Honda. However, once the niggling problems are fixed, they don't usually come back. My 2010 Accord Euro Wagon has the following niggling problems:

- Doggy battery after 2 weeks of ownership
- Wiper rubber replaced after first week of ownership
- 3 door speakers replaced within 6 weeks of ownership (known issues with dodgy speakers)
- Front passenger side seat electrical wire not tucked away properly at factory.

The problems have now all been fixed and I expect years of trouble free motoring :D !!

antony
08-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Limleong,thank you for that,its encouraging to hear.

I specifically wanted a Japaneese car,as have had 6 previous cars,and they have all b een European.

I know how good Toyotas are,but even they have had lots of major issues lately,and I could just not fall in love with a Corolla,Camry ,or Aurion the way in which I fell in love with the Euro.

It really is a beautiful car.

antony
08-08-2010, 04:38 PM
By the way,I would LOVE to see photos of the new Euro wagon,as we do not,and will not get it here.

Is the Euro popular in New Zealand ???

It has been a massive success here,outselling the normal daggy Accord.

limleong
08-08-2010, 05:34 PM
By the way,I would LOVE to see photos of the new Euro wagon,as we do not,and will not get it here.

Is the Euro popular in New Zealand ???

It has been a massive success here,outselling the normal daggy Accord.

The Euro is far more popular in NZ than the US based Accord as well. NZ is such a small market that Honda NZ only brings in the the top spec V6 US Accord which almost guarantees that the V6 Accord is not a big seller. In contrast, the Euro Accord has base model righ through the top spec Luxury Navigation model.

I love the Euro Wagon having come from a CRV. Picture of the Euro Wagon can be found here:

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/new_cars/index.html

The Euro Accord has been voted as the most reliable new car by UK Which Consumer Magazine in 2009. I am sure your Euro will serve you well for years to come as all my Honda have :D

antony
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Thank you,its beautiful.
What a pity its not on sale here,Honda says it would steal sales away from the CRV and Odyssey.

Would be strong competition for cars like the Mazda 6 wagon and VW Passat Variant.

euroRwannabe
09-08-2010, 12:06 AM
ashamed to hear that all those things occured in a 2 month old euro...
but very surprised to hear that those things occured too,

my euro was bought around May this year, so it's been about 3 months, and i haven't had one problem!
probably the only problem i've encountered with it is probably the delayed throttle response when i floor the acceleration pedal, but i know that's normal.

but very sorry to hear all those things happened to you.
I'm also in Melbourne, and i get my euro services at Yarra Honda in Collingwood, they provide excellent services there.

npcan2
09-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Try Garry Warren and Smith off princess hwy. I have had nothing but good experiences from them (at good prices too)! I'd highly recommend them.
I have also tried Astoria Honda, but they seem a bit arrogant. Eastern Honda (Doncaster) gave my mate a heap of trouble when he got his car back from being serviced smelling like petrol had been spilt inside, so I have been put off them.

The niggling issues are the worst, worse than big issues imo. Usually no one cares about the small issues but you, it's frustrating... I know!

antony
09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks Guys.
I dealt with Yarra and GWS Honda,as well as Robert Lane and John Blair...but bought from Astoria,as they were very aggressive with their pricing.

I hated dealing with John Blair,but they are the most convenient for me,and I have heard very good ?

Had my car detailed today,so it looks fantastic,and for the last few days has been as quiet as a mousse,but am still waiting for my new seat.

Will let you know when it arrives.

And I agree,the little thing definatly annoys me more than the major ones...lol.

antony
20-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Its booked in for its new seat on Tuesday.
For 2 weeks,rattle gone...BUT back last night.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
It better get sorted out,or else next year I am back to VW for the new Jetta.

aaronng
20-08-2010, 11:18 AM
For your door rattle, try resting your hand on where the power window switches are. If the rattle goes away, then it is just the screw that is holding the switch module to the arm rest trim being a bit loose. Happens on the previous CL9 Euro.

limleong
20-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Its booked in for its new seat on Tuesday.
For 2 weeks,rattle gone...BUT back last night.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
It better get sorted out,or else next year I am back to VW for the new Jetta.

Anthony,

Sorry to hear about your rattling noise coming back. Defintely go back to the dealer, I suspect they may not have installed it properly. In March this year, I have my CRV bottom cushion replaced under warranty due to a collapsed cushion. The tech has to dismantle the seat to fit the new cushion. No rattling noise what so ever after the fix. In NZ the big Honda dealers are all owned by Honda Corporarte and the tech are all Honda trained. It does make a difference based on the skill of the Tech.

Don't give up too early as I personally did not experience any seat rattlling across 7 different honda models.

buddah51au
20-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I have had my CU2 for 20 months now & the only problem was very mild, intermittent PCS, other than that it is faultless.

praja6
20-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Anthony, sorry to hear the rattling back again mate, Please go back to the dealer again and they will fix it for you. I think we both bought our CU2 base model auto buron silver prettymuch same time rite(i bought in march 28th), except mine is jan 2010 built My10 and yours is My11.

I have no problem with my euro, i can't remember how many times i goes over the speedbreaker bit faster and it hit bumm bumm, and sudden brake few times(which is after 400km on the clock anyway)..except with few silly mistake i made rash my allowy wheel and slightly damaged the bumper my car is running perfect..I opened all windows sometimes and drive plus sometimes closed all windows and drive with AC on, no ping issue or rattling..

I think the dealer can fix your rattling problem for sure...

Thanks and good luck

antony
21-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Anthony,

Sorry to hear about your rattling noise coming back. Defintely go back to the dealer, I suspect they may not have installed it properly. In March this year, I have my CRV bottom cushion replaced under warranty due to a collapsed cushion. The tech has to diamantle the seat to fit the new cushion. No rattling noise what so ever after the fix. In NZ the big Honda dealers are all owned by Honda Corporarte and the tech are all Honda trained. It does make a difference based on the skill of the Tech.

Don't give up too early as I personally did not experience any seat rattlling across 7 different honda models.
The seat has not been replaced yet.
This is a rattle coming from the right door panel/B pillar/roof airbag ???

Driving home last night,I went over all the cats eyes in the rosd,and it brings them on beautifully.

My luck,rattles in a car drive me crazy,but I really did not expect them from a Euro...

2 cars previously I had a Holden Astra sedan,and after 6 and a half years,not 1 rattle.

My Parents have a 10 year old Toyota Corolla sedan,no rattles.

This is allready my second in 2 months of ownership,and its going in for the 3rd time next week for the same problem.

I baby my cars,and have only just done 4000 kilometers,very disapointed.

limleong
21-08-2010, 10:32 AM
The seat has not been replaced yet.
This is a rattle coming from the right door panel/B pillar/roof airbag ???

I feel for you. I can't stand rattle noise myself. You don't buy a Honda to get a rattle problem. You are right about it is the niggling problems that is most frustrating.

I once have a rattle noise in my then almost new CRV. It turns out to be the front passenger side seat belt buckle is knocking against the side door panel. Once I adjusted the buckle, the noise went away.

