PDA

View Full Version : Tein HA or Type Flex coilovers?

corbz
31-12-2004, 05:22 PM
im looking at coilovers for a dc2r and have narrowed it down to some teins. im wondering what is the difference between the tein HA and type flex and which one would the better option, also which one is the more streetable coilover?

JINRAI
31-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Tein SS

corbz
31-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Tein SS

super street for the fact that they offer more 'comfort' than the other two? what are the spring rates for the SS and how do they stack up to the other two in handling?

JINRAI
31-12-2004, 06:03 PM
flex is abit pricey and HA is discont...check the webpage for the spring rates man...i dont remember these things

VTi-RT
01-01-2005, 12:06 PM
The SS is their lowest range, i don't think you get dampening control with them (correct me if i'm wrong). The Type-flex is more of a replacement of the HA's, and allows for the EDFC (electronic dampaning control).

I have the Type-Flex w/ pillow ball upper mount and the EDFC. Not having to remove the trim to adjust the rear dampening is a bit plus, that's if you have a gf that complains about bumpiness or if you do a lot of track work on your car and want to be able to adjust at a fingers tip.

[Blitz]
03-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Super Street's have 16 levels of damper control.

Your entry level Tein's are simply a shock and spring combo.

ORACER
03-01-2005, 11:48 AM
good for track, id say Tein HA + 16 levels of damper control w/
maximum of 3inch drop..

eknine
03-01-2005, 07:15 PM
neither :)

zacz
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
good question..........ive been wondering the same!

Do these TEINS give ride height adjustment as well as spring / damper rate adjustment?

Also - how does the ride compare to the stock suspension setup? I dont want to lose any comfort - but i would like to gain some comfort!

regards

zac

blackdc2
05-01-2005, 08:12 AM
good question..........ive been wondering the same!

Do these TEINS give ride height adjustment as well as spring / damper rate adjustment?

I have owned the flex and it allows you to adjust ride height, spring height and rebound rate.

Also - how does the ride compare to the stock suspension setup?
flex is a little bit stiffer, it is a street setup.

I dont want to lose any comfort - but i would like to gain some comfort!

regards

zac good luck....