PDA

View Full Version : Car Wont start. GG help please.

chauster
09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
So i decided to reset my ECU this evening, i took out the battery and then went to do some other stuff. came back about 30 mins later and then put it back and now the car doesnt start.

I've checked all my Fuses in the engine bay and they are all fine. The car cranks but doesnt turn over. The battery is working cause my lights and all electronics work.

Help is appricated asap. thanks.

side note its a b18c7 in EG if that makes any difference.

aznstyler
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
push start

EK1 Civic
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Well to reset the ecu you dont take out the battery. When doing so did you take positive off first then negative? cause negative should come off first. Not sure if that will cause this issue, maybe someone else will help diagnose the problem. With the battery out it may have also discharged itself?

Jump start the car or get one of them packs that will start the car when you connect it to the battery and drive it for 10mins so the battery charges itself.

Thats the only things i can think of at the present. =/

chauster
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Previous owner didnt give me the remote adn said there was no immobilizer. So had to get it off him. Works now. thanks for advise.
close please

dougie_504
09-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Same thing happened to me not long ago. Reset my sh!t, car didn't start. I have no keyless, had no idea there was an immobiliser. Ended up looking around for a tiny button under my dash for about 10min until I found it LOL

thaizeg
09-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Just curious... I have a d16a8 that is having the same problem, it seems there was a relay spliced into two wires leading to the dizzy plugs. Would that be an immobilizer of some sort?
Car it went into never had an immobilizer. Would this be the reason it's not starting?

chauster
10-08-2010, 05:42 PM
im not sure thaizeg. but if it has an immobilizer it could be the case.