If you can't pinpoint the rattle problem, I would suggest you take the service technician in the car for a ride and let him hears the noise. Hopefully, they can identify the source of rattle noise.

aaronng
21-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Driving home last night,I went over all the cats eyes in the rosd,and it brings them on beautifully.

My luck,rattles in a car drive me crazy,but I really did not expect them from a Euro...

2 cars previously I had a Holden Astra sedan,and after 6 and a half years,not 1 rattle.

My Parents have a 10 year old Toyota Corolla sedan,no rattles.

Depends on luck. My 2002 Astra rattles very very badly. The center section where the temperature and radio display is rattles. When I put my hand on it, the noise goes away. The rear suspension tower also rattles, eventhough everything is tight...

antony
21-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I think I have a lemon...

Today,when reverse parking,my left door mirror tilted down only half way...and wont tilt all the way down like it always does...WTF ...

So one more thing to attend to on Tuesday,

I am LOVING Honda ownership...lol.

antony
24-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Car was in for the day today,and I got my new seat fitted,which looks very similar to the origional one...maybee a bit better though.

Mirror was adjusted,and I took the top technician on a drive,who heard the rattle.
Spent a few hours lubricating all the windows and channels,as is convinced it has got to do with the glass ???

I did not hear anything driving home,but if it is not solved,they promised me they will give me a loan car,and keep mine until it gets sorted out...

Mentioned it might have something to do with the body seals ???
If that is the case,which they doubt,they will get Honda Australia involved..........................

limleong
24-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Car was in for the day today,and I got my new seat fitted,which looks very similar to the origional one...maybee a bit better though.

Mirror was adjusted,and I took the top technician on a drive,who heard the rattle.
Spent a few hours lubricating all the windows and channels,as is convinced it has got to do with the glass ???

I did not hear anything driving home,but if it is not solved,they promised me they will give me a loan car,and keep mine until it gets sorted out...

Mentioned it might have something to do with the body seals ???
If that is the case,which they doubt,they will get Honda Australia involved..........................

I hope your rattle problem is now fixed permanently ...

What is it with the body seal? Do they mean the rubber seal around the door frame? It must be a serious enough problem in order for them to get Honda Aust involved.

antony
24-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I hope your rattle problem is now fixed permanently ...

What is it with the body seal? Do they mean the rubber seal around the door frame? It must be a serious enough problem in order for them to get Honda Aust involved.

I also hope the rattle is gone.
No,the seal around the door frame has been replaced on the left side.

They just mentioned that if the rattle has not gone,it may be because of body flexing,in which case they will have to involve Honda ...

I say lets be positive,and truly hope that all these silly,but very annoying issues are behind us now ..................................

Irving
26-08-2010, 07:26 AM
I have had my CU2 for 20 months now & the only problem was very mild, intermittent PCS, other than that it is faultless.

This is the same with my car. I have no other complaints except how HA have brushed this issue aside.
Look. after 3 tanks or so the PCS settles down when using BP Ultimate but it is still there in a very "mild" form and you need very good hearing and know what to listen for.
However, there are still a lot of CU2s out there that simply PING (not PCS). I have heard several.

BTW Didn't you say that your car didn't have PCS?

buddah51au
26-08-2010, 09:40 AM
This is the same with my car. I have no other complaints except how HA have brushed this issue aside.
Look. after 3 tanks or so the PCS settles down when using BP Ultimate but it is still there in a very "mild" form and you need very good hearing and know what to listen for.
However, there are still a lot of CU2s out there that simply PING (not PCS). I have heard several.

BTW Didn't you say that your car didn't have PCS?

I have stated before that my PCS issue was resolved 17,000km ago with no further issues at all. As a matter of fact it was the dealer that contacted me to resolve the issue as it wasn't originally bad enough for me to warrant a complaint.

Irving
27-08-2010, 09:24 AM
No Disrespect intended but I believe that "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON and even Caltex or Shell 98RON. It's a case of having sensitive hearing and knowing what to listen for.

If HA wishes to dispute this statement they are welcome to repute it here.

buddah51au
27-08-2010, 10:36 AM
No Disrespect intended but I believe that "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON and even Caltex or Shell 98RON. It's a case of having sensitive hearing and knowing what to listen for.

So what your saying is that someone who has spent decades in the motor industry doesn't know what to listen for, lets get serious please. I dispute that statement completely.

Irving
27-08-2010, 11:20 AM
So what your saying is that someone who has spent decades in the motor industry doesn't know what to listen for, lets get serious please. I dispute that statement completely.

Possibly or it may be a hearing issue....

buddah51au
27-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Did you ever think for a minute that your comments might be misguided, I think we have been down this track before. Why don't you come for a trip to central QLD & prove me wrong, instead of making me laugh. I would like to know what mechanical qualifications you have?

Irving
27-08-2010, 05:06 PM
With all due respect, most Mechanics are simply Grease Monkeys. The bulk of the work are Oil Changes, Break Pad replacement, changing drive belts and timing chains and maybe change a gasket in an engine. It's mostly "Monkey see, Monkey do" stuff.
Put a complex new engine in front of them and even the factory trained Honda Mechanics have stuffed up [I refer to the SW upgrade in the CU2].

buddah51au
27-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Lmfao, so your now saying anyone can do transmission rebuilds, both Auto & manual, rebuild diffs, engines ETC. Just because of your bad experience you seem to think everyone is the same. Oh, there is no such thing as a factory trained mechanic, can you imagine in this case you would first need to learn the Japanese language, followed by an apprenticeship in a production plant that builds new cars. some mechanics attend 1 or 2 day training courses, but that doesn't make them factory trained. A mechanic could be working for Honda this month, BMW next month, Hyundai the following month so how can you call them factory trained.

We seem to be going over old ground again, so regard this as my last reply to someone with NO MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE.

praja6
27-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Irving, just a kind advice, i dont know anything about car engine, but its not good idea teasing any profession with so called MOney etc etc. its always good to respect any type of profession.
One or two mechanics may be messed up the engine, but i dont think everyone is same..For my knowledge mechanics also here in Australia needs to go for special courses and update their skillsets time to time. I don't think anyone turn out to be a mechanic like a handyman with knowing few tricks. Don't think i am backing up Buddah, just generally saying its always good to respect each and every profession.
Thanks.

Irving
28-08-2010, 07:05 AM
You have stated that you have driven over a Dozen CU2s and never heard the PCS.

So what we have here is a self professed expert who knows nothing about the said issue.

buddah51au
28-08-2010, 03:55 PM
yes, i have driven over 3 dozen CU2 Autos after the Software modification was carried out, Each over an 84 km test loop. I know who thinks he is the expert & that is a person with NO MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE. After all, you were the one that stated & I quote "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON" end quote. Lets leave it at that & stop covering old ground.

limleong
28-08-2010, 05:50 PM
For the record:

My 2010 Euro Wagon (MY09) has PCS (Post Combustion Sound). I cannot hear the PCS because I can't hear certain sound frequency. However, my wife (who has professional music training) can hear it from day 1. The PCS was fixed by Honda a couple of week ago (Knock Sensor + Software Update) and since then she can't hear any PCS. So the fix does work !!

buddah51au
28-08-2010, 07:13 PM
It would be interesting to get a poll going for CU2 owners who had the PCS issue & it was fully / partially resolved after the update was applied , or owners that have never had the problem. What do you think Aarong?

