PDA

View Full Version : clutch issue

slimx
10-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Ok OzHonda lets see how good you are.

Honda Integra 1990, B18 non vtec motor, YS1 gearbox manual, Standard clutch Apexi i think... something like that

Recently gearbox and clutch was changed... about a few weeks ago cars been fine since. Today im driving its pissing rain.. clutch suddenly starts feeling hard to press.. i pulled over pull up the bonnet check the cable.. area turn off the motor everythings fine..

start the car drive a bit more .. clutch gets harder n harder. starts making like a grinding noise when i press it.
Still gets in gear.. fine.. but does rattle alot in changing gears. (as if im not giving enough gas.. )

Tried re adjusting clutch but its at its limit. Now as i press it down makes a slight grinding noise.. as i press it and let it go.

Went to just a quick petrol station mechanic he reckons coolant got in (i had a tiny bit of a coolant leak from the hose) Can coolant do that :S ? i dno wtf is the problem its still very hard to drive rattles every gear except 4th to 5th because i barely need to even give gas for that.

slimx
11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Thread can be closed..

It was the hinge on the gearbox that the clutch cable connects to