PDA

View Full Version : RWC scenario

cheapdouchebag
12-08-2010, 01:33 AM
lets say a car with ''minor mechanical work required'' as stated by the seller with no rego n no rwc because he had lost his license and got caught driving with when rego had expired...
blew out smoke almost every time acceleration pedal was pressed.

worst case scenario - it happens to be radiator fluid getting in the engine.

and a band-aid fix like stop-leak fluid to fix it up a bit is used

would it pass rwc? im quite confident the body and tires, seatbelt and what not will pass. my only concern is the 'minor mechanical work' required will destroy my chances on getting rwc.

Alexplicit
12-08-2010, 09:04 AM
what colour smoke is it blowing?

and as long as it doenst blow smoke when the car goes in for the rwc. how is the mech suppose to know that there is an issue with the car blowing smoke...

my honest oppinion.. dont buy something u know is fooked..

mocchi
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
lets say a car with ''minor mechanical work required'' as stated by the seller with no rego n no rwc because he had lost his license and got caught driving with when rego had expired...
blew out smoke almost every time acceleration pedal was pressed.

worst case scenario - it happens to be radiator fluid getting in the engine.

and a band-aid fix like stop-leak fluid to fix it up a bit is used

would it pass rwc? im quite confident the body and tires, seatbelt and what not will pass. my only concern is the 'minor mechanical work' required will destroy my chances on getting rwc.

VIC RWC (VSI26): visible smoke must not be evident for over 10 seconds of normal engine operation. that is the requirement in terms of smoking engine.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I love this thread so much.