The only downside I can see is that i suspect only a minor percentage of CU2 owners use this forum.

albii
28-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I picked up my euro with the pcs, had the fix and still get the occasional pcs.
Got a letter from Honda Australia which stipulates that they will cover any engine damage for the life of my ownership which is caused by the pcs.

limleong
28-08-2010, 07:29 PM
It would be interesting to get a poll going for CU2 owners who had the PCS issue & it was fully / partially resolved after the update was applied , or owners that have never had the problem. What do you think Aarong?

The only downside I can see is that i suspect only a minor percentage of CU2 owners use this forum.

I fully support your idea. The only issue is some people may mistaken normal engine noise as PCS or people like me who can't hear certain sound frequency. Never the less, it will be interesting to see some real life stats from members.

I also know of a fellow NZ member who had the fix applied recently and the PCS went away completely after the fix.

antony
28-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Guess what guys...

My car was in for the day on Tuesday to get the rattle fixed,and it was perfect until Friday morning,when it returned...intermittent,but bad.

I dont know what to think anymore,besides huge disapointment.

It is now booked in for a week in 2 weeks time.
Will keep you updated.

Irving
29-08-2010, 09:03 AM
I would like to point out that for a “PERSON WITH NO MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE” I have identified a complex “issue” which obviously you haven’t....So I question YOUR EXPERTISE and/or YOUR HEARING.

For the record I am an Electronics Engineer with nearly 30 years of troubleshooting experience. I have worked in many countries including USA, UK, Vietnam & Australia. My qualifications are well recondnized. Thank You.

Irving
29-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I picked up my euro with the pcs, had the fix and still get the occasional pcs.
Got a letter from Honda Australia which stipulates that they will cover any engine damage for the life of my ownership which is caused by the pcs.

Similar to my case (mild PCS at 2200 RPM out of the showroom) After the upgrade car PINGED a lot. Got ECU and Knock Sensor Mapping RESET. Three tanks later, I get OCCASIONAL PCS but I have to use BP ULTIMATE. If you have the radio on or talking etc, you won't hear it. It is very mild!!
Got letter from Honda that they will cover engine damage.

CB7_OWNER
29-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Early model Euros, had detonation problems/ ping problems, sound can be heard when load is put on the engine. Simple fix, R & R knock sensor.

All euros to date, seem to have this common problem, > distorted speakers. Simple fix, R&R new speakers. Problem comes back sometimes.. cause the ones they replace it with are same basically.

Dash trim around the headunit, can bubble up. R&R entire front dash is the solution here.

buddah51au
29-08-2010, 10:46 AM
The way I read the response so far is that myself, TypeRpositive, Denot, limleong & his friend have either had the pinging issue resolvedor in type R's case never had it initially, while alibi & Irving have not. That is 5 happy customers & 2 not so happy.I could possibly add Praja to that list of no PCS, but I don't know him well enough & his car is still fairly new. So far we have 71% of this small sample without the problem.

So much for the statement "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON" It has already in this small sample been proven incorrect.

What I will not do is bring in to the equation the number of people i personally know who have had the issue resolved as they are unable to speak for themselves. I would have to double check with my dealership regarding their figures, but from memory I think the number of complaints was between 45 & 50 to date, with 4 or 5 of those still having very mild PCS.

Lets keep the feedback coming.

albii
29-08-2010, 12:44 PM
The way I read the response so far is that myself, TypeRpositive, Denot, limleong & his friend have either had the pinging issue resolvedor in type R's case never had it initially, while alibi & Irving have not. That is 5 happy customers & 2 not so happy.I could possibly add Praja to that list of no PCS, but I don't know him well enough & his car is still fairly new. So far we have 71% of this small sample without the problem.

So much for the statement "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON" It has already in this small sample been proven incorrect.

What I will not do is bring in to the equation the number of people i personally know who have had the issue resolved as they are unable to speak for themselves. I would have to double check with my dealership regarding their figures, but from memory I think the number of complaints was between 45 & 50 to date, with 4 or 5 of those still having very mild PCS.

For the people that still have the pcs after the fix, it is apparant that something else needs to be implemented to resolve their issues and not simply brushed off and told that some noise is normal by HA.
Will agree that putting a % on this issue is silly and will also agree that some cars would have it and the owners simply would be none the wiser.

buddah51au
29-08-2010, 01:02 PM
For the people that still have the pcs after the fix, it is apparant that something else needs to be implemented to resolve their issues and not simply brushed off and told that some noise is normal by HA.
Will agree that putting a % on this issue is silly and will also agree that some cars would have it and the owners simply would be none the wiser.

I totally agree with what your saying, but to state that the PCS problem can be reproduced in every CU2 is a clearly wrong & misguided statement. I also believe that some dealers have not handled this problem professionally. As an example, my Dealership has & is carrying out the Knock Sensor Replacement & Software upgrade to every CU2 as it comes in for service, whether a complaint has been lodged or not. I don't believe that would be the case with every Dealership.

Let me put up another question that I have my own theory on, why is the PCS much more common on Auto's than manuals? I believe I have the answer, but it is only an opinion. Actually, given the right driving style, which is against everything I have ever been taught, I can replicate the same issue in some manual's pre the upgrade.

CB7_OWNER
29-08-2010, 02:18 PM
whats "pcs"?

praja6
29-08-2010, 09:58 PM

Buddah,

Yes my car is fairly new 4months old and mostly i do drive it as a weekend car. It clocked up only just over 1000 +km so far. I dont hear anything unusual so far, may be my hearing is not so sensitive like others here? Or may be the issue has been already resolved for the car. Mine is built date january 2010 My10 base euro auto in silver. I wouldn't say i am a gentle driver, initially as this is the 1st big car i had some rough driving as well. Still the car is very solid and happy, except couple of times with my misjudgement i hit the alloy wheel in the kerb and recently the front bumper in my fence. Other than that all good. Also from beginning i am only using BP ultimate which is RON 98... This may be also the reason i dont hear pinging?

FIngers cross ping wont be in my car..

H.T
29-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I would like to know how you got the letter from Honda about covering the engine for any damage due to their "PCS" despite mine continueing, they won't give a guarantee in writing!

To put it simply and kindly antony, you have bought a lemon, just like myself and many other members, and the worst part about it, is that unless you sell it for a HUGE loss, your stuck with it...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

It could be such a great car.

praja6
29-08-2010, 11:53 PM
I would like to know how you got the letter from Honda about covering the engine for any damage due to their "PCS" despite mine continueing, they won't give a guarantee in writing!

To put it simply and kindly antony, you have bought a lemon, just like myself and many other members, and the worst part about it, is that unless you sell it for a HUGE loss, your stuck with it...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

It could be such a great car.

HT, i don't think anthony is having the ping issue like others having here. According to anthony it seems like some kind of rattle.. Mine is Jan 2010 My 10 buit base auto and i don't have ping issue at all, the car is very smooth. i think Anthony's car was built around in May 2010 My 11 and i dont think he is having ping issue and seems like kind of some new issue and fingers cross HA will give some good answer to Anthony.

