PDA

View Full Version : S2K Headwork

5pecR
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey guys,
I'm lookin at changing the cams in my f20c. Hopefully it will help the dullness when its out of the vtec band. Has anyone done this before? I'm looking for first hand experience.

Most likely Toda camshafts with matching valve train. I've already changed my FD and plan on running either Haltech or budget permitting, Kpro or Autronic sm4.

Forced induction is not a consideration for now. Any help would be great.

JAP-S2K
09-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm assuming you have looked into the cost of doing what your considering, not cheap. IMO it isn't worth doing, as changing cams with head work will in some cases improve midrange but not always, all depends on what spec cams you get. As most focus goes towards outright power higher up in the rev range, even then the gains aren't enormous. If you want to stick with N/A tuning, then it would nearly be worth going for a larger displacement via a stroker kit. This would be a more logical choice with a fatter torque curve....... or your could go the easy route and go F/I.

5pecR
11-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I can understand going for bigger displacement but that will cost almost double what cams, valvetrain and tuning will cost. I don't factor in ECU because it is a mod that will carry through the life of the car.
I'm not chasing outright power, just better power delivery and maybe a little more power.

As I've said, forced induction is probably not on the agenda atm. I'd probably prefer to buy something that's turbo already like s15 where mods are cheap.

ludecrs
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I can hook you up with a brand new in box set of Toda ITB's for $2200 ono?

LEWD
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
If you dont like the power delivery of a s2000, dare I suggest you bought the wrong car! Its a high revving NA engine, it does what it says on the tin. If you are comparing the car to a s15, then you are not really getting it, just sell it and buy a s15. I had a s14a track car, loved it, but comletely different driving experience to a s2000...if you want a s2000 to drive like a s15, then buy a z4 3.5l

aznsiko
12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
be careful of what you hope for as you will not always get what you want..

5pecR
13-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I never really said anything about having it drive like an s15. All I said was to have better power delivery and I would NOT like to go FI as I WOULD rather buy an s15.

Everybody knows that the s2k is pretty ordinary below 6krpm hence the americans doing a 2.2L and the japanese have slight bump in compression. Each to his own. I just want better power delivery. If I wanted a turbo car, I would've kept my 32-GTR.

Luda - Is the ITB complete bolt-on with sensors? Cheers mate

NVD52K
13-08-2010, 01:39 PM
if you just want responsive power, should go toda spec A cams, exhaust and headers, air intake by password jdm. and tune with a vafc. although if you want to stroke your motor, itb's etc look into around about 20 - 30 k on parts and still have to install it to. trust me i have had all the parts ready to go in and pulled out last second lol a few years back and most people who have owned a s2000 can tell you as they were eager to hear about the build. If you need any info on where you want to go NA, i know most of the facts etc so just give me a PM.

foowoei69
19-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Ever thought of doin ur final gear? Change to a 4.4 or 4.7 something like that. That should help with low end power. U don't lose too much top end depending on the final gear u choose. Supposidly with the 4.4 ur top speed should still be around 240kph or so.

foowoei69
22-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Lol my bad. Says u already done it.