PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator?

notJDM
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Wondering,

- Is there a way to make the accelerate pedal more tight? Because mine feels soft, I drive some cars and the pedal is firm and hard when pressed down, where mine is really soft to press down?

Thanks

EK1 Civic
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
yes you can. Basically find the throttle cable, its connected to the throttle body, its connected to the piece tat lets u rev the engine from the engine bay *if tat helps u find it easier*. In my Ek i required a 12m wrench. There is a nut connecting the cable to a metal holder looking thing, untighten it and turn the other nut with your finger and pull the cable further away from the throttle body, do bit by bit till you find the desired pedal feel. Make sure you leave a tad of slack on the pedal, if its all tight/firm once u take your foot of the pedal it wont drop its revs to normal. Just leave enough that you can push the pedal wit your fingers and feel a tad of freeplay *contact that it doesn't rev the engine* Hope i explained it right, its kinda dark but if u still want i don't mind going outside and taking a pic of the thing on my ek to help u.

notJDM
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks,
Will try find this when I'm free and a pic would also be good,
Does this increase speed or anything if you tighten the accelerate cable??

dougie_504
11-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Just responsiveness maybe

EK1 Civic
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I did it for my mate in 2mins. I'll take pic 2morro since your not gonna do it tonight then. It will not increase speed, but makes the car more enjoyable. I use like 2cm of the whole pedal now for daily cruising? compared to 5cm and it would rev harder when it was loose and got it to the point when the pedal worked. It will be more responsive and less pedal work needed.

dougie_504
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Also check out Beeza's DIY (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?120191-DIY-Calibrating-the-Voltage-on-the-TPS) on throttle cable adjustment.

notJDM
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Legends!