Irving
30-08-2010, 08:45 AM
I have long tried to work toward a resolution to this issue and in the process had to argue on this forum that this problem still exists. Now that we are at some sort of agreement that the PCS problem still exists in at least “some” cars it is surprising that HA still won’t do anything to resolve the remaining problematic cars.

First, it must be explained that there are two issues here, Pinging and PCS (Post Combustion Sound). I was told that when the CU2 was first released, most PINGED badly (especially automatics). My car 6MT didn’t do this. It had mild PCS at 2200rpm. After the botched fix, my car PINGED BADLY. Then after the EMC and Knock mapping reset, I had PCS for three tanks of BP ultimate. Now it’s mostly fine with BP ultimate.

Pinging sounds like rattling marbles and PCS is the sound that you may hear due to secondary combustion on the downstroke. It is more like a click, click when the engine rpms rise to 3400rpm. In my car it can be reproduced with Shell or Caltex fuels. However, with BP ultimate it is much more difficult to reproduce and is rarely heard. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT FACT. It means that the timing of the engine requires further retardation. However, doing this may reduce power output.

It can also be argued that some PCS is actually good, as these secondary detonations on the downstroke add to the power output. I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS about engine responsiveness and acceleration when using BP ultimate. Infact, performance of the car is exceptional for a car of this size.

My complaint is as follows: The specified fuel is 95RON. Even 98RON Shell or Caltex causes my car to PCS badly. BP ultimate almost eradicates this issue to the point that most will not notice that this an issue. What this means is that with further engine management enhancement (SW tweaking), it should be possible to completely eliminate this issue. Honda are the only people who can do this.

My point in all this is that the CU2 could be such a great car but is let down by this issue which could have been completely resolved if it had not been brushed aside.

antony
31-08-2010, 07:02 PM
HT, i don't think anthony is having the ping issue like others having here. According to anthony it seems like some kind of rattle.. Mine is Jan 2010 My 10 buit base auto and i don't have ping issue at all, the car is very smooth. i think Anthony's car was built around in May 2010 My 11 and i dont think he is having ping issue and seems like kind of some new issue and fingers cross HA will give some good answer to Anthony.

My engine has no rattle at all,the rattle that is very intermittant,but so annoying,is inside the car.

Either B pillar/door panel/window/roof.

My new seat also looks average.

Maybee thats how its meant to look ??? with creases in the bolstering.

euro1603
31-08-2010, 09:52 PM
that would sux, given the that its a new car, but many would agree that cars like plastic models these days.. its just not built as though as they're use to be.. i have civic 96 ek4 as a second car.. paid $34k for a gli brand new back in 96.. thats a freggin lot of dosh for a small sedan, but its so much better built then my 3 year old cl9.. i just feel the panels are much tougher on my civic and the plastic use inside is of better quality.. thats is why i find it hard to justified paying showroom prices these days.. hope you have all your problems fixed mate.. i get my euro service at doncaster honda, my friend has a hook up there so i get a small discount, as for the quality of the servivce.. i guess its just a service.. i didn't ask them to do anything so can't gauge if they're good or not..

praja6
31-08-2010, 09:55 PM
its true nowadays cars are not as strong as used to be. I believe they made the bumpers very soft for the pedestrian safety rating. I just hit the front bumper in my fence with very mild turn and the bumper clip broken....Just imagine if kids throw the toys on the car...i can't imagine it.....

antony
31-08-2010, 10:13 PM
that would sux, given the that its a new car, but many would agree that cars like plastic models these days.. its just not built as though as they're use to be.. i have civic 96 ek4 as a second car.. paid $34k for a gli brand new back in 96.. thats a freggin lot of dosh for a small sedan, but its so much better built then my 3 year old cl9.. i just feel the panels are much tougher on my civic and the plastic use inside is of better quality.. thats is why i find it hard to justified paying showroom prices these days.. hope you have all your problems fixed mate.. i get my euro service at doncaster honda, my friend has a hook up there so i get a small discount, as for the quality of the servivce.. i guess its just a service.. i didn't ask them to do anything so can't gauge if they're good or not..
I had a Jetta before,which seemed more solid than the Euro ???

antony
13-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Taken in today,given a Jazz to use for a few days........

antony
18-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I got a brand new seat,which I am finally completely happy with,as it does not have any wrinkles.

Honda kept my car for 3 days to investigate the annoying rattle.

I got my car back,and the next day ,heaerd the rattle again.
It had disappeared for 3 weeks.

I dont know what to do,as know that the dealer has no clue where it is coming from,or how to fix it...................................

ricsvtr
18-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Seems like Honda's quality control has taken a big dive lately...

praja6
18-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I got a brand new seat,which I am finally completely happy with,as it does not have any wrinkles.

Honda kept my car for 3 days to investigate the annoying rattle.

I got my car back,and the next day ,heaerd the rattle again.
It had disappeared for 3 weeks.

I dont know what to do,as know that the dealer has no clue where it is coming from,or how to fix it...................................

NIce to hear Anthony they changed the seat again.. YOU mean the rattle is back again? What best Honda can do is give you a brand new CU2 and keep your one to investigate and find out the issue...

antony
18-09-2010, 01:10 PM
The seat is perfect,but yes,the rattle has never been fixed,even by lubricating door seals,tightening windows,and refitting the door panel.

This is really a small issue,but very annoying,expecially as the car is so very quiet inside.

What I need to do is drive,and as soon as the rattle starts,go straight to my dealership,who will then investigate further.

Or maybee try out another dealership ??/

chunsa
18-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Rattles are really hit and miss unfortunately.

I get a small noise from the leather material that's behind the steering wheel. A quick push and readjustment sometimes fixes it and then it will come again. Also noticed a noise just underneath the LCD screen - if you hold it down with your finger the noise seems to disappear. Hope you don't find it too annoying and enjoy the other aspects of the car!

antony
19-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Rattles are really hit and miss unfortunately.

I get a small noise from the leather material that's behind the steering wheel. A quick push and readjustment sometimes fixes it and then it will come again. Also noticed a noise just underneath the LCD screen - if you hold it down with your finger the noise seems to disappear. Hope you don't find it too annoying and enjoy the other aspects of the car!

It is really annoying,and I hope it gets resolved fully soon,but as you correctly say,this is a hit and miss issue.

ricsvtr
19-09-2010, 11:23 AM
What best Honda can do is give you a brand new CU2 and keep your one to investigate and find out the issue...

I doubt they would ever replace a faulty vehicle with a brand new one, it'd probably be cheaper for them to keep repairing the faulty vehicle under warranty. If they were to replace the vehicle they'd end up with a second hand vehicle which they would then have to fix anyway in order to sell on the secondhand market

antony
19-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I doubt they would ever replace a faulty vehicle with a brand new one, it'd probably be cheaper for them to keep repairing the faulty vehicle under warranty. If they were to replace the vehicle they'd end up with a second hand vehicle which they would then have to fix anyway in order to sell on the secondhand market

I dont expect a new car because of a rattle,but I did not expect rattles in my new Euro.
This is my second one ,and nothing seems to be helping,as it is very intermittant.
At least the seat issue is now resolved...

bk212
20-09-2010, 01:13 PM
On your description this probably won't help but just in case: I had a hard to diagnose rattle inside my CU2. Turned out the little silver insert in the lid of the front cup-holder was loose. A little bit of araldite fixed it up.

