PDA

View Full Version : Turbo EH

Tamagochi
12-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I just recently Boosted my EH9 and still have my standard 2.5inch piping Exhuast. I'm Just wondering If i should Change to a 3inch exhaust or not? If so can anyone help me out with sourcing exhaust?

dougie_504
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I suggest stick to 2.5 if it's mandrel bent

WA-EG
12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
im guessing its a 1.6....... If yes then stick with the 2.5 as dougie said. Providing its mandrel bent all the way.

3 inch would be a little too large. Usually advised for either 2L and above or very high boost smaller engines.

Also, we want to see pics. :-)

Tamagochi
12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Well the Exhaust was from my old Set up (NA B4 Turbo) its an Xforce Twinloop and I think its Mandrel Bend, i got it done at Right place exhaust. The Engine was 1.6 (D16y1) but Now 1.7. My mechanic says the Twinloop is Restricting part of my power therefore i need a Straight exhaust without having the loop. So Stick To 2.5 Inch?

WA-EG
12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
twin loop's usually flow quite well. i'd be surprised if the was limiting your power. thats the idea of them, essentially a hiflow muffler but bexause the gas goes thrpugh twice they are quiet.

Tamagochi
12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah i like it for the Quietness but yeah I am Boosting 14 Psi So far.

WA-EG
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
what sort of boost will you be getting to??? Perhaps if you are heading upwards of 14psi then perhaps you might want to look at the larger diameter exhaust. Alot of the boosted civics around here are only running 7 tp 8 psi.

mugen_ctr
12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
for turbos, theres no need for exhaust pressure in the exhaust, only in the manifold, which is why this is the crucial part in making a good power band, using a twin loop isnt such a good idea, as it might build up exhaust pressure but prove me wrong, sure it mite sound quite, but id say go for good flowing cannon style muffler, or oval shape for more quietness... over the twinloop....

Test a 3inch system to see if it mite make a difference

Quick note, for more power, like 160-180kw, stick to 3 inch or bigger... 2.5 will be getting restrictive

Tamagochi
13-08-2010, 10:46 AM
what sort of boost will you be getting to??? Perhaps if you are heading upwards of 14psi then perhaps you might want to look at the larger diameter exhaust. Alot of the boosted civics around here are only running 7 tp 8 psi.

I can Run both High and Low Boost, my maximun is 14 psi.

for turbos, theres no need for exhaust pressure in the exhaust, only in the manifold, which is why this is the crucial part in making a good power band, using a twin loop isnt such a good idea, as it might build up exhaust pressure but prove me wrong, sure it mite sound quite, but id say go for good flowing cannon style muffler, or oval shape for more quietness... over the twinloop....

Test a 3inch system to see if it mite make a difference

Quick note, for more power, like 160-180kw, stick to 3 inch or bigger... 2.5 will be getting restrictive

Oh ok.Does anyone have any suggestions for Mufflers? i dont think they make any exhaust system for 4dr sedan. it is kinda of hard trying to find a 3 inch Axel back on this forum, same as a 2.5inch straight canon.

mugen_ctr
13-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I dont think many conpanies make 3 inch for ek 4doors, Skunk 2 Mega power, is the biggest iev seen on civics which is 3inch, usually the biggest is 2.5, u mite need to chop an extend the axle back longer if its for a 2door, but it shouldn't be no biggie for any exhaust, so long as the welds are really clean.... Or alternative, get the bigger muffler from another car, like Dc5R, since 3inch on those is the norm, an again customize it 2 fit

Val
13-08-2010, 01:48 PM
you could always try a custom exhaust, as in go to a shop and get one made up.

Tamagochi
13-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah i was thinking Of getting a Custom Mandrel Bend 3 inch piping and a 3inch Axel back of the following brands(fujitsubo, apexi, greddy) or just a 2.5 inch axel back, just welded onto my piping. Kind hard finding Axel backs 2nd hand or Affordable brand new ones.