PDA

View Full Version : Wash your Jazz

terris08
01-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Hey, guys! Just wondering how often you guys wash and wax your beloved Jazz. Which particular car wash liquid/ wax polish do you guys use? Do you know any self-service car wash stations in which no staff petrol around to check if someone use bucket-wash??

Jus-10
01-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I would wash it ever 3 weeks or so but don't drive too much.

I just polished/waxed mine last weekend and ideally it should be done about every 6 months.

For me it is a 3 step process (after washing and bug/tar remover) using Meguires Gold Class range:

1. Paint cleaner to clean off all residual wax, polish and crap like that. It is like a mild abbrasive and removes small blemishes, and swirls.

2. Polish as this is what gives the car the shine.

3. Wax to seal it.

It takes a few hours (more like most of the day) but it's worth it.

My car is white so it's pretty easy. I used to have a black car and to get it near perfect took the better part of 2 days....

terris08
01-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for your advice. But what worries me is that I always have to park my car on street or open air carpark when I go to school (not undercover) so I worry that the metallic colour will fade over sometime in the exposure of strong sunshine and bird shit etc.....Can frequent washing & waxing prevent or delay the problem?

muli
01-01-2005, 01:09 PM
i love my cars colour but keeping it clean :mad:. On The vivid blue you see dust and dirt as soon as you wash it and take it for a spin but it does shine when polished, i guess most ppl say every 6months so i stick to it also

TypeG
01-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I clean with car shampoo every week due to I park it in an open air car park.
I wax it every 5 mths as wax it too often is not really good for new paint.

wyl03
01-01-2005, 09:54 PM
OMG, u guys put me to absolute shame :p

in the 6 mths i've had my car, i've "washed" it only once. never waxed it. i got the paint protector option offered by the dealer (yeah ... i'm a sucker :p) and was told not to use any type of car wash except for the yellow liquid wash they gave us.

ANYWAY, my car is black and attracts dust BIG TIME. absolutely shocking. :thumbdwn: probably the last time i'm getting a black car.
(long story as to why i got this colour in the first place)

oh .. the car gets a wash whenever there's a big downpour :D .. we need more rain!:D

TypeG
01-01-2005, 10:05 PM
lol
dun worry
the paint protector option is not a bad option if u going to keep yr car for ages

rokkuchan
02-01-2005, 04:15 AM
do u know what is actually done or added for paint protection? Is it 'Teflon' bonding substance??

Cos my old man is manager of Northshore Lexus in NewZealand and he brings me back couple of bottles of 'Teflon' paint protection that cost $300/bottle. He get for free of course...

Is that the paint protection?

I've used it on my car, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, heaps better than polish and wax put together!... Like a brand new car when its done...

I've used 2 bottles so far since 2003 and it's suppose to be a bottle per application per 3 years or something.

muli
02-01-2005, 10:35 AM
its probly MING paint protection

Jus-10
02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Waxing the car often is not the problem...polishing the car frequently (like every week or 2) is what you shouldn't do.

If your car is outside most/all of the time I would probably try and polish and wax every 3 to 4 months. The wax is the sealant/protector so it will make it so much easier to maintain on a regular basis. If you see bird crap or whatever on the car, just make sure you remove it ASAP. If you leave it on, it can eat at the paint, etc, but once the wax is on, it should come off pretty cleanly.

Your paint won't fade if you take relatively good care of it. You just need to have the time or inclination to actually want to go through the steps of polishing and waxing. There's no real quick and easy solution...you have to use good old elbow grease to get the best results.

FB008
02-01-2005, 07:31 PM
hmmm... i wash my car about once every 2 months, unless it gets really dirty very quickly... havent waxed it before and i dont know if i will actually do it...

otherwise i try to keep it clean as often as i can :)

civiceg9
03-01-2005, 12:53 AM
u get a choice of 2 colours with black cars
wash = black
unwash = grey hehe :D

Catcha
03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I usually wash when its either really dirty or when i run my fingers along the paint and it doesn't have the smooth feel to it

meguiars Soft gel
meguiars Clay Bar ( don't leave home without top stuff)
NXT generation WAX (great stuff easy to apply and take off)

Being doing this with my old lancer and it still looks brand new.

I use to wax my car every week but now i just do it when the surface is not smooth

TypeG
03-01-2005, 10:29 AM
wax every week?
u got a lot of time man
lol
jk

Catcha
03-01-2005, 10:15 PM
wax every week?
u got a lot of time man
lol
jk
Yeah back then i did at uni, but know it's like once every month for the jazz unless it really bad...been raining here so don't need to do it for a while

terris08
07-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry, 3 more questions....

Can you use the same towel/cloth to polish and wax your car?
Do you have to apply a bit of pressure when polishing and waxing?
How long do you have to wait for waxing after polishing?

Le3hy0r1
11-01-2005, 11:51 PM
when you first get the car, do you wax ? wash ? polish ? or all of it ?

Catcha
11-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Sorry, 3 more questions....

Can you use the same towel/cloth to polish and wax your car?
Do you have to apply a bit of pressure when polishing and waxing?
How long do you have to wait for waxing after polishing?
use different towels for differnt stuff, u got a pad to apply the wax and polish, and a towel to take the it off, i just use wax personally only and wash i cheat but it's worked for me,