Type R Positive
20-09-2010, 04:36 PM

I even got the acoustic module we got to listen to our turbines at work and had a listen to my engine.
Got a GE turbine engineer to check it out too. Found nothing. I'll see if I can get a print out.......

Sensitive hearing? LMFAO! Bet you can't even come close to that!......

Can be reproduced in any CU2? Don't think so Timmah!

Irving
22-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Can you specify how you conducted your tests. What criteria were set for the testing etc....

Type R Positive
22-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Can you specify how you conducted your tests. What criteria were set for the testing etc....
Step 1. Stick modules to engine and exhaust.
Step 2. Try and produce ping/pcs any which way humanly possible.
Step 3. grin.
Step 4. proceed to take pics of engine bay with thermal imaging camera.

buddah51au
22-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Step 3. grin.

Glad to see that i am not the only person that thinks the statement "mild PCS can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON" is a gross & misinformed comment. I believe both Type R & myself have early build CU2's, 1 manual & 1 Auto that do not have the problem. So that comment is shot to pieces.

Type R Positive
23-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Pity that others here have problems with their Euro.
My car was in the first shipment to Australia, build date May '08. I got just over 55,000kms on the clock now.
I have got no rattles, no squeaks, no snap, crackle or pops, nothing.

The only issue I got is the door sill plastics. They scuff up pretty easy........

Dodgy euro's might have something to do with the GFC?

Irving
23-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Step 3. grin.

Was the car on a Dyno when you did this or was it stationary?
Can You attach a photograph of the Acoustic Module and how you attached it to the engine while you drove around (if this is what you did).

The build date of my car is also May 08 with 11201 Kms on the clock (I prefer to drive my 14 year old 200SX)...
Maybe, your cars came out of a DIFFERENT FACTORY???? LOL

Type R Positive
23-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Man, I have never seen a more negative person than you....

I'll see what I can do when I get back into work, and if the GE specialists are still here.

buddah51au
23-09-2010, 11:51 AM

I'll see what I can do when I get back into work, and if the GE specialists are still here.

Be careful Matty, I will let you take over the argument now as i have had enough ..... lol
31,000kms on mine now, no issues at all except for the initial VERY MILD & INTERMITTENT PCS which was fixed without me lodging any complaint - great Dealer Service. I guess the only other problem would be it doesn't use enough fuel .....lol. 31,000 km average is 7.1

89superstage
23-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Pity that others here have problems with their Euro.
My car was in the first shipment to Australia, build date May '08. I got just over 55,000kms on the clock now.

The only issue I got is the door sill plastics. They scuff up pretty easy........

Dodgy euro's might have something to do with the GFC?

...add mine to that list, May 08 built, has had 1 'ping' fix earlier this year and is sweet as..........

Irving
23-09-2010, 12:20 PM

I believe the word is Persistent...

My complaint is that this issue should be investigated by HA on the remaining problematic cars. It could well be a bad batch of Knock Sensors or bad installation. HA needs to fix this issue on the remaining cars. This is not too much to ask.

antony
23-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Today I have heard a few creaks coming from the left front part of the dashboard I think...which will be monitored.

I am so jealous of all of you who have not had a rattle out of their Euros.

In under 4 months,2 new seats,3 rattle issues...........and only 5000 kilometers.

My Jetta was better....

JustRight
24-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Today I have heard a few creaks coming from the left front part of the dashboard I think...which will be monitored.

I am so jealous of all of you who have not had a rattle out of their Euros.

In under 4 months,2 new seats,3 rattle issues...........and only 5000 kilometers.

My Jetta was better....

Mate that has got to be incredibly bad luck. I have a March 2010 build, 2011 model CU2 Lux manual. The car is faultless, no rattles, no nothing, although I have ditched all the crappy plastic speakers before they started failing :-) This is my third Honda and it is the best yet. I know that does not help you, but if you can you need to stick with it and see if your dealer can resolve these issues.

Cheers.

Meemoo
24-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I guess the only other problem would be it doesn't use enough fuel .....lol. 31,000 km average is 7.1

Move to the city you cowboy!!! lol my average 10/100 in sydney traffic.

buddah51au
24-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Move to the city you cowboy!!! lol my average 10/100 in sydney traffic.

Why would I do a silly thing like that, nothing beats a quiet, peaceful country town, fresh air, mud crabs & fish 200 meters from your back door. City life - no thanks.

Meemoo
24-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Well .. you want to fix your fuel problem dont ya? :P

Irving
24-09-2010, 10:47 AM

As I stated previously, my CU2 is also May 08 build and I have no other complaints except the PCS after the ping fix.
So it seems that something sh*t was done to my car during the ping fix... I have had the EMC and SW checked out three times.
What is left is the Knock Sensor, which I believe is worth troubleshooting.

I will be travelling to UK in a couple of weeks and will not be back for sometime (several months ++).
I encourage others with the PCS issue to have their dealer replace the Knock Sensor again.

If Type R's CU2 does NOT PCS (same build as my 6MT), then the replaced knock sensor is worth investigating.

antony
24-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Mate that has got to be incredibly bad luck. I have a March 2010 build, 2011 model CU2 Lux manual. The car is faultless, no rattles, no nothing, although I have ditched all the crappy plastic speakers before they started failing :-) This is my third Honda and it is the best yet. I know that does not help you, but if you can you need to stick with it and see if your dealer can resolve these issues.

Cheers.
The truth of the matter is that as far as cars go,I have had incredably bad luck this year,starting with the hail,which damaged my Jetta,the insurance company who insisted on writing it off,and a new car which I thought would be faultless,and has been more annoying than any other I have owned.

antony
28-09-2010, 06:52 PM
I took my car in today,but dealership could not hear the little vibration,and did not come with me to places where it happens every day.

I finally sent Honda Australia an e-mail,saying how disapointed I am with this car.

I wonder if I will receive a reply ???

I might have to either insist the dealer comes with me on a drive using my route,or I will have to try another dealer ???

ozscott
29-09-2010, 11:05 AM
My Euro is now a year old and 35,000k. It has been amazing in all respects. NO rattles, noises (other than the throaty alfa like exhaust note :)). It has been far better in terms of fit and finish and rattles/noise than German cars of the year (ie current) that I have driven and been in.

Cheers

antony
29-09-2010, 09:17 PM
No calls or e mails yet from Honda ...I will keep you posted.

antony
17-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I have been waiting for 3 weeks now,but really frustrated.
I have 2 rattles driving me crazy,2 resolved issues,and the days,weeks,and months are flying by.

I sent Graeme Smith at the Herald Sun motoring section a letter,lets see if this gets any response.

I have said that I love the comfort,styling,performance and driveability of the car,but have been really disapointed with the build quality.
But what is worse is that NO after sales from Honda.

I wonder why they have fallen to 10th place on the new vehicle sales ???

I bhave been extremely patient,and all that I want is a perfect,rattle free car.

