PDA

View Full Version : dc2 airbox on ek civic

EK1 Civic
08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi im just wondering if putting a dc2 airbox is a direct fit onto the ek civic intake arm and if there is anything needed to complete this setup. I searched and found this post off a user and wondering if thats all i need?

"u need to get the dc2r intake box bracket that goes underneath it to support it just have to tap a 10mm hole into chassis rail to bolt on"

EK1 Civic
09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
So anyone can confirm thats all i need to get the setup going?

Alvis
12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Mmm... I'm not going to be much help but I'm sure someone would know... Have you checked out Honda-Tech in the US? Surely someone there has done it...?

Tai
17-08-2010, 02:07 PM
If you are using it with your D series it will not be a simple bolt on affair.

If you plan to use a DC2R intake arm with teh DC2R airbox then it will not line up with the dc2r bracket to hold the airbox and other bolts.

Reason being is the TB position on the D series is not the same as the B series.

So you have 2 choices, custom make a bracket to hold it into place for the airbox lined up for the intake arm

Or

Use an aftermarket intake arm to match the length and position of the airbox to use the original bolt holes and bracket

The bracket you need is obtained from DC2/DC4/DC2R

And you will need to make a thread in the chasis ( theres an empty hole ready for it ) by pot rivoting in a thread.