PDA

View Full Version : driver window problem in eg

ninzee
09-08-2010, 01:34 PM
hey

lately my driver side window has been coming off the rails every time i put the window down, the only way i can put the window down is if i got half way down n then up and do that a couple of times then i can go all the way down and the glass will stay in the rails.
i fixed it by taking off the door trim and taking out the glass and putting it back in the rails and that will fix it but if i leave the window up for 2-3 hours i will have do go down half way and up again a few times till it works properly, in the rain there is no chance going down or it will break strait away.

just wondering if any1 has experienced this and if/how they fixed it.

cheers

chow_tofu
10-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Is the two bolts that hold the window broken?

It could be just the rails that need lubricating, i think u need to put some silicone srpay on it.

ninzee
10-08-2010, 06:44 PM
na those bolts r still good
what would be a good lube 2 put on it and where would i need to put the silicone spray on it

chow_tofu
11-08-2010, 01:06 AM
i think WD-40 would work for temporay, however its the same type silicone you're meant to spray on your garage doors. (Garage doors have a silicone spray you can buy to lubricate it)

Just spray some WD-40 on the rails from top and move it up and down. Hope this helps.

ninzee
11-08-2010, 01:11 AM
thanks for the help i neva really thought that would be the problem but after thinking bout it you might b right thanks alot