By the way,this was a MASSIVE purchase by me,I would hate to have to get rid of it because it frustrates me every day...

natnat
17-10-2010, 07:45 PM
i have rattles too coming from the boot area, even driving at 20km/h! :( the rattle has been going on since the first week i picked up the car.

was going to get it investigated during the first month's service last saturday at hornsby honda but was told it would have to be on a weekday to do so.

mine is a january 2010 build lux navi.

i think i should have insisted on getting a golf gti, at least if there is a rattle the exhaust and engine notes would overpower it :)

antony
17-10-2010, 08:27 PM
i have rattles too coming from the boot area, even driving at 20km/h! :( the rattle has been going on since the first week i picked up the car.

was going to get it investigated during the first month's service last saturday at hornsby honda but was told it would have to be on a weekday to do so.

mine is a january 2010 build lux navi.
My 4 previous cars were VWs,and never an issue.
If these rattles continue,guess what my next car will be ???

Mine is a April 16th built car.
i think i should have insisted on getting a golf gti, at least if there is a rattle the exhaust and engine notes would overpower it :)
My 4 previous cars were VW products,and all very good.
If these rattles continue,guess what my next brand of car will be ???
My Euro was built on the 16th of April 2010,MY11.
I have also owned a Ford and Holden,and we have had many Toyotas,BMWs,Mercedes,and Audis in the family...with VERY few issues.
The BMWs have probably been the worst,Toyotas and VWs the best.

natnat
17-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Toyota Rav4 was the car i owned the longest, 9 yrs! The only issue was the rear left spring was squaking due to friction to its seating, but was fixed easily.

This Euro, even driving on smooth car park surface the rattle is still happening when i turn the car at low 10kmh speed. This is very annoying especially being a quiet car (i would imagine Honda put a lot of sound deadening materials inside those thick doors) the very noise it creates is coming from the boot.

I also notice a part of the leather on the front seat seems creased compared to the remaining of the trim. I am not sure if this is done purposely or it was a mediocre off cut that they decided to stitch to the seat anyway.

praja6
17-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Toyota Rav4 was the car i owned the longest, 9 yrs! The only issue was the rear left spring was squaking due to friction to its seating, but was fixed easily.

This Euro, even driving on smooth car park surface the rattle is still happening when i turn the car at low 10kmh speed. This is very annoying especially being a quiet car (i would imagine Honda put a lot of sound deadening materials inside those thick doors) the very noise it creates is coming from the boot.

I also notice a part of the leather on the front seat seems creased compared to the remaining of the trim. I am not sure if this is done purposely or it was a mediocre off cut that they decided to stitch to the seat anyway.

Sorry to hear that rattle Nat. Mine is January 2010 built euro as well, but mine is base model bought from the same dealer as you bought it from.. Take it to rick damelian to fix the rattle, the downside is you may have to take a day off for this...Regarding the leather seat, i think good idea you take a photo of the seat part you mentioend got creased and put it here, then others got luxuary model may compare and tell its normal or not, then you can ask the dealer to change the leather wrap for the seat as well..

Good luck...

ricsvtr
18-10-2010, 08:59 AM
My 4 previous cars were VW products,and all very good.
If these rattles continue,guess what my next brand of car will be ???
My Euro was built on the 16th of April 2010,MY11.
I have also owned a Ford and Holden,and we have had many Toyotas,BMWs,Mercedes,and Audis in the family...with VERY few issues.
The BMWs have probably been the worst,Toyotas and VWs the best.

wow what a coincidence! Maybe on the 16th April the factory workers came in to work hung over or something??

antony
18-10-2010, 07:50 PM

I would insist that Honda sees a picture of the seat,because my seat also had creases in it,and to cut a long story short,I eventually got a brand new seat.

antony
18-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Well things are starting to roll...

Honda apparently never received my e mail,so I sent another...lets give them the benefit of the doubt...

My dealer heard the vibration today,said it sounds like a metallic sound...

Anyhow,the plan of action is that it is booked in from the 3rd of Novemver for a week,and the service technitian will use my car,and try figure out whats causing these rattles...

natnat
20-10-2010, 12:12 PM
i found the culprit that is causing the rattle. it is like a squarish metal piece attached to underneath of the rear parcel, between the sub and left speaker and just behind the middle safety belt roller plastic enclosure. anyone know what this thing is for? looks heavy and there is no cable attached, looks almost like a weight. when i bang onto it gently i can hear the same rattles, sound like something is loose inside.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1160/5098575012_b0cc3f8f37.jpg

JustRight
20-10-2010, 05:25 PM
i found the culprit that is causing the rattle. it is like a squarish metal piece attached to underneath of the rear parcel, between the sub and left speaker and just behind the middle safety belt roller plastic enclosure. anyone know what this thing is for? looks heavy and there is no cable attached, looks almost like a weight. when i bang onto it gently i can hear the same rattles, sound like something is loose inside.

Yep mate, I can help you there. That 'thing' is called the "Rear Parcel Shelf Dynamic Damper - With Premium Sound System".

The idea is that it is supposed to help offset and damp the vibration created by the sub-woofer. I also found that mine was a bit noisy, but its not actually loose, it will most likely be the spot welds around it giving off that annoying 'Crack' noise that they do.

What I did with mine was to carefully apply some load to the damper with a BIG screwdriver and distort the rear shelf panel. You will proably hear the cracking and creaking noises as you do it. After giving it a tweak, thump the underside of the parcel shelf with the heel of your hand and see if the 'noise' has diminished, or better still gone away.

If, on the other hand, the damper really is loose then the only way to deal with that is to remove the rear parcel shelf and tighten the retaining bolt. Removing the rear shelf is not that difficult if you want to have a go yourself, but you will need to spend approx $25 on two new retaining pins for the 'C' pillar trims which have to be removed. These pins are a one-use item. Better still, take it to your dealer and get them to do it :)

I managed to get mine quiet by tweaking the spot welds, but then ended up pulling out the rear parcel shelf and physically removing the joke of a factory sub-woofer and installing a Focal vented sub box in the boot. Along with my other big Focal speaker upgrade this gave the best result.

Anyway, good luck. Glad that you were able to identify the culprit.

Cheers.

PS: Just thought of something. Get someone to climb in the back seat and pull sharply on the third seat belt and 'lock' it. Then try hitting the damper and see if the noise has gone. If so, then the rattle could be the mechanism or mounting of the seat belt retractor, which is mounted just forward of the damper weight.

antony
24-10-2010, 11:53 AM
My baby has been great this week.

The left front vibration is gone...

The technician apparently tightened the door stopper,whatever that is,and that seems to have cured that one...

I hope so,because it has transformed the car into how it is meant to be...super quiet and refined.

So really enjoyed it a lot...

antony
27-10-2010, 10:06 PM
My enjoyment was short lived,as the vibration is well and truly back,especially when going over cats eyes with the front left tyre.

I had to call Honda Australia today.

It is going in next Wesnesday for a week.

Lets see what happens........................

antony
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Took my car in today...sob...so that the technician can use it himself,and try to get to the bottom of all these issues.

They have given me a Black new Jazz to use for the week.

schonda
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
They have given me a Black new Jazz to use for the week.

