PDA

View Full Version : defect or not ? what should i do ?

viinnh
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
hey guys okay so my rear currently sits alright not sure of defect ? but front sticks out about 2 fvckin centimeters im pretty sure thats defect ? would lowering the front make it have some natural camber and go in so it doesnt defect ? or i will 100% need camber kit ?? :S

http://i35.tinypic.com/1zq4k6p.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/35b9yq9.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/qnpk76.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/svj5sn.jpg

rear
http://i33.tinypic.com/okaij4.jpg

front
http://i36.tinypic.com/2j67evs.jpg

trism
10-08-2010, 07:51 PM
nah that should be right. youre practiaclly 4wd spec, so its fine.

viinnh
10-08-2010, 08:10 PM
LOL ohh okay , wait are you being sarcastic or for real ? :L

but would lowering the front give it natural camber to make it go in ?

JDM-EGG
10-08-2010, 08:14 PM
ahhaha you need to settle the **** down !! LOL HAHAHAHAHA relax man your car aint red hot its all good .. its 4WD

DC2-PWR
10-08-2010, 08:23 PM
4x4 with 2inch lift :p.

It's all good

pablos8
10-08-2010, 08:28 PM
how 16's didn't fit on your car i have NO idea lol

post some pics of your car as a whole :)

just saw some pics of it on fb, well done mate, its coming along really well :)

niiCk
10-08-2010, 08:37 PM
your cars not bad..
did you paint it recently?
yeah you should be fine..
you sure the offsets of the rims arent different?

viinnh
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
yeh i just got it painted like 2-3 weeks ago i think

im running spacers for my hub and wheels ,converters of l plate

btw, my guards a rolled as well the backs not bad sticking out a tiny bit luike not even 0.5cm the front is like 2cm about there which looks funny and the front ride height, i was planning to get some super lows on the front and hoping it would give some natural camber to just get it under the car

pablos8
10-08-2010, 09:03 PM
tbh i doubt it'll give you enough camber to tuck it, and to have tucked its gotta be lower than superlow springs as well

swap the front wheels to the back, will look better than your current setup imo

viinnh
10-08-2010, 09:05 PM
i see, but the front and rear offset and spacers are the same, im pretty sure . the look the same

[Cukup-1]
10-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Give us wheels and spacers spec. And yeah if you want to make it tuck you have to be pretty low maybe 1 finger gap? imo

viinnh
10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
rims are 4x114.3 stud 15x6 , offset not too sure but should be more then 40 (anyway of knowing ? back of rim doesnt say et or so ) tyres are 195/50
spacers are 25mm 4x100 to 4x114.3 stud conversion spacers

niiCk
10-08-2010, 09:51 PM
yes there is a way of knowing..
take the wheel off, and lay it flat down on a flat surface.
grab a piece of wood and put it across the rim..
then grab a measuring tape and measure the length from the ground to the bottom of the wood in millimetres..remember this number (this will be M1)

NOW..flip your wheel so that the inside of the rim is facing up..
put the piece of wood the same way as before..
but this time only measure from the centre of the wheel (ie: the flat part you place onto the hub of your car) to the bottom of the piece of wood again in millimetres..this measurement is now (M2)

now to find your offset,
grab your value of M2 and minus the value of M1

so..
M2-M1= your offset. BAM:D

viinnh
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
alright thanks nick, brb gonna do it right now

niiCk
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
no worries man:)
come pick up the stuff already lolol

viinnh
10-08-2010, 10:15 PM
LOL so far i should have payed john to get it for me hahaha, btw its 50 on the rims about there so then atm on the car is 25 offset >?

niiCk
10-08-2010, 10:26 PM
oh are you johns mate?
fk man LOL, yeah you shouldve:P
yeah well then you got +25 offset on your car..
you going to keep those wheels for long?
shouldve gotten a different set

viinnh
10-08-2010, 10:29 PM
na not close i just know him lol
yeh i shouldvee :(
yeh i should of but either way i wanna lower my front :S

you had super lows nick, you think it would tuck the front in ? i havent seen johns are in real life since he lowered it and rolled the guard , he has same offset as me now i guess hahhaa does his front look legal ? or still defect ?