How's the jazz? Does it rattle?

I've had a 08 civic and that rattled a bit here and there over bumps, the euro is more solid but it has its occassional tiny rattle over bumps too. I reckon every car does if you concentrate or are sensitive enough to try and hear it.

antony
04-11-2010, 07:15 AM
The Jazz sounds okay.

My rattles have been more than the average sounds one hears when going over bumps,etc.

When your left door is vibrating,there is clearly something wrong......................

natnat
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Sue Honda Aust for loss of night sleeps, inconvenience (having to go back many times to service), disturbance to sanity, etc etc.... and ask for $100k compensation. then buy an IS350 F-Sport. Fixed :)

natnat
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
and another thing, having almost slipped on the Woolies fruit / veg section because your mind had been severely distracted by the rattles :P (and sue Woolies too for $750k)

antony
04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Ha ha,thats funny.
No natnat,I dont want to sue anyone...and I dont want a Lexus,would prefer a Euro luxury with satnav...lol.

My dealership called today to say the left vibration has been FIXED,it was not in the door panel,but something to do with the left front seat,and is perfect.

They will keep it for another couple of days ,and try rectify the intermittant rattle.

I have made a lot of noise,but think things are finally happening............

I want my Euro back,am missing it after the Jazzy Jazz.

Alpine
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow, what a story, antony. Am following it with great interest. I was about to buy a new Euro Lux Navi to replace my 1999 Civic Coupe.....but kinda put off by the idea now.

praja6
06-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I dont know Alpine, i have no issues with my Euro its My10, Jan 2010 built, bought in April this year. I believe Anthony might be the few unlucky with the rattle...

SInce Honda reduced the price by 2k, you can get a very good deal with negotiation.

antony
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow, what a story, antony. Am following it with great interest. I was about to buy a new Euro Lux Navi to replace my 1999 Civic Coupe.....but kinda put off by the idea now.

Well I am pleased to say that I collected my car today,and the left vibration is FIXED.

It had nothing to do with the door panel,it was the seat conrtol on the left front seat,which was vibrating.

I will update you on the intermittant RHS one,as that has not happened in about 3 weeks.

Alpine,the Euro is great,I looked at every new car on the market,but fell in love with this.It looks brilliant,is very comfortable,is great to drive,and goes so well...nippy,smooth,quiet,and reasonably economical.

It is not perfect,but which car is ???

It is such a good price now too,I say GO FOR IT,take the plunge.

Euro707
09-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys.........I haven't checked this forum for a few months. Then stumbled upon a post -I think by Irving.??

Yes, I am one of the luckless CU2 Lux owners with a pinging power plant @2000-3,500 rpm's.

Yes, I complained to :honda:
Yes, I had 3 "patch fixes"
Yes,I complained to the dealer (numerous times and threatened leal action:zip:)
Yes, I complained to Fair Trading

I always use to use Caltex Vortex 98 ROM.:thumbdwn:

But, I read some ones post here about Ultima.......ran the tank down to 15 kms.

Then filled the tank with Ultima

BINGO :):):):):):):):):):):)

Loads more power..... 7.1l /100kms(country) and LITTLE or no fkcukn PINGING.

I really gave it a good boot up Mt Ousley yesterday for the true test in S-mode and she lapped it up.

So its Ultima for me from now on. God knows whats in it ??/ I thought all petrol came out of the same Cat Cracker and we were just marketed different brands.

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth over the contempt from HA to me as a customer.
I have made damn sure lots of people know about how shite they are.

BUT- as they say in the Thai massage shops :

I got Happy Ending:eek:

antony
09-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I must admit that with my dealings with Honda,they were pretty useless,and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth too....

tumblingdice
10-11-2010, 12:20 PM
seems lots of CU2 owners have a few annoying quality issues. I get the occassional intermiitent rattle, but only very occassional otherwise id go nuts but stil not good enough. and my ashtray/cigarette lighter compartent is not flush and true and you needs a bit of jiggling and pushing to open and close sometimes.

my main problem now are the speakers. not even a year old and i get a distorted sound..driving me nuts.....has anyone had a similar problem or experience before i give the dealer a hearing problem?

89superstage
11-11-2010, 09:07 AM
seems lots of CU2 owners have a few annoying quality issues. I get the occassional intermiitent rattle, but only very occassional otherwise id go nuts but stil not good enough. and my ashtray/cigarette lighter compartent is not flush and true and you needs a bit of jiggling and pushing to open and close sometimes.

my main problem now are the speakers. not even a year old and i get a distorted sound..driving me nuts.....has anyone had a similar problem or experience before i give the dealer a hearing problem?

There have been a few reports, in this forum, of speakers blowing, some repeatedly.
So if your's have, then definitely take it back.
They will replace it under the warranty.

Rubes
04-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Wow
My friend is a racer and has his own workshop with his dad, and a while back he did some tests on different fuels. I can't remember all the results but i know BP was at the top and Caltex near the bottom. At the moment i use caltex 95 or 98, but after he told me the results and hearing your story i might make the switch.

As for Accord Euros, my Dad's is approaching a year old and it hasn't had any problems at all. I first thought it had a speaker problem but it turned out that the input volume on my ipod was too high for the car's stereo so we had to turn down the ipod and turn up the stereo, and it was all good.

Fredoops
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Sue Honda Aust for loss of night sleeps, inconvenience (having to go back many times to service), disturbance to sanity, etc etc.... and ask for $100k compensation. then buy an IS350 F-Sport. Fixed :)

Then your mates decides to screw with you by replacing lexus badge with toyotas... just for lols

Wow
My friend is a racer and has his own workshop with his dad, and a while back he did some tests on different fuels. I can't remember all the results but i know BP was at the top and Caltex near the bottom. At the moment i use caltex 95 or 98, but after he told me the results and hearing your story i might make the switch.

As for Accord Euros, my Dad's is approaching a year old and it hasn't had any problems at all. I first thought it had a speaker problem but it turned out that the input volume on my ipod was too high for the car's stereo so we had to turn down the ipod and turn up the stereo, and it was all good.
As far as I remember Caltex Vortex and BP Ultimate are out of the same refinery in Sydney.
BP Ultimate has got more "stuff" added to it which is why it's good/better.

I think the current packing order is:
BP Ultimate > Caltex Vortex > Shell V-power

Funnily enough, shell V-power is refined overseas (from New Zealand or Singapore can't remember which)... so it's not exactly 'fresh' when it arrives, and I think the octane rating deteriorates over time...

I want the 100 Ron Optimax back tho.

Irving
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Since shipping my CU2 to the UK, I have been using Shell V - Power and BP Ultimate which is rated at minimum 97 Octane. The BP Ultimate is superior IMO and there is NO PCS.
Unlike Ozzie V-Power, the stuff here seems a bit better and the car is less prone to PCS (invoking PCS is quite difficult). My choice is BP Ultimate as there seems to be an added advantage in fuel economy.

Fredoops
04-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Since shipping my CU2 to the UK, I have been using Shell V - Power and BP Ultimate which is rated at minimum 97 Octane. The BP Ultimate is superior IMO and there is NO PCS.
Unlike Ozzie V-Power, the stuff here seems a bit better and the car is less prone to PCS (invoking PCS is quite difficult). My choice is BP Ultimate as there seems to be an added advantage in fuel economy.
Well the UK V-power is made locally... ours is like weeks old by the time it gets here... go figure

I am interested to know if the harsher cleaning addictive in the BP Ultimate has any negative effect on engine oil...

PS: You SHIPPED a CU2 from here to UK?!? Why don't you just get a 2.2 turbo diesel lol:D

Irving
05-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Shell V-Power in Sydney was pretty crappy to say the least. Caltex was much better and BP ultimate holds together with better economy (atleast in a pinging CU2). I discussed this several times in the past....
The additives in BP Ultimate has a cumulative effect on the engine and is supposed to improve combustion thus improving fuel efficiency. That's what I remember about it. Can look it up again if you wish.

Shipped the CU2 because they cost a bloody fortune over here LOL....Maybe I will trade it in for a BMW 5 Series LOL :thumbsup: or a three year old Merc S Class....:thumbsup:

Fredoops
05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Shell V-Power in Sydney was pretty crappy to say the least. Caltex was much better and BP ultimate holds together with better economy (atleast in a pinging CU2). I discussed this several times in the past....
The additives in BP Ultimate has a cumulative effect on the engine and is supposed to improve combustion thus improving fuel efficiency. That's what I remember about it. Can look it up again if you wish.

Shipped the CU2 because they cost a bloody fortune over here LOL....Maybe I will trade it in for a BMW 5 Series LOL :thumbsup: or a three year old Merc S Class....:thumbsup:
VW PHAETON!!!! BEST CAR EVER MADE! (lol)

praja6
05-01-2011, 04:20 PM
PS: You SHIPPED a CU2 from here to UK?!? Why don't you just get a 2.2 turbo diesel lol:D[/QUOTE]

I do believe european cars such as BMW or Merc are same price or just slightly higher than our Euro model. If you check BMW uk website, you can get a 5 series BMW for around 35k uk pounds(here the basic 5series is 95k aus$), where the japanese made our Honda accord (which is euro here) cost 31k pounds..

Fredoops
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I do believe european cars such as BMW or Merc are same price or just slightly higher than our Euro model. If you check BMW uk website, you can get a 5 series BMW for around 35k uk pounds(here the basic 5series is 95k aus$), where the japanese made our Honda accord (which is euro here) cost 31k pounds..
Honda always has been a bit more executive/upmarket than other Japanses brands tho... the euro accord is in the executive market, competing with A4's and C5's etc. Our accord Euro is their top spec, because we got the 2.4 liter, and europe got 2.0 liter as standard

Europe has a WAYYYYYY more robust and competitive 'non-dealer' sales network, car brokers etc, just pick up a UK version of Top gear magazine and flip to the advertisement section.

Unlike Australia (God bless the EU) car dealer dont just have to compete with ther car deals in your city/state. but car dealers from OTHER EU member countries as well. hence they are much more willing to bargain.

Consider this:
HONDA ACCORD 2.4 i-VTEC EX 4dr Auto - £24,501(AU$37,709) drive away, £2,614 off RRP
*Band K emissions, you'd be effing MAD to buy it tho, gonna cost arm/leg to run.
BMW 3 SERIES 320i M Sport 4dr Step Auto - £24,010 (AU$35,844) drive away, £5,320 off RRP
*Band G emissions, better than above

Now you know why there is More BMW 3's than god damn Modeos in UK lol

Irving
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
If you also consider the second hand car market in the UK, European cars such as BMW, Mercedes etc are going at bargain basement prices compared to Hondas.

When comparing European cars to Jap cars you also need to consider the following:
Japanese Yen:GBP and Euro:GBP and ofcourse how strong the A$ is atm

antony
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Irving,I did not realise you moved to the UK.

I beleive the Accord,our Euro,has a brilliant reputation there,and has been rated as the most reliable car for a few years now.

Do you see many Accords ???

I beleive that VW is also massive in the UK ???

Fredoops
06-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Irving,I did not realise you moved to the UK.

I beleive the Accord,our Euro,has a brilliant reputation there,and has been rated as the most reliable car for a few years now.

Do you see many Accords ???

I beleive that VW is also massive in the UK ???

Nah thats Skoda, they've been holding that title for like 3 years lol

Irving
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I have only seen a few CU2s on the roads. there is only one (demonstrator) at the local :honda:dealer, so, if you want one, it will have to be ordered.... Loads of Civics though.

:honda: reputation is pretty strong here with secondhand prices holding up much better than luxury German cars....

antony
06-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Nah thats Skoda, they've been holding that title for like 3 years lol

No ,Which ? and What car magazines rate the Accord as tops,and Honda as a manufacturer rates very highly in general in the UK.

The Skoda is basically a poor VW...

Fredoops
07-01-2011, 02:03 AM
No ,Which ? and What car magazines rate the Accord as tops,and Honda as a manufacturer rates very highly in general in the UK.

We're talking about ownership surveys here, tho, just to name a few...

What Car? - Reader Awards 2010 - Best Manufacturer
2009 Auto Express - Driver Power Survey Best manufacturer
2008 Auto Express - Driver Power Survey Overall winner
2007 Auto Express - Driver Power Survey Overall winner
2009 JD Power - Customer Satisfaction Octavia: Best Family Car
2008 JD Power - Customer satisfaction Survey, 2nd (lexus 1st, honda 3rd)
2007 JD Power - Customer satisfaction Survey, 2nd (lexus 1st, honda tied 2nd)

Skoda maybe a part of the VAG group...but it's by no means poor, have you sat in the new Superb?
Not that I'm taking it out on Honda but Skoda is like selling cars with quality of Honda's (and interior plastic quality that puts the MB C-class to shame) at the price of Hyundai/Toyota....

I mean do you remember on top gear what Clarkson said about Honda's in general? he refer them as 'pensioner' mobiles.
Despite all the cool stuff Honda had built, s2k/integras/nsx 'n' all, you'd most likely see a pensioner in a Jazz on UK roads than a cool dude in a s2k or Accord.
10-15 years ago, if I wanted a reliable and economical car in UK i'd probably get a Honda, but now there are more choices.

Irving
07-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Skoda Superb won Fifth Gear's 2010 Family car of the year.
http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/consumer-info/fifth-gear-family-car-of-the-year-award-2010

Fifth Gear's Tif and Viki also raced a CU2 in a 24 hour Le Mans race (although I recall that they had some issues with the after market ECU...)

As for Top Gear....LOL Just an Entertainment show now.....(Oh let's watch Clarkson do another burnout) Yawn!!!!

antony
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I am by no means knocking VW,I have had 4 of their products,and was very impressed.

The last one was a 2007 Jetta,which was in some ways better than the Euro...

Better rear legroom,much deeper boot,more features for the money,and more economical.

The Euro has many advantages over the Jetta too,but I think they are both excellent products.

As far as sales volumes go,VW seems to be very aggressive worldwide,whereas Honda seem to be a bit asleep.eg...Where is the diesel Euro,surely it would be a big hit in Australia ???