JDM-EGG
10-08-2010, 10:32 PM
vinh , what wheels u planning to buy ? ur running 25mm spacers already so if u get new rims its gotta be high offset or else ur gonna be running +0 offset or even negative offset! ><

viinnh
10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
if iw as to buy new wheels that are 4x114.3 then more then 50 if thats possible ahha but if i do ill be more on 4x100 so i run NO spacers

atm i just wanna lower the front to hopefully get natural camber, the back should be okay i think, since its sticking out a little tiny bit like 0.5cm

pablos8
10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
or just get low offset 4x100 rims :D

JDM-EGG
10-08-2010, 10:39 PM
if iw as to buy new wheels that are 4x114.3 then more then 50 if thats possible ahha but if i do ill be more on 4x100 so i run NO spacers

atm i just wanna lower the front to hopefully get natural camber, the back should be okay i think, since its sticking out a little tiny bit like 0.5cm

haha well i was thinking u shouldve of not bought the spacers then .. cause that couldve went towards a axis og or sportmax =p lol

viinnh
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
yerh depends but i kinda like these rims for some reason, not too typical jdm dish rims that you see on every eg in cabra and the spacers make the car look tank. ill be soon looking for some cut springs and shock to
put on my car see does it give me natural camber before spending heaps on superlows or so .

or should i get my pedders cut ? either way im not gonna need them with new front sussy and they not worth much ?

edit : too jdm eg come too think of it 1 grand on rims im not really llooking forward into that . hahaha

JDM-EGG
10-08-2010, 10:51 PM
lol please dont buy cut springs ur just gonna waste your money .. just look for kings superlow u can find for like 100bucks second hand just keep ur eye out .

viinnh
10-08-2010, 11:02 PM
lol i was expecting cut to be like 20 bucks just to try see how it is before spending money on superlows that wont work :s unless im 900% + sure it wouldnt make my wheel stick out

i know ur wheels are 15 offset but i just want mine like that . just in

niiCk
10-08-2010, 11:03 PM
na not close i just know him lol
yeh i shouldvee :(
yeh i should of but either way i wanna lower my front :S

you had super lows nick, you think it would tuck the front in ? i havent seen johns are in real life since he lowered it and rolled the guard , he has same offset as me now i guess hahhaa does his front look legal ? or still defect ?

yeah shouldve, or couldve told me lol

yeah i had superlows..it wouldnt tuck as much as you think especially with your specs..
johns car sits flush, he lowered it 2 inches with the axis ogs and it sits flush, doesnt stick out like yours..
his one is legal..even his rears are now inside the guards..

DONT cut your springs..it'll feel like shit and you could die..the spring can pop out of its place on the shocks..
just get superlows for $100..or just go to kmac and custom make them for $300 brand new..any height and shiftness you want..
and i rekon sell your adaptors..get 4x100 wheels

niiCk
10-08-2010, 11:05 PM
lol i was expecting cut to be like 20 bucks just to try see how it is before spending money on superlows that wont work :s unless im 900% + sure it wouldnt make my wheel stick out

lol..$20 can possibly kill you-.-
you finally got your car regoed aye?
just go driving around like that, dont think you'd get busted for it..cars not even lowered like crazy..

viinnh
10-08-2010, 11:12 PM
ohh 2 inch drop ? he said hes on super lows, so super lows are only 2 inch drop ? damm .. i wouldnt mine like frans drop butt dam looks too much for me LOL
LOL na 20 just to tryy on too see the height and the natural camber thats all not to drive
apprently my rears maybe cut ! im not sure gotta check them out again
na didnt rego it yet

Zilli
11-08-2010, 07:34 AM
at the moment, the way it looks the car will be fine unless you are behaving like an idiot and give the cops reason to ass rape you.

However, you ave different total offsets front and rear, which lead me to think that you have staggerred rims (but i could be wrong), if all else is the sale there should be no reason why your fronts hang out so much... are both sides on the front the same?

viinnh
11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
yeh they are, but the back think there soemthing wrong maybe i need to turn corners and shit ? left side is like 0.3mm out right is like 0.5mm out . lol and wheel isnt buckled

niiCk
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
swap the fronts to the rears..
whats the point in doing all that if you havnt regoed?
chopping springs wouldjust waste your money and time

viinnh
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
na they both same thing same offset

btw are 195 tyres even right for 6 inch wheels ?

niiCk
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM
whats right? lol
it fits on the wheel doesnt it=P
could do with some stretch and you'll be fine

viinnh
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
na ima sell the spacers and wheels, **** it lOL im not up for this shitt doing this and that crap just on these crap wheels

please close thread mod . kkthanksbye

thanks for the hellp guys

im.Kusuma
11-08-2010, 11:46 PM
lol viinnh.. told ya you should'nt have bought the hub converters lolol -.-" like others said, it was a waste of money.. LOL
and yeah dont go for chop springs, like nick said.. its shit.. lol.. very shit.. I wouldnt mind it for 2hr photoshoot with it.. but.. for daily driving.. *no no*
Or if u just wanna kill time.. use no springs, just shocks :D lol drop to its asssssss ;)

Get superlows or lows? i got a set for a bargain from here.. $100 :thumbsup: whole set with free shocks :D
Just keep on a look out for springs and etc. Time will come :)
just be patient...
And for your next set of rims.. get something that actually look decent.. lol
get something like 15x7 +25? or in between of +20 to +35.. that way, it'll look nice, and doubt it you'll scrub as much.

good luck!

I'll do it for u for free :) haha 2sec job